Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484533 times)

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3570 on: May 28, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »
Meanwhile, I made a swamp Lalli to practice my watercolouring.

You did that with watercolours?!
That's it I am done with art for the rest of eternity, other people are too good.
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #3571 on: May 28, 2015, 07:24:18 PM »

OH.

MY.

GOODNESS.

GRACIOUS.

GRAVY.

HOLY.

GUACAMOLE.

HOW.   

These are gorgeous. All the art here is gorgeous. Everything is awesome. Everyone is awesome.

Also, Tjoll, Martti and RandomTexanReader, could you please take a look at this thread? Your art is wonderful and I would love to include it!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3572 on: May 28, 2015, 11:12:27 PM »
Oh wow there are too many awesome drawings and art. *dies then is lifted back into life but the amazingness of all of the art on the forum
I can't believe there are so many awesome artists in the Forum.

Spoiler: show
Okay I am currently trying to get better/more flexible with my art style so I am trying to draw a picture of each of the crew members. I have started lalli, almost finished Tuuri, and finished Emil. I think I will post them as I go so...

Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3573 on: May 28, 2015, 11:25:14 PM »
So now that exams are finally over *happy dance* I thought maybe I would share some of the notes I took during class.

Psychology notes from the week before the final:

History notes from the week before the final:

I have some more notes from other classes, although some are a bit lacking in detail and could use more flushing out ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:48:51 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3574 on: May 28, 2015, 11:29:43 PM »
So now that exams are finally over *happy dance* I thought maybe I would share some of the notes I took during class.

Psychology notes from the week before the final:

You have beautiful handwriting on that second page.  Have you studied calligraphy?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #3575 on: May 28, 2015, 11:55:00 PM »
It's done. Finally. Only Reynir but wow did his outfit take time!

Still Lalli to do and noticed some details that I forgot to add to Mikkel XP

EDIT : IOFDFDASGGAWSRGW I noticed I missed some things.... Tomorrow. Everything will be fine tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:59:04 PM by UFOO9000 »
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #3576 on: May 29, 2015, 02:28:40 AM »
Is anyone else having problems bringing the comic sit up tonight?

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3577 on: May 29, 2015, 03:09:42 AM »
Daéa Reina & kahli: thank you! :D

Tjoll: Thanks! I can try to tone down the sexiness? xD

frenci: Gosh, such cuteness overload :o

Feartheviolas: Nice work! Your handwriting is really pretty :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #3578 on: May 29, 2015, 03:19:43 AM »
Coming out of lurkerdom for a moment to post this quick sketch. I love Minna's dream beast, so instead of agonizing over wonky human character sketches and generally banging my head against a wall art-wise, I agonized over his fluffy coat (yes, a bit scruffier and fluffy than in the comic. Call it artistic license) and had fun with my new set of Micron pens.
I've been calling him Nyu, the Scruff-Pup. Not sure what the official fan title is, if everyone came up with one.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:32:20 AM by Peraphelion »
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3579 on: May 29, 2015, 03:22:37 AM »
Coming out of lurkerdom for a moment to post this quick sketch. I love Minna's dream beast, so instead of agonizing over wonky human character sketches and generally banging my head against a wall art-wise, I agonized over his fluffy coat (yes, a bit scruffier and fluffy than in the comic. Call it artistic license) and had fun with my new set of Micron pens.
I've been calling him Nyu, the Scruff-Pup. Not sure what the official fan title is, if everyone came up with one.

Wow, this is incredible :o The line work is so pretty I thought this was digital at first glance.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3580 on: May 29, 2015, 03:26:39 AM »

I think "Nyu" is an adorable name :D He looks so majestic; wonderful line work!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #3581 on: May 29, 2015, 03:29:45 AM »
Wow, this is incredible :o The line work is so pretty I thought this was digital at first glance.

That's a very nice thing to say. The more I look at it, the more I want to burn it to cinders. That darn fur...  :-\ *superselfcritical* I made myself post it because I thought you guys might enjoy some beast fan-art. So I'm glad you've enjoyed it. :) Mission accomplished.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:43:34 AM by Peraphelion »
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3582 on: May 29, 2015, 04:02:03 AM »
That's a very nice thing to say. The more I look at it, the more I want to burn it to cinders. That darn fur...  :-\ *superselfcritical* I made myself post it because I thought you guys might enjoy some beast fan-art. So I'm glad you've enjoyed it. :) Mission accomplished.
I know the feeling ^^ I'm happy you decided to post it! :D

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3583 on: May 29, 2015, 04:57:23 AM »

All hail notes art! Now to hope you'll keep drawing even though soon there'll probably be no notes to take!

I was looking at the selection of staves and realized they make a perfect sense if your plan is to break into a troll nest... first you slap the ægishjálmur on your forehead to look as non-fightable as possible and then go through the door with the lásabrjótur, use vegvísir to make sure you won't get lost inside the building and stick anything that moves with the sleep thorns/sleep staves.

It turned out super cute! And don't worry about the missing bits, I know I forget something every single time I attempt Reynir's dreamscape outfit... -.-

Good thing you came out of lurking because this is a really awesome Nyu. I love the linework too, and you drew the heart collar aaaaa my heart! :-*
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3584 on: May 29, 2015, 06:20:24 AM »
You have beautiful handwriting on that second page.  Have you studied calligraphy?

Thank you!
If by studied you mean bought a pen at the local art store and obsessively taught myself different forms of calligraphy over Christmas break a few years ago, then yes, I have studied it extensively. :P *is a bit too obsessed with old stuff*

It's not too hard to learn except I'm left handed and it is clearly not a thing that is made for left handed people, so I had to invent some of my own stroke patterns. Also smudging. The bane of my existence. 
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help