Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484095 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3525 on: May 27, 2015, 06:29:00 PM »
8)

We'd still like to see your take on it.

I'm... I'm doing all the Sigrusions now. I just finished Sikkel (wow that sounds like something that could be a cuss word please tell me it's not)
YEET

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3526 on: May 27, 2015, 06:29:59 PM »
(wow that sounds like something that could be a cuss word please tell me it's not)
it is the norwegian word for drool, if that makes you feel any better
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:22:10 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3527 on: May 27, 2015, 06:31:33 PM »
We'd still like to see your take on it.

Thirded. Make ALL the Sigrusions! Can't wait to see Sikkel. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3528 on: May 27, 2015, 06:32:53 PM »
Martti:
- you can modify your own posts and add a warning for partial nudity/possibly nsw if it makes you feel better

- the rule of thumb concerning blood/gore is as long as it's not worse than the comic itself, it should be fine. Also we have neato spoiler functions now, as Curry demonstrated earlier in this thread

thank you, I found it, I modified the post writing the warning and also thank you, I get it, I'll keep that in mind!
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3529 on: May 27, 2015, 07:29:39 PM »
I did it. Sigrun fused with all the humans and one cat

Here you can see Violent Cat, Ultimate Parent+Uncle Combo, Hacky Boom, 'finally i can go see a troll in person', and "GET ME OUT OF THIS BODY I HATE BEING HALF FOOD"
I think I'm probably going to draw more of these fusions later because this is REALLY FUN GUYS

Edit: Oops, I forgot to mention that that's me in the center being surrounded by a large quantity of Pretty People. I had an empty space and forgot that I wasn't doodling in my drawing notebook, so I drew myself, offering Very Constructive Commentary of course
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:35:55 PM by Curry »
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3530 on: May 27, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »
someone asked me to post it here, kind of only reason I joined first, since it is too mcuh for me to keep track with (but if I did I post more, lol)
even it is nsfw, it is kind of censored in the full version and also the pic I posted here is cut version, I should have write the warning to make people not click the link if they are too young?

also, then asking, posting pic with blood and such things are okay? because it is kind of adult rated stuffs too, but the comic has it, if there is young people here, they already saw some in the comic itself, to I am a bit confused about that part, I just can't get over the whole forum to get my answers, I have no time for all O_O I am sorry for chatting here but I dunno where else to answer to this then.

I will be careful with the arts when I post any in the future

Hey, I'm sorry if my previous comment sounded like a rebuke.  It wasn't meant to be.  *Your* postings were fine.   :)  I just wanted to use them as examples of where and how we draw the line, in case someone else sees what you shared with us, gets the wrong impression, and goes buck wild.   :o 

Given that your sauna picture doesn't show any "naughty bits" and is in a very traditional, respectable setting (like Japanese mixed bathing in hot tubs), I didn't think it needed a nudity warning.  Honi soit qui mal y pense.  But it was probably wise of you to add one, just in case.  (And some of our members may appreciate the handy guidepost to the good stuff... ;) )

As far as blood and injuries, we generally use the comic itself as a yardstick.  Curry's pictures and use of spoilers, here, are an excellent example.

I hope you won't feel discouraged by the reaction to your first posts.  I didn't explain why I came swooping in like that, but I'm the Forum-Skald (content moderator and assistant Admin).  Lately, I've gotten more active in laying out content guidelines as our Forum membership keeps growing and we've started handling more adult and/or politically sensitive topics. 

I do hope you'll stick around and keep sharing your artwork -- as well as jump into any discussions that look interesting.  We're a friendly and inclusive group here.

BTW, I notice you posted on the Introduction Thread.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:57:53 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Tjoll

• genderqueer sugar addict
« Reply #3531 on: May 27, 2015, 07:54:45 PM »
Curry: WHAT ARE YOU DOING I CAN'T DEAL WITH ALL THE AWESOMENESS HOW CAN ONE EVEN DRAW THAT FAST?!?!? OO
Also, I really hope your brother gets better soon! =[ I wish him all the best!

Haiz: Hey, why don't you jump right in and make me grin even more like an idiot-- oh, wait -___- [=it looks fantastic, I love it]

Martti Hello there! These are indeed impressive; I especially like the "Lalli hissing at water" one!! Really nice coloring (okay, everything is nice, but, you know) =)

Okay. About the comic thing I started. I lied. It's going to be even longer than 3 pages, for this IS the page 3 sketch and as you can see, I'm not done at all /o\

page 1:
Spoiler: show

page 2:

Also, I'd like to thank everyone who gave the comic a look and commented on it! I'm overwhelmed by your positive reactions! On top of that, I never drew so much in such quick succession--I'm awfully slow with my own characters because they have to be *perfect*, but THIS, this is so much better, it's so nice and easy and yeah... just thanks for having inspired me. <3
And now: beeeeeeed D:
:germany: :uk:
male pronouns, plz

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3532 on: May 27, 2015, 08:02:18 PM »
Curry: WHAT ARE YOU DOING I CAN'T DEAL WITH ALL THE AWESOMENESS HOW CAN ONE EVEN DRAW THAT FAST?!?!? OO
Also, I really hope your brother gets better soon! =[ I wish him all the best!

Okay. About the comic thing I started. I lied. It's going to be even longer than 3 pages, for this IS the page 3 sketch and as you can see, I'm not done at all /o\

page 1:

page 2:

Also, I'd like to thank everyone who gave the comic a look and commented on it! I'm overwhelmed by your positive reactions! On top of that, I never drew so much in such quick succession--I'm awfully slow with my own characters because they have to be *perfect*, but THIS, this is so much better, it's so nice and easy and yeah... just thanks for having inspired me. <3
And now: beeeeeeed D:

This is absolutely lovely and I'm grinning really widely right now. Too in character for me to handle.
Also, thank you so much! This won't be a regular thing, I'm just... -5 self restraint today :I
YEET

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3533 on: May 27, 2015, 08:02:47 PM »
I did it. Sigrun fused with all the humans and one cat

Here you can see Violent Cat, Ultimate Parent+Uncle Combo, Hacky Boom, 'finally i can go see a troll in person', and "GET ME OUT OF THIS BODY I HATE BEING HALF FOOD"
I think I'm probably going to draw more of these fusions later because this is REALLY FUN GUYS

Edit: Oops, I forgot to mention that that's me in the center being surrounded by a large quantity of Pretty People. I had an empty space and forgot that I wasn't doodling in my drawing notebook, so I drew myself, offering Very Constructive Commentary of course

Hot damn!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #3534 on: May 27, 2015, 08:08:41 PM »
Hey, I'm sorry if my previous comment sounded like a rebuke.  It wasn't meant to be.  *Your* postings were fine.   :)  I just wanted to use them as examples of where and how we draw the line, in case someone else sees what you shared with us, gets the wrong impression, and goes buck wild.   :o 

Given that your sauna picture doesn't show any "naughty bits" and is in a very traditional, respectable setting (like Japanese mixed bathing in hot tubs), I didn't think it needed a nudity warning.  Honi soit qui mal y pense.  But it was probably wise of you to add one, just in case.  (And some of our members may appreciate the handy guidepost to the good stuff... ;) )

As far as blood and injuries, we generally use the comic itself as a yardstick.  Curry's pictures and use of spoilers, here, are an excellent example.

I hope you won't feel discouraged by the reaction to your first posts.  I didn't explain why I came swooping in like that, but I'm the Forum-Skald (content moderator and assistant Admin).  Lately, I've gotten more active in laying out content guidelines as our Forum membership keeps growing and we've started handling more adult and/or politically sensitive topics. 

I do hope you'll stick around and keep sharing your artwork -- as well as jump into any discussions that look interesting.  We're a friendly and inclusive group here.

BTW, I notice you posted on the Introduction Thread.  Thanks!

okay, I get it, if I doodle anything, I will post, if I don't forget it. forum is a bit confusing for me yet, too much, and easy to get lost and such things. but yeah.

Martti Hello there! These are indeed impressive; I especially like the "Lalli hissing at water" one!! Really nice coloring (okay, everything is nice, but, you know) =)

well, I love drawing bgs and skys (even I fail) so it was pretty cool, and come on, it was one of my best joke, I had to draw it, I wish I had more ideas... or someone gives ideas which I could try to draw, I totally would do. (but I can't take requests, since if I am not inspired, I can't draw.)
still I am open for ideas which I could draw maybe for ssss, I want to be a bit more productive here as well as artist (if I can call myself artist, probably I should not)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Tjoll

• genderqueer sugar addict
« Reply #3535 on: May 27, 2015, 08:14:47 PM »
well, I love drawing bgs and skys (even I fail) so it was pretty cool, and come on, it was one of my best joke, I had to draw it, I wish I had more ideas... or someone gives ideas which I could try to draw, I totally would do. (but I can't take requests, since if I am not inspired, I can't draw.)
still I am open for ideas which I could draw maybe for ssss, I want to be a bit more productive here as well as artist (if I can call myself artist, probably I should not)

Okay, first of all: yes, you are an artist. Level of professionality doesn't determine whether you're an artist or not. The only thing that matters is that you DO CREATE ART [which you do], hence you're an artist!

As for inspiration: FEAR NOT, you'll find an abundance of prompts here! So did I! :D
:germany: :uk:
male pronouns, plz

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3536 on: May 27, 2015, 08:15:48 PM »
Okay, first of all: yes, you are an artist. Level of professionality doesn't have anything to do with whether you're an artist or not. The only thing that matter is that you DO CREATE ART, hence you're an artist!

As for inspiration: FEAR NOT, you'll find an abundance of prompts here! So did I! :D

All of this is true! Especially the abundance of prompts. You guys are going to eat up all my free time because now I want to make fusions of everyone and I should be studying right now
YEET

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #3537 on: May 27, 2015, 08:22:35 PM »
Okay, first of all: yes, you are an artist. Level of professionality doesn't determine whether you're an artist or not. The only thing that matters is that you DO CREATE ART [which you do], hence you're an artist!

I basically fail at art, but you don't see... hidden horrible huge mistakes, i am good with them.....

but I wonder how I supposed to get any inspiration?, since I have no time to read all of the treads and comments, even which tread or anything, all I have recently to do streams more often, but my friends who came to my streams mostly has no idea what ssss so they are not helping much, how I could even share it with anyone here if I want to do one for ssss? or not, never mind I jsut post results here.
but still dunno how to get any idea
today's stream was about two ideas I got from other ssss fans in chat, when I was so bored, I chatted there was too much, which I won't be able to do every time. so I wonder how.
maybe we should not talk about this here. but where else then? I have no idea what I can or can't do any where on this forum, i am sorry.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #3538 on: May 27, 2015, 08:29:15 PM »
I had a thought on Disqus a little while ago:

Hockey player Onni.

That is all.

So, Sunflower, bit of a funny story. I saw this just before I got on the bus, so I was on the bus and couldn't stop thinking of Hockey player Onni. And I had paper and pencil. So I started drawing... and then realized I don't know what a hockey mask looks like. But I really really liked your idea and wanted to draw Onni. So anyhow, now this is a thing that exists:

I am hopelessly provincial. Football player Onni. He's not too fast, but he's solid.
And forever not over Lalli being bodily picked up when he's throwing a tantrum.

Also, I was thinking about yesterday's page... is Onni asleep standing up? What, is he just napping leaning against a wall in Keuruu or something? In which case, what does it look like to the other soldiers? Does he glow in real life too?

Last drawing for now, I promise.
I will have a happy Onni if I have to draw it myself.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3539 on: May 27, 2015, 08:42:01 PM »
but I wonder how I supposed to get any inspiration?, since I have no time to read all of the treads and comments, even which tread or anything, all I have recently to do streams more often, but my friends who came to my streams mostly has no idea what ssss so they are not helping much, how I could even share it with anyone here if I want to do one for ssss? or not, never mind I jsut post results here.
but still dunno how to get any idea

maybe we should not talk about this here. but where else then? I have no idea what I can or can't do anywhere on this forum, i am sorry.

Questions are always OK.  This Forum is meant to be an open and supportive place where we welcome newcomers. 

If you don't feel like posting your question/concern publicly, you can always PM people.  I'm happy to take questions (though my timezone, in the Western U.S., may not overlap yours much). 

And if you want art suggestions... oh, boy, where to start?

Derpy votebait suggestions (especially *ahem* the team in yoga class)
Scenes We'd Like to See (mostly comic)
SSSS Family Headcanon
Self-Inserts

And much, much more! 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: