Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484087 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3375 on: May 21, 2015, 01:11:38 PM »
Here you go. More merMikkel.

Majestic porpoise/beluga Mikkel is majestic.

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #3376 on: May 21, 2015, 01:12:41 PM »
Majestic porpoise/beluga Mikkel is majestic.
You have discovered the true porpoise of the Mermikkel trend!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3377 on: May 21, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »
You have discovered the true porpoise of the Mermikkel trend!

As it turns out another word for porpoise in the English language is mereswine.
Not sure if that's appropriate or highly inappropriate for Mikkel.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3378 on: May 21, 2015, 01:39:57 PM »
Ughhhhhh. I'm not drawing my Sucide Squad AU Sigrun with a ten-foot pole until I figure out how her uniform looks. Hint: Its very different and much the same.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #3379 on: May 21, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »
Here you go. More merMikkel.

THIS IS PERFECT. HOW DID YOU MAKE IT PERFECT LIKE THIS.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3380 on: May 21, 2015, 04:03:05 PM »
Heheh, thank you to the people who said nice things about my picture ^_^ I'm glad you got a few laughs out of it!

Now more importantly!:

Haiz, RandomTexanReader and Daéa Reina - Lallimom and Lallidad are so awesome and I'm holding onto the designs as solid head cannon until something completely bludgeons it away! I like the looks and the character of them very much ^_^

Sumeri - Tuuri needs more love! Good thing that her hair gets the Sumeri treatment at long last, and tribal headwear to boot! Tis quite cool :)

Reynir cat hoodie people (Haiz and anonion) - You killed me. Perfection and adorableness overdose. It's quite a danger on this thread to be honest!

Oh Deer - Lalli shopping - this is exactly what would happen, yup yup, that's definitely Lalli there!

AquaAurion - SSSS invades all corners of your life and thank you for sharing the results with us :P Emil's expression makes me happy, as do the sparkles ^_^ you captured his face spot on

Tjoll - You are a wonderful person THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS SIGRUN FACE! Also enthusiastic Tuuri and poor Emil squish face, there's so much energy in this :D

starfallz - Wah, this is really good! So realistic both in body and underwater feeling, I'm mega impressed!

KicknRun - I don't recognise Suicide Squad, but you're getting much better at doing dynamic poses, it has a good feeling of movement!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3381 on: May 21, 2015, 04:37:59 PM »
Now I present to you: The Adventures of Lallimama and Lallipapa, part 1.

Maybe a little bit of Lalli's narcolepsy is hereditary?

So cute!
Which one do you picture as being related to Onni and Tuuri's parents?  Traditionally, family last names get passed down through the father as the default -- which would imply that Tuuri's and Lalli's fathers were siblings, and the sons/grandsons of a male descendent of the prologue characters.  But who knows how things might work in the Known World Y91. 

We discussed this extensively in the forum's early days, but for those who aren't sick of this area of speculation:
Our Finns' prologue ancestors included two Hotakainen sisters and a brother.  The brother, Eino, is married to Tuuli Hollola, and their son Veeti has their mother's last name.  Veeti is presumably the ancestor of Taru Hollola.  (Unless Eino and Tuuli have other children later.)
One sister, Kaino, is single.  If she has children post-Y0, we don't know how they're related to our Y91 characters.   
The pregnant sister, Aino, is married to Saku Hotakainen, who either took her last name or happened to have the same last name.  Her baby -- gender unknown -- will presumably give rise to Tuuri, Onni, and Lalli's Hotakainen parents. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #3382 on: May 21, 2015, 04:53:54 PM »
So cute!
Which one do you picture as being related to Onni and Tuuri's parents?  Traditionally, family last names get passed down through the father as the default -- which would imply that Tuuri's and Lalli's fathers were siblings, and the sons/grandsons of a male descendent of the prologue characters.  But who knows how things might work in the Known World Y91. 

We discussed this extensively in the forum's early days, but for those who aren't sick of this area of speculation:
Our Finns' prologue ancestors included two Hotakainen sisters and a brother.  The brother, Eino, is married to Tuuli Hollola, and their son Veeti has their mother's last name.  Veeti is presumably the ancestor of Taru Hollola.  (Unless Eino and Tuuli have other children later.)
One sister, Kaino, is single.  If she has children post-Y0, we don't know how they're related to our Y91 characters.   
The pregnant sister, Aino, is married to Saku Hotakainen, who either took her last name or happened to have the same last name.  Her baby -- gender unknown -- will presumably give rise to Tuuri, Onni, and Lalli's Hotakainen parents.

Just my two bits: I've been thinking that Lallimama is the Hotakainen (nausea) and her sister is/was Tuuri and Onni's mother. They're an odd family, so they pass the name on down maternally. Yea? Nay?
(I am also clutching desperately to the belief that the Hotaikenen parents are still alive. Onni just went to Keuruu when he was old enough (16) because it was safer and Tuuri and Lalli stowed along and Onni wasn't about to send them all the dangerous way back home. See? No more tragedy! *buries self deeper in denial*)
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3383 on: May 21, 2015, 05:01:33 PM »
Just my two bits: I've been thinking that Lallimama is the Hotakainen (nausea) and her sister is/was Tuuri and Onni's mother. They're an odd family, so they pass the name on down maternally. Yea? Nay?

Getting your mum's surname is actually becoming more and more common in Finland, judging by how my friends' children are named. I vote it's totally believable! :)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3384 on: May 21, 2015, 05:08:02 PM »
So cute!

This is one thing that did catch my attention when I was reading the prologue (and that confused me for a while). But given what we know, and after reading a few comments written by finnish readers, I think it is plausible that Saku took his wife's surname. So I think Lalli's mom is a Hotakainen and her husband took her surname, just like their ancestors in Y0. :)

(I am also clutching desperately to the belief that the Hotaikenen parents are still alive. Onni just went to Keuruu when he was old enough (16) because it was safer and Tuuri and Lalli stowed along and Onni wasn't about to send them all the dangerous way back home. See? No more tragedy! *buries self deeper in denial*)

In my headcanon, Lallimama has a brother, not a sister. Maybe we should vote. :P
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3385 on: May 21, 2015, 06:19:28 PM »
I got a really great art request on tumblr and normally I wouldn't post it here since it's literally just a bunch of doodles, but I also haven't posted any draws here in quite a while and that is Unacceptable!

the request:
So is requests like commissions or is it free if it’s free maybe I can get some kinda Reynir and Tuuri manning like turrets in the cattank or maybe just some Emil-please-put-down-the-flamethrower kinda stuff idk.

what a great request i love these
Life advice: never crosshatch anything. You will get halfway done and want to end yourself.
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3386 on: May 21, 2015, 06:22:19 PM »
Life advice: never crosshatch anything. You will get halfway done and want to end yourself.

But it looks so neat and good!

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #3387 on: May 21, 2015, 06:32:57 PM »

HA HA HA HA..... http://starfally.tumblr.com/post/106797816061/hoping-for-a-year-of-peace-happy-new-year
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #3388 on: May 21, 2015, 07:04:20 PM »

HA HA HA... actually hatching is kind of fun, stippling though...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3389 on: May 21, 2015, 07:07:28 PM »
Ughhhhhh. I'm not drawing my Sucide Squad AU Sigrun with a ten-foot pole until I figure out how her uniform looks. Hint: Its very different and much the same.

I like the pose! Well done! :)

It looks really good!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."