Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484350 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3990 on: June 13, 2015, 12:36:15 AM »
Sumeri, that looks amazing!! I love the detail in the hair. Also, the colouring looks positively stunning 0u0

Question for everyone: Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but what is the height order of the characters, from shortest to tallest? I can't quite tell (especially between the three shorties!) and it's bugging me in my drawing. I don't want to make it inaccurate, y'know?

They're very conveniently arranged in (almost) height order here:

So, from shortest to tallest, it goes
Tuuri -> Emil -> Lalli -> Reynir -> Sigrun -> Mikkel
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 12:39:23 AM by Solovei »
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3991 on: June 13, 2015, 12:37:36 AM »
I HOPE I'M NOT TOO LATE TO THE PARTY!!!

FORGIVE ME LORD, FOR I HAVE SINNED.

Pastel Goth/Weeaboo Children, as promised.

This bad boy took toooOOOooOoo long, this is why I don't hardcore art as often, guys. I need to get into sketching more. Yeas, that sounds less time consuming.
Traditional medium, because I'm useless on a tablet. Need to get into that too.

Please do sin more often ;)
They look awesome and I love all the detail you put into their outfits :D I didn't know I needed purple-haired Emil in my life X3 And that hand on the hip!! >w<

So my tablet arrived, and I decided to finish this:

To be honest, this makes me want to scream loudly was the most frustrating thing to colour EVER and nothing was going the way I originally intended and I'm still not really sure if I even like this or not? But by gods I'm done editing it.

Also, I was so frustrated I did some quick doodles of a few very out of character -moments:

It's not like Lalli would ever actually be happy about being hugged or you know, be actively hugging anyone ever, so I'm kinda imagining that he's extremely high on catnip or something and Emil's shamelessly taking advantage of his less than sober state of mind, OR alternatively is also a lil less than sober himself, thus the huggles, because, well why not? Hugs are a nice thing to receive D: and I needed to practice drawing interactions between people.

Oh and, that forehead leaning can totally be taken as non-shippy if you're not into shipping

I mean hey I do that with my sisters all the time, same difference, right?
I really like the way you colored Lalli in the tree, especially the hair :D
And the hugging pictures!! Such a good way to start the day <3 They look so ridiculously happy in the bottom one ^w^ Lalli is definitely drunk xD

As for the team heights there's also this pic by Minna:

To which she wrote: "Heh, I guess this thing turned out as a kind of height chart of the cast."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 12:39:57 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

videovance

« Reply #3992 on: June 13, 2015, 12:39:54 AM »
They're very conveniently arranged in (almost) height order here:

So, from shortest to tallest, it goes
Tuuri -> Emil -> Lalli -> Reynir -> Sigrun -> Mikkel

Whoa, that is extremely convenient! Thank you so much!! ;w; This was bugging me to no end, you have no idea!

[Oh heck, I have to fix my drawing. I made Reynir too tall :O]

As for the team heights there's also this pic by Minna:

To which she wrote: "Heh, I guess this thing turned out as a kind of height chart of the cast."

!!!!!
This is a wonderful reference to use, thank you so much! [sighs happily over how pretty Minna's art is]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 12:43:29 AM by videovance »

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #3993 on: June 13, 2015, 02:07:39 AM »
Also, I was so frustrated I did some quick doodles of a few very out of character -moments:

It's not like Lalli would ever actually be happy about being hugged or you know, be actively hugging anyone ever, so I'm kinda imagining that he's extremely high on catnip or something and Emil's shamelessly taking advantage of his less than sober state of mind, OR alternatively is also a lil less than sober himself, thus the huggles, because, well why not? Hugs are a nice thing to receive D: and I needed to practice drawing interactions between people.

...................... *inchoerent noises*
what
why
how
thank you ._. so very much. Their expressions are.... yes. This cured any frustrations I might've had too. 

*picks self off floor, regains some composure*

On the subject of character height, there are are also these:

[My headcanon, based on the impression they give off in the comic, is that Reynir is very tall, about as much as Mikkel, while Emil and Lalli are significantly shorter than Reynir and the exact same height as each other. Lalli has better posture and appears slightly taller, though.] Anyway the height differences actually vary a bit between Minna's pictures, so there's wiggle room. There are even a couple of pictures where Emil seems several cm taller than Lalli, but he's not *much* taller in any case.

As for out of character things, I would've said it's out of character for Lalli to declare someone his friend after spending just a few days together, yet  it happened! There is still hope  :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:08:40 AM by anonion »

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3994 on: June 13, 2015, 02:54:29 AM »
So, I was working on a crossover with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but haven't touched it for a few weeks now and realized that I probably won't be adding Reynir any time soon. I'm seriously sick of it right now xD

Originally all of them were going to be homunculus and Reynir was supposed to be Envy. But that only left Gluttony and Lust for Tuuri, which felt wrong :P So, I decided that the only original crew got to be homunculus. If Reynir ever is added he will be Ed :P

Who is who for those that can't tell:
Spoiler: show
Deadly sins:
Sigrun = Wrath
Mikkel = Greed
Tuuri = Envy
Lalli = Sloth
Emil = Pride

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #3995 on: June 13, 2015, 02:57:32 AM »

SUMERI used Forehead Touch!
It's super effective!
Wild RABBIT fainted!
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3996 on: June 13, 2015, 03:27:38 AM »
Spoiler: show
Deadly sins:
Sigrun = Wrath
Mikkel = Greed
Tuuri = Envy
Lalli = Sloth
Emil = Pride

oooOH THIS IS SO COOL. I like how Lalli turned out!

So my tablet arrived, and I decided to finish this:

YAY FOR YOU HAVING A TABLET AGAINnnn!! I really like your ethereal/mystical compositions and the roots and hair aaahhh

the hugs are also really sweet, and hey what is fanart for if not drawing OOC things that may never happen..... i was going to say something about what might happen in the next part of my fic but i shouldn't make any promises

and hahaha yeah speaking of people who don't really do hugs... I'm still working on learning to hug people/accept hugs irl:
- one time I agreed to being hugged in exchange for a piece of chocolate cake. dude squished my glasses into my face so they got all smudged. worst hug i ever had but at least i got cake
- was going to leave for home and didn't know whether to hug my friend or not, i was standing and she was sitting so i just pat-patted her on the head and left
- met a friend from my old school on the street, who is very much into physical contact (the cheek squishing. how are we friends) and i'm... not, I opened my arms uncertaintly as if to say "uhh,, hug? is that a correct thing to do in this situation" and they grabbed me and without warning liFTED ME UP FROM THE GROUND, people several streets away probably heard my screams of "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS I HATE YOU I HATE YOU"
you'll know where to find me.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #3997 on: June 13, 2015, 03:32:24 AM »

SCREECHING
THAT SECOND SKETCH
I CAN'T
*has been whisper-screaming for ten minutes*
*whisper screams some more*
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
« Reply #3998 on: June 13, 2015, 06:16:44 AM »

[...]

Oh and, that forehead leaning can totally be taken as non-shippy if you're not into shipping

I mean hey I do that with my sisters all the time, same difference, right?

Oh hey, you know... that forehead thing is how cats greet eachother and we have proclaimed Lalli as a cat in human form so. Totally non-shippy! Emil have just finally learned how to say hello to Lalli *nodnod*
(I totally ship it anyway though!)

Also I adore that third sketch! Emil looks so happy and Lalli looks... at least satisfied and it's so cute and I just... *melts*
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #3999 on: June 13, 2015, 06:29:08 AM »
Sumeri:  Gosh that Lalli in that tree-ish thing is awesome! And I can't stop fangirling to the doodles of Lalli and Emil
they are so cute <3

Edit: also, on my way to buy my graphic tablet (?) 8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 06:32:38 AM by RealRedCloudYT »
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4000 on: June 13, 2015, 01:28:27 PM »

and hahaha yeah speaking of people who don't really do hugs... I'm still working on learning to hug people/accept hugs irl:

- met a friend from my old school on the street, who is very much into physical contact (the cheek squishing. how are we friends) and i'm... not, I opened my arms uncertainly as if to say "uhh,, hug? is that a correct thing to do in this situation" and they grabbed me and without warning liFTED ME UP FROM THE GROUND, people several streets away probably heard my screams of "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS I HATE YOU I HATE YOU"

And at that moment blorptroll was born.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4001 on: June 13, 2015, 03:44:46 PM »
And at that moment blorptroll was born.
what, you thought I'd make a trollsona that wasn't based on myself?

anyway, I was hanging out with Kame today, a fellow czech/norwegian person that started reading SSSS because of me (hee hee), and she asked me to draw something SSSS in her "Wreck This Journal", so I did:

I absentmindedly drew a sweaterlalli as I am prone to do, and then asked her who her favourite character was. She answered (after making a lot of frustrated noises because it's nigh impossible to choose a fave) that Sigrun was her first fave because norwegian, but Emil and Lalli also became her faves after reading my high school au soooooooooooooooo
*hee hee'ing intensifies*

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #4002 on: June 13, 2015, 04:20:45 PM »
Haiz, ahhhh, sweaterLalli is so cute! (and catlike, still)
(also, great art!)

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4003 on: June 13, 2015, 04:29:18 PM »
Haiz, ahhhh, sweaterLalli is so cute! (and catlike, still)
(also, great art!)
thanks! Leeet's just say it's not the first time i draw sweaterlalli

edit: ........ my avatar is sweaterlalli i can't believe i forgot this fact
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 04:41:42 PM by Haiz »

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #4004 on: June 13, 2015, 04:33:59 PM »