Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484565 times)

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #4080 on: June 15, 2015, 06:36:21 AM »
And at a family gathering, I may have been antisocial and drew stuff in the corner all day. And so I now present to you: the SSSS crew as toddlers!

[/quote]

Very adorable; and Emil with glitter is perfect. XD
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4081 on: June 15, 2015, 07:35:25 AM »
Hah, this thread grows so fast!

Martti Kakkiainen - aeeeeee :3 these are so cute! SweaterLalli just mets my heart so much, but Sigrun with a sword is just the mostest bestest ever!

misea - d'aaaaaaaw ^_^ they look so content there. Your linework is really tidy and there's something about Emil's hair which just seems phenomenally lifelike, and flowery Tuuri is just lovely :)

Ana Nymus - They are all such cuties :D I love how you've portrayed each of them, with Tuuri reading a big book, Lalli with cookies and Mikkel already disapproving of all these childish antics :P

I have some quick arts to share as well today ^_^ … so you guys may have seen the #distractinglysexy response which has invaded the internet this week (if you don't it's basically a bunch of women scientists fighting back against some sexist remarks by showing themselves being all badass and sciencey, google it and you will see some hilarious things!), anyway I decided that Siv should take part as well :P

Siv Vasterstrom - Sure, working on a vaccine for the rash illness is tough, but by far the biggest problem she faces is that she's just so #distractinglysexy! *sigh* Even the mutated rash creatures in the test tubes are falling in love with her….
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #4082 on: June 15, 2015, 08:25:11 AM »
Now that's really awesome - I especially like the posing of the two. I'd change the composition slightly if I were you - make the dog more towering over him or something like that, because otherwise the whole picture looks like a still from a fighting game. :D
Spoiler: No, really - look (really awful Photoshop edit) • show

The composition is not bad at all, but it looks weird to me for some reason.

I'm not an expert in composition (or other artsy-schmaftsy stuff in general), though. Really looking forward to seeing those Half-Life AU pictures you've promised us!
Ha, awesome edit! I guess it looks like a still from a fighting game because I drew it during a bout of nostalgia for the games I grew up with. My subconscious must've pulled it in that direction. It wasn't on purpose but I don't mind it (actually, I think it's pretty awesome :)). Having the dog tower over Emil would be more realistic/threatening/intense, but I wanted to draw him being brave for once, so he's going for "attack is the best form of defense", with a side of "crowbar is OP". What looks weird to you is the fact that Emil seems to be attacking the beast seemingly unprovoked, but I totally meant to do that. Also, composition of action scenes is one of my weakest points and instead of working on it I prefer to write these winded explanations of why I didn't do it better ;)

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #4083 on: June 15, 2015, 09:32:01 AM »
So I requested Reynir (wow, since when do I talk about Reynir) on Martti's Tumblr (not mine at all, I'm not this good) and I just had to repost it here:

¡*squee*!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4084 on: June 15, 2015, 10:37:56 AM »
So I requested Reynir (wow, since when do I talk about Reynir) on Martti's Tumblr (not mine at all, I'm not this good) and I just had to repost it here:

¡*squee*!

I just wanted to post this xD

and here is the last one I have got:
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #4085 on: June 15, 2015, 10:54:33 AM »
I have some quick arts to share as well today ^_^ … so you guys may have seen the #distractinglysexy response which has invaded the internet this week (if you don't it's basically a bunch of women scientists fighting back against some sexist remarks by showing themselves being all badass and sciencey, google it and you will see some hilarious things!), anyway I decided that Siv should take part as well :P

Siv Vasterstrom - Sure, working on a vaccine for the rash illness is tough, but by far the biggest problem she faces is that she's just so #distractinglysexy! *sigh* Even the mutated rash creatures in the test tubes are falling in love with her….
Oh my goood this is PERFECT :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4086 on: June 15, 2015, 11:09:34 AM »
I am a responsible hotel worker and would neeever doodle on my inspection notes, nooo

never
you'll know where to find me.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #4087 on: June 15, 2015, 11:15:28 AM »
I am a responsible hotel worker and would neeever doodle on my inspection notes, nooo

never
Lalli seems unimpressed
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4088 on: June 15, 2015, 11:17:45 AM »

never

It looks like all the stuff written above is Lalli's  "to do" list, and he is confused.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4089 on: June 15, 2015, 11:19:06 AM »
Lalli seems unimpressed
he ought to BE impressed because I drew him with one of those useless little hotel pencils

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #4090 on: June 15, 2015, 11:30:10 AM »
Gwenno: Haha Siv looks awesome!
Martti: Why you draw so cute dang it
Haiz: ptff- cool! And hey, I'm the only one who thinks Czech fits perfectly for Lalli? I mean, like mother language or second one.
That's it! Headcanon: Lalli secretly know Czech as second language.
:3
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4091 on: June 15, 2015, 11:30:42 AM »
Oh my goood this is PERFECT :D
Hehe thank you ^_^ I knew the little voice was wrong when it said that nobody else would find it funny (because I think it's just the very funniest thing!) - hah take that! I'm just sad now that I didn't think to add a rash monster in a tank with love hearts all around in the background  :-\ ah well….

never
You should draw and leave lil pictures in all of the guest rooms! I would definitely stay in the hotel that did that :D
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4092 on: June 15, 2015, 11:32:19 AM »
You should draw and leave lil pictures in all of the guest rooms! I would definitely stay in the hotel that did that :D
that would be really cute, but I can't....... because protocol............

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4093 on: June 15, 2015, 01:14:01 PM »
Chibi Sigrun for the cause! (And before you ask, the thing you think she's holding is exactly what you think it is.)

And Sigrun from the Tomorrow Villains AU. When I figure out how to draw speedsters, I'll let you know.

This is only vaguely related to the AU. Also, bluehair Lalli makes another appearance.

Also, about the chibi thing, I have no idea what I'm doing but I am doing the whole crew, so if you have any suggestions for what you want them to do, say so!

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4094 on: June 15, 2015, 01:20:08 PM »
Chibi Sigrun for the cause! (And before you ask, the thing you think she's holding is exactly what you think it is.)

*audience cheers*

I spy something brown, tree-legged and blorpy... cOULD IT BE