Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484036 times)

videovance

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4365 on: June 21, 2015, 04:18:36 AM »
I found this thread when it was 170-ish pages long. Now I've managed to get to pg.200 and it's nearly 300 long. But I'm damned if I won't see every piece of art submitted in this thread.

I also humbly submit my own piece.

Since I (re-)started learning how to draw about a month ago, this is by far the most abnormal pose I've attempted; I traced a skeleton from a throwing ninja pose I found on google. The face was also drawn very closely referencing a page from the webcomic, but at least the result is good enough (and far better than my past attempts). Figuring out where the jacket/coat thing went while contorted was fun, and I hope/think I got it right. The colours are pretty simple; I added a shading layer to add some depth, but I don't think it's got enough contrast, in hindsight.

oH MY GOODNESS, THIS IS WONDERFUL!! You've chosen a really difficult (but well-suited) pose and you've done it quite well! I love the intent look on Emil's face 0u0

I think the contrast is great, but if you ever wanna figure out whether there's enough contrast with a piece, you should look at this cool tutorial. It has a very clear explanation on how to check if your art has enough contrast, along with other cool stuff.

Also, welcome to the forums! (good luck getting through all the pages, this place updates like crazy!! i still haven't seen everything whoops)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #4366 on: June 21, 2015, 05:16:04 AM »
I found this thread when it was 170-ish pages long. Now I've managed to get to pg.200 and it's nearly 300 long. But I'm damned if I won't see every piece of art submitted in this thread.

I also humbly submit my own piece.

Since I (re-)started learning how to draw about a month ago, this is by far the most abnormal pose I've attempted; I traced a skeleton from a throwing ninja pose I found on google. The face was also drawn very closely referencing a page from the webcomic, but at least the result is good enough (and far better than my past attempts). Figuring out where the jacket/coat thing went while contorted was fun, and I hope/think I got it right. The colours are pretty simple; I added a shading layer to add some depth, but I don't think it's got enough contrast, in hindsight.
Nice! :D
Once I got to meet my favorite children's author in person and I couldn't say a word and had to sit down and put my head between my knees afterwards and once I met this professor whose work I really admire at a baptism and I couldn't even work up the guts to say hi and I had to leave the room to calm down I am such a fangirl it's so embarrassing.)
Aww! Once I had to MC a presentation at a book signing for one of my favorite illustrators, and I had a script and I looked at it, and there was a year of birth. So I looked at the number, my excited brain scrambled the number, I said the number and made him at least 500 years older than he actually was and I laughed it off like a pro and the audience laughed and the illustrator looked at me like À__Á and now I actually fear him
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:18:49 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4367 on: June 21, 2015, 08:11:11 AM »
SO MUCH CUTE WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME WITH THE CUTE??? Also grumpy Tuuri. I did not realize how much I needed grumpy Tuuri until now.

I was wondering first why all requests with Tuuri was with angry/grumpy expressions xD it was kind of funny tho xD
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4368 on: June 21, 2015, 01:30:18 PM »
Take me with you
(No but if I were to actually meet him I'd probably have a heart attack. Once I got to meet my favorite children's author in person and I couldn't say a word and had to sit down and put my head between my knees afterwards and once I met this professor whose work I really admire at a baptism and I couldn't even work up the guts to say hi and I had to leave the room to calm down I am such a fangirl it's so embarrassing.
You're welcome in France ^^ (*Takes notes* If we organize something in France, in this bar and we'll maybe have a chance... ;)) (Mmmh, better idea : convert him to SSSS and then organize something in this bar :D)
(Trust me, I understand : a few months ago a friend nearly had to push and/or pull me in front of an author I wasn't even seeing for the first time. In a corner of my mind, I was just still an awkward and blushing teenager.)

You say that so casually, as if it were no big thing to have Boulet walking the streets of your hometown.  I think I'd be joining RTR in the squee-ing fangirls line or ever-so-casually hanging out at that bar.  Only I'd be the one carrying the homemade pie and inobtrusively elbowing all the others out of my way. 

I can picture the line of people waiting for a drawing -- he often shows scenes like that in his comic blog.  Funny and cute.
Well... he's french, and lives in Paris, and sometimes I'm in Paris, and I saw him (from far away) at several festivals one or twice a year, so... excuse me ? ^^°
Seeing him in the bar was mostly a "Hey, but is it... yes, it's Boulet ! Might I say or do something ? Errrrrrr, no."
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4369 on: June 21, 2015, 01:42:41 PM »
DDASDFHJDFJHFGOISDHUDFDSFHKLFSDAHFSD THERE IS TOO MUCH AWESOME. I can't even. Good job to everyone!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #4370 on: June 21, 2015, 02:31:12 PM »
DDASDFHJDFJHFGOISDHUDFDSFHKLFSDAHFSD THERE IS TOO MUCH AWESOME. I can't even. Good job to everyone!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
basically me, I am just lazy to say it each time when someone posts something.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #4371 on: June 21, 2015, 09:32:34 PM »
THAT AKSEL AND SIGRUN IS AWESOME AAAAAA
---------------------------------------------

I am taking aian requests, now colour palette requests
here is one I have done:

I got two palette for each character in one ask saying Tuuri or onni and I was like WHY NOT BOTH.

feel free to go to my tumblr and ask me some more requests if you want! (character, pairing)

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #4372 on: June 21, 2015, 10:18:24 PM »
THAT AKSEL AND SIGRUN IS AWESOME AAAAAA
---------------------------------------------

I am taking aian requests, now colour palette requests
here is one I have done:

I got two palette for each character in one ask saying Tuuri or onni and I was like WHY NOT BOTH.

feel free to go to my tumblr and ask me some more requests if you want! (character, pairing)

Oooh they complement each other so nicely, such lovely warm colors to counter all the angst. Your faces are always great. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #4373 on: June 22, 2015, 01:13:14 AM »
So a Thing happened...

And then I was looking at the Thing and was like, 'what the aitch-ee-double-hockey-stick, this requires an explanation before I start getting PMs inquiring after my mental well-being."
Explanation under the cut.
Spoiler: show

... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4374 on: June 22, 2015, 01:28:33 AM »
So a Thing happened...

And then I was looking at the Thing and was like, 'what the aitch-ee-double-hockey-stick, this requires an explanation before I start getting PMs inquiring after my mental well-being."

Haha, I love it!  Only now that I'm not worried about *your* mental well-being, what about Mikkel's?
I mean, to quote the Actors Studio, "what's his motivation?"  Did they find a cache of 91-year-old Gammel Dansk?  Or has Reynir developed laryngitis, so he can't apologize or offer to help until he gets over it?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #4375 on: June 22, 2015, 01:33:06 AM »
Haha, I love it!  Only now that I'm not worried about *your* mental well-being, what about Mikkel's?
I mean, to quote the Actors Studio, "what's his motivation?"  Did they find a cache of 91-year-old Gammel Dansk?  Or has Reynir developed laryngitis, so he can't apologize or offer to help until he gets over it?
I'm thinking that what's actually happening is something along these lines:

When Mikkel comes down with a bad cold, Sigrun has to do the doctoring. She thinks she gave him enough pain medication....
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Myferi

« Reply #4376 on: June 22, 2015, 02:03:46 AM »
Mikkel would totally frolic. If he thought nobody was watching.

I went and art'ed again... this time I made something which I've not actually seen on the forums yet; a forum signature-banner image. The source is the excellent page 264, where Emil makes things go BANG. I essentially just apply a bunch of grunge layers, blended together with a special sauce. It's my way of taking a break from drawing; I can whip one of these up in about half an hour since photo-manipulation is my specialty.

Not sure if this is counts as 'fanart' per se, like the other images in this thread, but I'm going to put it in my signature and since I've not found any signature image rules (I searched) I'll assume the 400x120 pixel size is ok.
(I also made a Photoshop brush from the SSSS logo, since I wanted to use it there in the top right corner. I can upload that if anyone else wants to use it.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:06:46 AM by Myferi »
Fluent: :latvia: :australia: :italy:
Forgotten most of: :germany:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4377 on: June 22, 2015, 04:01:55 AM »

Wow, they look exactly like themselves - or more like, I feel there's a real Tuuri and Onni here. Something about the poses, also the colours also suit them each well, it's almost like the colours are actually telling some kind of a story for this picture.

AHAHAHAHA YEEEES! I'm wishing so badly this would actually happen. Besides Sjösala vals started ringing in my head the moment I saw this (it's about a guy who wakes up and runs outside to frolick in the flowers in his nightie)... :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4378 on: June 22, 2015, 04:03:01 AM »
Mikkel would totally frolic. If he thought nobody was watching.

I went and art'ed again... this time I made something which I've not actually seen on the forums yet; a forum signature-banner image. The source is the excellent page 264, where Emil makes things go BANG. I essentially just apply a bunch of grunge layers, blended together with a special sauce. It's my way of taking a break from drawing; I can whip one of these up in about half an hour since photo-manipulation is my specialty.

Not sure if this is counts as 'fanart' per se, like the other images in this thread, but I'm going to put it in my signature and since I've not found any signature image rules (I searched) I'll assume the 400x120 pixel size is ok.
(I also made a Photoshop brush from the SSSS logo, since I wanted to use it there in the top right corner. I can upload that if anyone else wants to use it.)

We have a thread for this!
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=271.915

(Also, your siggy is the same as my icon. There will be blood.)
(Jk)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4379 on: June 22, 2015, 05:23:12 AM »
Daéa Reina, Noodly Appendage: Thank you :D

TheBlondeGinger: Welcome to the thread! The team looks super cute and I really like Lalli's expression XD

jesty: Yay for smiling Lalli! :D I think most of them look like they could be in character (catnit excluded) :P I hope we get to see Lalli smile once at least :)
Curly haired Reynir is fabulous ;w;

RandomTexanReader: The Eides look so sweet together :)

Martti Kakkiainen: Your style is so cute!! >w<

mad robin: Oh gosh, poor Aksel XD
Haiz: Valkyria Sigrun looks awesome! ;D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3