Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483625 times)

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4305 on: June 19, 2015, 09:09:04 PM »
*flops around in a puddle of feel-good compliments*
Thank you all, I tried almost my most best ;w; And I am glad I was able to make some of you guys happy through a very depressing spider-doggy moment u_u

And heh, believe or not, I had to practice drawing Lalli smile. Here's a few sketches I did of Lalli being completely out of character :P

Spoiler:  The Different Types of Lallis • show

We have a Lalli high on catnip, an Lalli trying to smile, a "maybe...kind of...one" Lalli, a "nnnooo" Lalli
and on the bottom half we have an Awkward-Lalli and a Lalli saying "Look mom! My Spell made the stars appear!"
a sarcastic Lalli and last but definitely the most best:
a Laughing Lalli becoming totally embarrassing while Tuuri says,"I knew one of my weird jokes would work!" :3   

*goes back to drawing Curly-haired ssss crew*
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:12:43 PM by jesty »
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4306 on: June 19, 2015, 09:15:08 PM »
awwww those smiley lallis made my day!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4307 on: June 19, 2015, 09:19:05 PM »
Don't tell Ana.

VIOLA! Read my lips: You. Need. To. Eat. Am I clear? You cannot draw if you're delirious from lack of food!

That said, your pictures are super cute, TheBlondeGinger. (Hmm, how to shorten your name? Blonde? Ginger? Paradox? :P)

:o Lalli is so cute when he's actually happy!! I like the "look mom!" one :)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4308 on: June 19, 2015, 09:23:27 PM »
VIOLA! Read my lips: You. Need. To. Eat. Am I clear? You cannot draw if you're delirious from lack of food!

What? I never said anything about not eating... I have no idea what you are talking about. *dives under blankets and hides*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4309 on: June 19, 2015, 09:23:52 PM »
It might be worth it to use prismacolor markers instead - they're a little cheaper - but I haven't used copics so I can't compare.
...I have a massive collection of prismacolor markers.
I have one too. Honestly I couldn't use them properly or blend them for the longest time (think 4-5 years) and now that I do know how I prefer the colored pencils and digital for coloring?? It's quite a predicament.

jesty THOSE ARE SO CUTW AND THE PERFECT THING TO SEE BEFORE BED
EEEE I NEED MORE SMILING LALLI
On a more coherent note, I really love how you draw hair and the way you construct facial structure! It's got such volume to it and it's really pretty! :D
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #4310 on: June 19, 2015, 09:31:37 PM »
I have one too. Honestly I couldn't use them properly or blend them for the longest time (think 4-5 years) and now that I do know how I prefer the colored pencils and digital for coloring?? It's quite a predicament.

TBH, I haven't used mine for months since I've gone almost completely digital. I haven't even been using my microns. How did this happen

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #4311 on: June 19, 2015, 09:33:12 PM »
TBH, I haven't used mine for months since I've gone almost completely digital. I haven't even been using my microns. How did this happen

Ooooohh another art thing I should buy?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #4312 on: June 19, 2015, 09:34:35 PM »

No! Food first! *Discreetly checks Amazon for fancy markers*
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #4313 on: June 19, 2015, 09:39:25 PM »
While we are on the topic of posting Lallis: An exercise in different types of shading (I finally figured out how to do the thing Laufey taught me)

I spent all afternoon doing this instead of socializing (and then got yelled at for not socializing) but it was totally worth it.
(also apologies for the bad photo, I have one lamp and one 3 year old phone with a camera)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #4314 on: June 19, 2015, 09:44:17 PM »

Yeah! Micron pens! You don't have to buy them in packs since they're mostly all the same color. So two pens could last you a while. I have an even bigger collection of those than markers :D

P.S. Very nice Lallis all around :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #4315 on: June 19, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »
While we are on the topic of posting Lallis: An exercise in different types of shading (I finally figured out how to do the thing Laufey taught me)

I spent all afternoon doing this instead of socializing (and then got yelled at for not socializing) but it was totally worth it.
(also apologies for the bad photo, I have one lamp and one 3 year old phone with a camera)

Oh wow. Teach me your ways. Please. This... yes.  Just yes.

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #4316 on: June 19, 2015, 09:45:42 PM »
Hello! Hi! I'm super nervous for this is the first place I've posted my art somewhere! I however doodled a few things while in the world's longest car ride and felt like sharing.

Lalli's NOPE face is the best face hahaha! Good job! And I drool for those Copics!! Sweet, sweet Copics! They can poison you with toluene, but it's worth it!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4317 on: June 19, 2015, 09:50:24 PM »

Yesssss, buy them! They're lovely to use and I have some that are 6 years old, so you don't have to worry about durability as long as you don't press too hard. They're great lining pens and I LOVE THEM
YEET

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #4318 on: June 19, 2015, 10:15:13 PM »
I love Aksel and Sigrun (prologue) so much and I ship them so hard so I drew a little goofy comic with them.

And if anybody's interested, I decided to document my process for these goofy things.
Spoiler: show
1. The actually fun part. I scrabble and doodle and brainstorm until I've got something I like. I just use some cheap copy paper and a mechanical pencil, then scan it and darken it in picmonkey so it's more visible. Most of my ideas come from real life or from other people's ideas: in this case, these two dorks are reenacting an exchange between me and one of my sisters. My thought process here was A) Aksel is like head and shoulders over Sigrun that is so freakin' cute. B) I bet that he hugs on her all the time C) Hahaha, "Amoeba." (Some of the other stuff on here might get developed further: probably not, though.)

2. Things start getting less fun. I actually figure out the technicalities of getting my joke across: how many panels, can I squish them, words where and how, etc. I'm still excited at this point, but this is when I start to get that sinking feeling. It's just not very good, you know?

3. "Fair copy." Actually worse than the first draft, if that was possible. Who the heck am I kidding. This is a stupid idea, I'm a horrible excuse for an artist, I can't ever do anything good, and why do I even try. Why am I still drawing. You know what? I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to finish it. You can't make me, I refuse. I'm going to bed and never doing anything ever again because look at how ugly and awful and UGH why do I inflict my stuff on other people. Because I'm a needy egoist, that's why. I hate myself so much, I hate my work, I hate the world, I hate this pencil, I hate this paper, I hate this comic, I hate everything. I just want to go to sleep and never wake up again.

Then I scan it, darken it, put it on the forum, people say nice things, I melt into a happy puddle, and later repeat the process all over again, loathing everything I've ever drawn before.
And that, my friends, is the definition of insanity.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #4319 on: June 19, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »

3. "Fair copy." Actually worse than the first draft, if that was possible. Who the heck am I kidding. This is a stupid idea, I'm a horrible excuse for an artist, I can't ever do anything good, and why do I even try. Why am I still drawing. You know what? I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to finish it. You can't make me, I refuse. I'm going to bed and never doing anything ever again because look at how ugly and awful and UGH why do I inflict my stuff on other people. Because I'm a needy egoist, that's why. I hate myself so much, I hate my work, I hate the world, I hate this pencil, I hate this paper, I hate this comic, I hate everything. I just want to go to sleep and never wake up again.

Then I scan it, darken it, put it on the forum, people say nice things, I melt into a happy puddle, and later repeat the process all over again, loathing everything I've ever drawn before.
And that, my friends, is the definition of insanity.

I can relate to this 100%. We can totally have neighbouring cells when they put us in the insane asylum. ;D

And as always, your lovely comic put a smile on my face :)