Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484484 times)

videovance

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4515 on: June 25, 2015, 10:25:46 AM »
Hehe, thanks, guys! and OrigamiOwl, I COMPLETELY agree- that's why his hair is so big. it's full of secrets/illusions of height (maybe he's born with it, maybe it's maybelline)

KicknRun, I LOVE THE WAY YOU DRAW oh my gosh. oh my g o s h h h h. 0u0 Plus, it doesn't matter how long it took to draw that, because it looks super great!!

Also, blanket statement where all y'all are amazing and also post reeeeeally quickly (in the best way!). I think this is the part where I hand out cookies? I still don't quite understand why we do it but it's great and I highly approve. [chucks cookies at everyone]

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4516 on: June 25, 2015, 10:43:12 AM »
One more doodle that I've been meaning to post for months now

There's really no point to this. I just like drawing hair. Also that smudge by the corner of his mouth was not there the last time I checked whoops
The hair is beautiful *w*

I still can't believe Emil is shorter by like 2cm it's my favourite thing
Of course you are Emil <3 I promise it's the hair that makes him look taller at times xD

I was wondering how the crew would look like ten years from now, and decided to give it a try.

Emil and Lalli are 29, Reynir is 30, Tuuri is 31, Sigrun is 42 and Mikkel is 44.

I just really wanted to give Reynir a goatee, okay
That Lalli!!!! ABKKSDJABKDÄOAÄP!!! Holy smokes, he's gorgeous!!
I'm not a fan of facial hair, but Reynir is rocking that goatee!
I think you've managed to age them really well :) The only one that doesn't do it for me is Emil (I guess it's the lack of hair volume?)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4517 on: June 25, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »
Thank you so much for all your comments, guys!! They make me really happy!  ;D

And goatee Reynir is well worth it. XD Now I'm wondering how another expedition would go ten years from current comic-time? *I should write a fic*

YES. YES YOU SHOULD.

Omgggg <333 I love this!
Did Emil's hair like... deflate with age? XD
PONYTAIL LALLI OMG
I just, I love how you made small changes to their appearance that show age but still get their looks across. But, wow - did Sigrun get a little unlucky?

ponytail Lalli!??? And smiling??? HOW DARE YOU PLAY WITH MY HEART LIKE THAT. DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME. -off to draw a million ponytail Lallis never doing anything else again-

I just can't see boring-hair-Emil though. He either gets a buzz cut for Meaningful Reasons, or grows his hair longer - my preferred option, as it would suit an older and more badass Emil. I... might even stop for a second from drawing the million Lallis to draw older Emil. Yes. Yes good.

That Lalli!!!! ABKKSDJABKDÄOAÄP!!! Holy smokes, he's gorgeous!!
I'm not a fan of facial hair, but Reynir is rocking that goatee!
I think you've managed to age them really well :) The only one that doesn't do it for me is Emil (I guess it's the lack of hair volume?)

Ok, so everyone likes Lalli, which is weird (he is the one I struggled with the most, and ended up mildly displeased with).

About Sigrun, I thought that, well, being a captain and slaying trolls and all that, she must have some battle scars by now. Maybe the more scars you have, the more respectable you are among her people. And a scarred Sigrun sounded cool to me, like she has a lot of stories to tell? I don't know.

And I tried to make Emil look a little bit more mature looking, but maybe I went too far with the hair cutting (oops). I just wanted him to look like he got over his "everything revolves around me" phase, and cutting his hair sounded like a good thing to do.
I almost cut Reynir's braid too, but it felt like I was comitting a murder, and I'm glad I decided to let him keep his gorgeous hair.

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4518 on: June 25, 2015, 11:33:36 AM »
I just can't see boring-hair-Emil though. He either gets a buzz cut for Meaningful Reasons, or grows his hair longer - my preferred option, as it would suit an older and more badass Emil. I... might even stop for a second from drawing the million Lallis to draw older Emil. Yes. Yes good.

Two words, my friend: Mohawk Emil.
(Although floofy-ponytail Emil would also be good...)

And yes, I concur that Smiling Ponytail Lalli is most best.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #4519 on: June 25, 2015, 12:16:07 PM »
Spoiler: show
I sometimes entertain the idea that Emil's height contains 1 inch pure hair volume, and 1 inch sparkle illusion; which is only effective because Emil and Lalli are never standing close to each other long enough for anyone to really notice ;3

Headcanon accepted :D
Two words, my friend: Mohawk Emil.
(Although floofy-ponytail Emil would also be good...)

And yes, I concur that Smiling Ponytail Lalli is most best.

Emil is the only person I can see being responsible for bringing back The Undercut! (someone please draw this)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4520 on: June 25, 2015, 12:31:24 PM »
RTR: Austin!Sigrun is gorgeous!! *-*

Emil is the only person I can see being responsible for bringing back The Undercut! (someone please draw this)

Ohh, I hate this haircut so much!!!

(someone has to draw it)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4521 on: June 25, 2015, 12:45:39 PM »

Best way to recover from a stressful day seems to be painting Sigruns. :Þ

Yes, this is also beneficial for my mental state. "How can I become better if I'm already most best?"

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #4522 on: June 25, 2015, 12:53:23 PM »
I don't see it working with his round/wide face, it would only make him look like a massive hipster. Lalli, on the other hand...

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #4523 on: June 25, 2015, 01:12:59 PM »
videovance: jjsgdhnf YES. THANK YOU. Emil will always think he's taller than Lalli. Headcanon of mine. I'm sorry. It's too awesome <33

Daéa: I can't deal with this. LOOK HOW COOL THEY LOOK. HOW. EVEN IF THEY ARE OLDER THEY STILL LOOK CUTE AAHHHHH ouo
I love how Tuuri and Reynir looks hahah

Laufey: I love how you use the watercolors tbh. I like how this looks! It's awesome  :D

RTR: hahah yesss more Austin AU! It's cool :3

KnR: I love how Emil looks cute to me! <3
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #4524 on: June 25, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »
I don't see it working with his round/wide face, it would only make him look like a massive hipster. Lalli, on the other hand...
I'm pretty sure Emil is already as hipster as you can get in Y90.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4525 on: June 25, 2015, 02:19:36 PM »
Yes, this is also beneficial for my mental state. "How can I become better if I'm already most best?"

Pffffttt that could work. Optionally "wonder if I could feed the Icelander to the cat/s".
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4526 on: June 25, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »
Thanks for the nice comments on Emil the kitty rescuer, too bad it was not quite canon  :-\

Sigrid Marie, amazing braid is amazing!
RTR, I love farmer Mikkel and aww look at the cute newborn calf. OF COURSE Mikkel would be adept at calving and lambing and ...pigling? AustinSigrun looks good, I think you're doing amazing things with just three colors.
Red Cloud: I like Emils contemplative face. And again, nice linework and shading.
Antillanka: Pocket Trond is pure genius. If I ever get myself to a convention, I will bring PockeTrond. Videovance: D'aaww, they are so cute. Of course Emil thinks he's taller than Lalli, I agree completely with that headcanon! And Laufey, even if the best way to recover from stress is painting Sigruns, I hope your days will be less stressful but with ample opportunity to paint Sigrun anyway! Daéa, the crew looks good. You have a very pretty style.
Kick, good work, Emil looks good (and nice work on the lines!) :)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #4527 on: June 25, 2015, 03:43:19 PM »
Has anyone done any troll or giant fan art?
Try searching for "accordion", "blorp" and "blep" troll, I'ld say they qualify ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4528 on: June 25, 2015, 04:47:50 PM »
Try searching for "accordion", "blorp" and "blep" troll, I'ld say they qualify ...
don't forget Lord Trolldemort!

Also, I don't think anyone would mind if you asked directly in the art thread...
you'll know where to find me.

videovance

« Reply #4529 on: June 25, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »
Emil with an undercut????? aw yES