Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483952 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3360 on: May 21, 2015, 09:44:47 AM »
So I had this idea:
As you can see, I started to do the thing:

Sigrun=best troll impersonator ever

THIS IS AN OBJECT OF PURE BEAUTY I LOVE IT
YEET

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #3361 on: May 21, 2015, 10:00:28 AM »
Okay.

That weird moment when you realise most fanart youdrew features your least favourite character o_O

Edit: Also I wanted to say sorry about being so hit-and-run about this thread lately. I do look at all your awesome art and am grateful for the feedback I receive on my own. Keep being excellent everyone! I hope I'll have more time to comment soon.

edit: my resolve lasted for about 2 minutes

Aaaa thank you guys so much :D
I was starting to think it was a weird request and that I killed the thread and then I wake up and THIS AMAZING THING HAPPENS.
Thankyouthankyouthankyou~~
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #3362 on: May 21, 2015, 10:16:07 AM »

Wow, much dynamic, very composition! Can't wait to see this finished. Emil looks very much like himself, which makes me happy. Is Mikkel going to be there too?

I was starting to think it was a weird request and that I killed the thread
Yes, much like killing a fire with a bundle of very dry sticks. Try hitting it harder ;)

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3363 on: May 21, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »
Haiz: I take that is a positive reaction? ^w^

Curry: Thank you :) I'm glad you like my style, I find it messy and inconsistent xD

Daéa Reina: Thanks :D Hahah, that must be it ^^

RealRedCloudYT: Actually all my classes are in Japanese ^^ thank you!

So I had this idea:

HAhaha, oh this is brilliant =,D Poor Emil though xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3364 on: May 21, 2015, 10:58:47 AM »

good. very good. yes. good

Aaaa thank you guys so much :D
I was starting to think it was a weird request and that I killed the thread and then I wake up and THIS AMAZING THING HAPPENS.
ah yes, requesting reynir in a cute hoodie is weird........ me drawing him as a submarine was perfectly rational. But you are indeed welcome ^_________^

Haiz: I take that is a positive reaction? ^w^
ha, yes. words are hard sometimes, and my main emotions are !!!!!!!!! and long rows of question marks i can't do without causing smileys to happen, and !!! is positive 99% of the time. if it's related to art, then 101%
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3365 on: May 21, 2015, 11:00:15 AM »
So I had this idea:

The troll she is impersonating must like heavy metal or something. XD
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3366 on: May 21, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »
ha, yes. words are hard sometimes, and my main emotions are !!!!!!!!! and long rows of question marks i can't do without causing smileys to happen, and !!! is positive 99% of the time. if it's related to art, then 101%
Hahah, that's good to know! \(^w^)/

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #3367 on: May 21, 2015, 11:53:04 AM »
So I had this idea:

YES!!! I didn't realized how incomplete my life was without Sigrun impersonating trolls until this moment. I especially love how poor Emil is getting smacked in the face by his lovely over-exuberant captain, and Lalli's little one eye open.
Headcanon that Sigrun tells a ton of really exciting war stories (which she reinacts) and is accepted as the best storyteller of the group... until Mikkel tells a ghost story. Not even Sigrun can sleep after that.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:03:43 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3368 on: May 21, 2015, 12:11:57 PM »
Here you go. More merMikkel.

Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3369 on: May 21, 2015, 12:16:06 PM »

This is awesome!!

But you really scared me... I saw this first on tumblr, and I didn't see the tail before I scrolled down so I was half-panicking "WHAT NAKED MIKKEL NO!", and then I scrolled down and "whew, thank heavens :'D".
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #3370 on: May 21, 2015, 12:23:35 PM »

Yeeessssss.
I'm actually curious, from an artistic standpoint - what did you use for the tail? Like, is it a dolphin/whale, because it looks appropriately hefty/bulky for Mikkel which I really like.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3371 on: May 21, 2015, 12:45:55 PM »
Yeeessssss.
I'm actually curious, from an artistic standpoint - what did you use for the tail? Like, is it a dolphin/whale, because it looks appropriately hefty/bulky for Mikkel which I really like.

I'm interested too! For mine (spoiler alert, I'm doing a mermaid squad) I'm using a goliath grouper, ehe. They're really big and super cool to see in person :0 I think their coloring is kind of pretty and it's not too flashy either so it would fit Mikkel's personality! Emil of course is getting the BRIGHTEST, MOST FLUORESCENT COLORS THAT LITERALLY SHINE
YEET

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3372 on: May 21, 2015, 12:49:06 PM »
Yeeessssss.

Oh, mostly because I think the mammalian way of propulsions works better with human anatomy. (Tail goes up and down instead of side-to-side like fishes.)
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Tjoll

• genderqueer sugar addict
« Reply #3373 on: May 21, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »
Wow, much dynamic, very composition! Can't wait to see this finished. Emil looks very much like himself, which makes me happy. Is Mikkel going to be there too?

Yes! I hadn't time to draw them yet, but Mikkel and Reynir make an appearance on the left background area.  They'll sort books--or not, because they're occupied looking unimpressed (Mikkel) and horrified (Reynir). :D

YES!!! I didn't realized how incomplete my life was without Sigrun impersonating trolls until this moment. I especially love how poor Emil is getting smacked in the face by his lovely over-exuberant captain, and Lalli's little one eye open.
Headcanon that Sigrun tells a ton of really exciting war stories (which she reinacts) and is accepted as the best storyteller of the group... until Mikkel tells a ghost story. Not even Sigrun can sleep after that.

Haha, thanks! Also, I hereby accept your headcanon. Gladly. <3 This should be a thing happening in the actual comic. I can already see it in my mind's eye: Mikkel the paragon of calm and dignity, talking in front of a campfire, eyes closed for better concentration and even more dignity, while all the others pile together at the opposite side of the fire, screaming internally. :D
Nrrrjjgggg... must...resist...drawinggggg.... XD

Wooooow, SO MAJESTIC!!! *_____* I love it!!
:germany: :uk:
male pronouns, plz

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #3374 on: May 21, 2015, 12:57:33 PM »

Haha, thanks! Also, I hereby accept your headcanon. Gladly. <3 This should be a thing happening in the actual comic. I can already see it in my mind's eye: Mikkel the paragon of calm and dignity, talking in front of a campfire, eyes closed for better concentration and even more dignity, while all the others pile together at the opposite side of the fire, screaming internally. :D
Nrrrjjgggg... must...resist...drawinggggg.... XD

NO! DO NOT RESIST! YIELD! YIEEEEELDDDD!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:25:00 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.