Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484388 times)

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3825 on: June 07, 2015, 05:01:34 PM »
Continuing with my obsession with these guys hair, I did this... thing.

In my silly head canon, they spend part of their night in the Cattank doing each other's hair for the next day, like an everyday teenage-girl-slumber-party  ;D  I'll dig up my wacom to see if I can still paint in it or not.
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3826 on: June 07, 2015, 05:07:13 PM »

oh believe me, you are NOT the only one obsessed with their hair....... this drawing is very important to me. Sigrun in a most best-pajamas stuffing mikkel's - who is, by the way, twiddling thumbs like nbd - hair full of curlers...... reynir brushing tuuri's tiny hairpuff....... lalli in tHE SWEATER getting groomed by emil........ and "shtay shtill" ahahaha ha hahaha ha

oh, there are just too many great things in this, I would happily frame it and put it above my bed so I could look at it before going to bed every night.
you'll know where to find me.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #3827 on: June 07, 2015, 05:09:49 PM »

In my silly head canon, they spend part of their night in the Cattank doing each other's hair for the next day, like an everyday teenage-girl-slumber-party  ;D  I'll dig up my wacom to see if I can still paint in it or not.
OMGGGG  I don't even have words to explain how muh I love this <3333
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #3828 on: June 07, 2015, 05:20:42 PM »
Guys, here the fab Boulet made a great explanation on watercolors, you should check it out!

Hah, it's very in-depth and funny (I love Boulet!) but I wouldn't necessarily show this video to beginners. You don't need to know all this to get started with watercolours. The key points are at times 5:21 - 5:37, 10:00 - 10:31 and 14:11 - 14:21, (hint at those who want to spend only a minute on it).

Watercolour seems to have a reputation as a difficult medium and I think it's because most beginners use very bad materials.
Never use printer paper, get one that's thicker and more absorbent (it's gotta be able to take water without getting ruined). Also get a good small-ish brush with a pointy end like the one he uses in the video. That's all! If you have this you can work even with the cheapest watercolours and still get something decent-looking. Though, if you can afford it, get not-cheapest watercolours (they last a long time and are worth the money), and a large brush for backgrounds.
Other than that, just use your watercolours a lot, and you'll soon figure them out. It's not rocket science and it allows for countless different techniques (my way of painting is very different from Boulet's, but they both give pretty decent results - haha neat, I just positively compared myself to Boulet, way to go self. What an excellent time to shut up with my unsolicited advice.) 

Ah, I'd like to see the day Lalli achieves the self-assured calm wisdom Snufkin posesses :D Meanwhile, it's still a very pleasant drawing to look at. Does Emil get to be Moomintroll?

...there are no words. So wrong, yet so right. The only possible explanation. Every one of us will be reminded of this whenever we admire the team's hair. Thank you.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #3829 on: June 07, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »

Haha yesss this is hilarious!
I can't stop staring to Reynir and Tuuri hehe
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Antillanka

• Tumblr
« Reply #3830 on: June 07, 2015, 05:32:23 PM »
Hah, it's very in-depth and funny (I love Boulet!) but I wouldn't necessarily show this video to beginners. You don't need to know all this to get started with watercolours. The key points are at times 5:21 - 5:37, 10:00 - 10:31 and 14:11 - 14:21, (hint at those who want to spend only a minute on it).

...there are no words. So wrong, yet so right. The only possible explanation. Every one of us will be reminded of this whenever we admire the team's hair. Thank you.

You're right of course, but I thought "the way of the lil' drop" was very pertinent thing to have in mind when learning to use watercolors  ;)

And I'm so very sorry (no, I'm not), but I needed to get that image out of my head or I would've gone mad.
Iguana with issues

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #3831 on: June 07, 2015, 05:44:20 PM »
Antillanka: Well, I guess it is! I don't use that technique myself and never did focus specifically on that, but I can see how it might help people, especially beginners.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3832 on: June 07, 2015, 05:53:33 PM »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #3833 on: June 07, 2015, 07:22:29 PM »
Hi, everyone! I have been confused at how to post art for ages, but Huntra is helping me with it. Soooo, here is some Emil for you!

I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3834 on: June 07, 2015, 07:53:39 PM »
Lalli as Snufkin?!? How utterly sweet. And how easy to imagine. That's beautiful!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3835 on: June 07, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »
okay, I doodled this, trying something else..... it didn't turn out how I planned, but kind of okay.....

-TUMBLR-
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Tjoll

• genderqueer sugar addict
« Reply #3836 on: June 07, 2015, 08:46:15 PM »
I present to you: BERSERK SIGRUN \o/
Someone save those trolls from her I mean seriously...

note to self: if you value sleep, don't do another portrait ever again
:germany: :uk:
male pronouns, plz

Antillanka

• Tumblr
« Reply #3837 on: June 07, 2015, 09:58:40 PM »

I request a minute of silence in memory of all the innocent trolls that lost their lives to the unholy most best hunter. Seriously, if I ever met someone capable of making that face in a killing spree, i'd get aboard the nope-boat and sail to a lonely nope-island.
Iguana with issues

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3838 on: June 07, 2015, 10:55:19 PM »
Request #5 done: a happy smiling Lalli -

(as this emoji)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #3839 on: June 07, 2015, 11:06:43 PM »

note to self: if you value sleep, don't do another portrait ever again
HOW ARE YOU SUCH A GOOD ARTIST???
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.