Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484234 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4170 on: June 16, 2015, 09:34:59 PM »
[soft screaming from Curry's general direction at all this beautiful art]
YEET

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4171 on: June 16, 2015, 10:04:38 PM »

and more frames are added...... still a wip, I dunno if I can colour it.....

HSFLSDFKJSDF YES THIS IS BEAUTIFUL
I HAVE FAITH IN YOU

GUYS STOP DON'T ENCOURAGE ME.

CAN I JOIN YOU IN THE TRASH BIN
ALSO THAT AU IS A THING NOW
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4172 on: June 16, 2015, 10:26:41 PM »

Hooray for watercolors! I love this pose: so dynamic! I can just imagine Lalli leaping upward yelling "Get out!", followed by a large column of water :)

Yes yes yes. SSSS definitely needs more in the animated GIF department, and this fits the bill just perfectly!

Continuing with the Austin AU, since nobody asked me to....
(all the awesome)

*Continues to encourage you*
Come out of the trash can. Light and human interaction are important, and actually not too bad once you get used to them. And for the record, I thought the "rainbow measles", as you call them, were a clever artistic choice rather than a result of limited markers. So you fooled me, at least!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4173 on: June 16, 2015, 10:43:35 PM »

Student (?) Emil. Just lost his scholarship to University of Texas, and isn't sure what to do next.
He'll probably become a DJ, since that's what everyone else in Austin does. :P

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4174 on: June 16, 2015, 10:45:27 PM »
Speaking of, I have a thing. It has a bit of a backstory that I came up with while I was making it (with help from Feartheviolas), but sad story is sad and may intensify/destroy shipper feels, so I'll put it in a spoiler down below. And I promised myself I wouldn't be self-deprecating about my art here, but this is maybe my second time using watercolors...so be gentle....

Spoiler: show
"Mourning Emil"

During one of the crew's book collecting expeditions, Emil was cornered by trolls and died. The entire crew took this loss hard, especially Lalli. He wouldn't speak a word, not even to Tuuri, and spent even more time than usual sleeping. In the dream world, he felt a little better because he could pretend that Emil was still alive in the waking world. Over the course of the expedition they had become such good friends... maybe... maybe more than friends. But it was too late for that now. Lalli seriously considered living out the rest of his life in his dream, just so he would never have to go back to that world without Emil. He spent days at the edge of the dream, caught between waking and sleep. Finally, he realized that he couldn't stay asleep forever. The only parts of his friend that remained were the memories shared by the other crewmates, and they were all out there. They needed their scout to be safe, they needed his help and protection as much as Emil had needed it on the day Lalli couldn't give it to him. And if they died too... Emil would really truly be gone. And so, teetering as he was on the edge of consciousness, Lalli let himself drift back to the painful waking world, because feeling the pain was better than pretending it never happened.

I love this picture. It's so beautiful and it tugs at my heart strings. Ana you're gonna make me cry. So much feelsssssssssss.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4175 on: June 17, 2015, 12:49:21 AM »
Let me drown you in cuteness

Yay!! that is amazing!! I must draw them all! I'm glad that I'm not the only on who watches MLP!! YAY!!

What would the crews Cutie Marks be?
Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4176 on: June 17, 2015, 01:10:14 AM »
I'm sorry for the double post but here is Pony Emil. Thank you RealRedCloud for giving me the inspiration to draw and post this.
Sorry about the image quality the picture was taken with my phone and I'm half asleep so it din't turn out very well.

Spoiler: show

Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #4177 on: June 17, 2015, 01:37:44 AM »
Haha, no. :p
This is amazing!! Is he sneezing? =)
No, this is when he reads Tuuri's note and realizes that all that she has been talking about isn't some weird joke that he doesn't get but that they are catching a boat to a new job.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:43:09 AM by KMK »

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4178 on: June 17, 2015, 02:26:31 AM »

LALLI = V + < > + L + O O

Mikkel = box + <<<< + >>>> + - - -

Tuuri = O + o + o + o + o

Braidy = U + T T + OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:43:52 AM by Rosepieces »

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #4179 on: June 17, 2015, 02:59:15 AM »
I should be studying for my Major exam on Friday, but I ended up drawing a Lalli instead...
Wonky Lalli is wonky.. How can I fix him?? How do?? ;_; (I can't Face anymore argh what is facial symmetry? help)

Did someone eat all the cookies?
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4180 on: June 17, 2015, 04:49:43 AM »

It's looking really nice so far :D

I like this AU :D and don't apologize for the color measels, I also thought they were some stylistic device :P I think it looks pretty cool.

I should be studying for my Major exam on Friday, but I ended up drawing a Lalli instead...
Wonky Lalli is wonky.. How can I fix him?? How do?? ;_; (I can't Face anymore argh what is facial symmetry? help)

Haha, I know that feeling xD I like seeing Lalli actually displaying some emotion and I don't think he turned out wonky :)
It wasn't me, I swear

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4181 on: June 17, 2015, 05:05:23 AM »
GUYS DON'T STOP DON'T ENCOURAGING ME.

Ooh, ooh!  I did!  I'm asking! 

Tuuri Tourist (eager). Has been dreaming of visiting Austin for ages. And now she finally gets the chance! She has one full summer in the city of her dreams, and she's determined to make the most of it if it kills her. Or her cousin, which is more likely.
Lalli Tourist (reluctant). It's too hot, too crowded, too loud, too dirty, too smelly, the hotel bed is uncomfortable, he doesn't like the food, and can he please go home now.

Student (?) Emil. Just lost his scholarship to University of Texas, and isn't sure what to do next.

Musician Reynir. Plans to make it big on the local music scene. Reality is about to give this kid the biggest kick in the rear in the history of rear-kicking.
Confident Guitar Reynir is pretty darn cute, I must say. 

Aaaand here's some Capitol Staffer Mikkel. He hates politics so very much. And politicians are worse.
Capitol Staffer Mikkel is my favorite.  He would make a terrific aide, except for his habit of making Kinsley Gaffes.  When I was a reporter, covering local government, we loved these guys.

[spoiler]Once my mom was watching some political drama TV show and I came over and was like 'that's not realistic at all' and then I thought back to some of the stories I've heard and I was like 'oh never mind it's actually spot on.' Politics is nuts.

"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4182 on: June 17, 2015, 05:22:58 AM »

YES LALLI SHOWING EMOTIONS and he's not wonky. I'm going to draw him a bunch now ignores fact that it's almost 2:30 a.m.
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4183 on: June 17, 2015, 06:14:04 AM »
Sunflower, I love your drawings! Feel sorry for poor Lalli; bet he doesn't like the water either!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4184 on: June 17, 2015, 06:38:56 AM »
Sunflower, I love your drawings! Feel sorry for poor Lalli; bet he doesn't like the water either!

If you're talking about the Austin AU drawings, those are the work of the incredibly talented RandomTexanReader (who clearly knows her Texas). 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: