Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483792 times)

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3435 on: May 24, 2015, 04:14:20 AM »
Ok this is the first drawing that I have worked on in about a year. This is just a thumbnail to get the major points of the scene worked out but this is Reynir as The Fool card from the Major Arcana. I am not happy with the cat. Must look at Minna's cats and some of your cats and do better.

By the way how do you do that Hide/Show thing? I know it looks huge but is about the actual size of a Tarot card. Do you think I should make the walking staff a shepherd's crook?
Nice composition! Are you planning a Major Arcana set based on the comic? That would be super ambitious but potentially awesome. I don't know about the shepherd's crook. In the best tarot decks, almost all the details that appear on cards have their own symbolism. You should look into what shepherds symbolize and see if that fits the Fool.
Or alternatively you could say you dont care as much about making every single detail symbolic, just have a recognizable Fool card, and be faithful to the character instead. That's valid too.

You do the hide/show thing with the spoiler tag. To get this:
Spoiler: show
Hidden!

type this:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]Hidden![/spoiler]
Also, if you want images to show up smaller, you can choose their height and/or width like this:
Code: [Select]
[IMG height=200]http://i59.tinypic.com/2h3budg.jpg[/img] -
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:27:54 AM by anonion »

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3436 on: May 24, 2015, 04:42:50 AM »
Btw do we keep all the card related art here or should we use the Tarot thread for these?

This looks really, really good! I love how you kept the rich, central symbolism of The Fool but turned it into a SSSS verse - I especially like the cat instead of the dog and I love the feeling of happy naivete in this picture that's coupled with immediate danger... It's also a bit hilarious that there really doesn't seem to be anyone else in the comic that would better fit the role of The Fool than Reynir.  :D

Taking on the whole Major Arcana is quite a bit of work so I understand if you don't want to, but I'll pretty much worship you for every new piece you make.  :-*
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3437 on: May 24, 2015, 04:59:04 AM »
Ok this is the first drawing that I have worked on in about a year. This is just a thumbnail to get the major points of the scene worked out but this is Reynir as The Fool card from the Major Arcana. I am not happy with the cat. Must look at Minna's cats and some of your cats and do better.

ooooooooooooh I like it a lot!!! Pleaseplease post it in the tarot thread Laufey linked to!!

and to the surprise of no one, i drew my lovely sunshine murder wife

never stop drowing your lovely sunshine murder wife
you'll know where to find me.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #3438 on: May 24, 2015, 05:06:50 AM »
I keep on laughing at the newest page because I cannot unsee this:

(Also does anyone know of a good, cheap animation program for Windows? Because what I have now is trash. I have to record the animation as a gif to save it in a viewable format, and frames keep on getting dropped.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:08:37 AM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3439 on: May 24, 2015, 05:10:20 AM »
RandomTexanReader: ...that's... actually yes, that's what should happen. *mind blow moment* He did just step to the very edge of his raft thing to deliver the SUHHH. Headcanon accepted, accepted again and accepted a third time, SOLD.

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #3440 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:34 AM »

(Also does anyone know of a good, cheap animation program for Windows? Because what I have now is trash. I have to record the animation as a gif to save it in a viewable format, and frames keep on getting dropped.)

One word:
Hilarious.
I love animations like this a Lot oml.
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3441 on: May 24, 2015, 07:01:19 AM »
Oh gosh, this is so precious! If we ever get to see Lalli this happy I will be crying of joy!
Good luck with your exams :)
SAME
And thank you :3

@sigrid marie, oh my god, your art is goals ;________; that sigrun is ethereal and that lalli is sO SMILEY AND CUTE AAAA
THANK YOU
And your Sigrun is beautiful oh my gosh, I love your art style

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3442 on: May 24, 2015, 08:11:02 AM »

It looks really nice! :)

SO pretty!! :D

This is totally what happened xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3443 on: May 24, 2015, 04:37:12 PM »

This is really beautiful! I can't wait to see it finished! :)

@sigrid marie, oh my god, your art is goals ;________; that sigrun is ethereal and that lalli is sO SMILEY AND CUTE AAAA

I love the colors in your drawings! And pretty Sigrun is pretty.

This would only make Lalli more cranky. And the probability of a dreamworld murder would rise.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3444 on: May 24, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »

Such flawless lineart, such artistic colouring. It actually reminds me a bit of the art style of the Persona games.

I like it and the choice of The Fool for Reynir. Do you plan on inking/colouring it?

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3445 on: May 24, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »
I have so many regrets today, I might as well sketch some Femmils.......

i blame curry for this
you'll know where to find me.

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #3446 on: May 24, 2015, 07:11:58 PM »
....I might as well sketch some Femmils.......
i blame curry for this

YAY for Curry and Femmils!

MOST BEST!
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3447 on: May 24, 2015, 07:24:43 PM »
I have so many regrets today, I might as well sketch some Femmils.......

i blame curry for this

I gotta send Curry a thank you card. Femmil is a) strangely wayyy more competent-looking that Emil and b) one of the best things that has happened to this fandom.  :-*

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3448 on: May 24, 2015, 08:09:49 PM »
Ahhh I am gone for a day and suddenly BEAUTIFUL THINGS?? I love this fandom so much you guys are all perfect

KMK that looks great!! :D I kind of want to make a couple of the tarot cards as well, so if you don't mind overlap that's great, but just PM me if you have any preferences :0

callipygous I AM YELLING THIS IS PERFECT
WHAT A LOVELY DRAW?? I WILL NEVER GET OVER YOUR ART, EVER, IT'S SO CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL AND HHHHH yesssssssss

RandomTexasReader that looks really good, but I'm sorry about your predicament ): I actually used the flipnote hatena program on my DS/3DS (haha that's what the Sigrun is made with) for years and I use photoshop for the foncier ones, but that's ridiculously expensive? I'm sorry that I don't have anything constructive to help with D:

Haiz I have NO REGRETS and I am VERY GLAD THAT I CAUSED THIS BECAUSE ALL THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL AND GOSH DANG, SO PRETTY, THIS MAKES ME WANT TO DO FEMMIL MORE OFTEN.....

NOW FOR MY OWN ART!! I had a really, really long car ride today and I ended up getting so bored that I tried a bit of an animation on the 3DS again and wow I am never doing that again. What an awful program. I liked the original one so much better ;_;

It's Sigrun because I love Sigrun and I have very poor self-control okay
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3449 on: May 24, 2015, 08:37:18 PM »
I encourage those of you doing tarot or card-themed art to post your work in that specific thread, if you don't mind.  That way, it'll be easy for others to find (and squee over!).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:13:46 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: