Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484290 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3330 on: May 20, 2015, 06:07:12 PM »
ha, maybe we're gonna need an IKEA thread.

"Hey, so I heard you're writing an architecture analysis on some norwegian glacier museum, how's that going?"

"just fine, why?"

"haiz you have a problem"
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3331 on: May 20, 2015, 06:11:10 PM »
Hah, I hope that's a good thing! I think it's the very impractical colouring method that involves painting over pencil sketches on the same frickin layer using watercolour and pen tools thing maybe

You're hella brave, dude.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3332 on: May 20, 2015, 06:20:18 PM »
You're hella brave, dude.
if you can't do something in an overly complicated manner when there are several much more convenient ways to do the same thing, is it really worth doing
- ancient haiz proverb
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:26:09 PM by Haiz »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3333 on: May 20, 2015, 07:03:14 PM »

"Hey, so I heard you're writing an architecture analysis on some norwegian glacier museum, how's that going?"

"just fine, why?"

Typical Sigrun. Why find a vantage point by climbing the stairs when you can climb a roof without footholds.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3334 on: May 20, 2015, 07:13:24 PM »
Hah, I hope that's a good thing! I think it's the very impractical colouring method that involves painting over pencil sketches on the same frickin layer using watercolour and pen tools thing maybe

Maybe that's what it is! It is a good thing, you have a personal coloring style that is easily identified. :)

Thank you all for the information about IKEA. I'll make sure to visit one when I get to travel to the US or Europe, even if it's just to eat some meatballs.

"just fine, why?"

Please, make this a thing where you take real photos and put the characters where they shouldn't be? (sorry, I'm not helping you and your problem)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #3335 on: May 20, 2015, 07:26:35 PM »
An au in which Tuuri the tribal maiden(?? ????? ?????) takes after his brother in disdainful expressions a lot more than she'd like

okay so I happened to see pretty pics of weird headdresses and then this just came into being

I dON'T KNOW ? ???? honestly

? ?? ?

Also I think I made the hair too poofy? Or too long at the sides or smth because this ended up not looking as much like Tuuri as I would've hoped? Yeah it's probably the hair, I think the sides should be shorter

In any case, I think I'll just fix her up later, and do the lines and stuff properly. Sleep is calling my name so here, have a reeaally quick and messy thing I made that at least is SUPPOSED to be a Tuuri:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:30:44 PM by Sumeri »
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3336 on: May 20, 2015, 07:30:14 PM »
Ooh, Sumeri, that's really pretty. <3
And Lallidad! eeeeeeeeeee
I drew a Lallimom and Tinylalli to-day in calc, but then I tried to add Lallidad and I had made the poor choice of drawing in pen and his anatomy was just all wrong. I guess I could post it, but ... it's really un-finished because I gave up on Lallidad after drawing his torso, even though everything else is drawn-ish
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3337 on: May 20, 2015, 07:45:28 PM »
An au in which Tuuri the tribal maiden(?? ????? ?????) takes after his brother in disdainful expressions a lot more than she'd like

okay so I happened to see pretty pics of weird headdresses and then this just came into being

I dON'T KNOW ? ???? honestly

? ?? ?

Also I think I made the hair too poofy? Or too long at the sides or smth because this ended up not looking as much like Tuuri as I would've hoped? Yeah it's probably the hair, I think the sides should be shorter

In any case, I think I'll just fix her up later, and do the lines and stuff properly. Sleep is calling my name so here, have a reeaally quick and messy thing I made that at least is SUPPOSED to be a Tuuri:

Oh wow!! She looks really fierce! It's beautiful. :)

Ooh, Sumeri, that's really pretty. <3
And Lallidad! eeeeeeeeeee
I drew a Lallimom and Tinylalli to-day in calc, but then I tried to add Lallidad and I had made the poor choice of drawing in pen and his anatomy was just all wrong. I guess I could post it, but ... it's really un-finished because I gave up on Lallidad after drawing his torso, even though everything else is drawn-ish

Well, my Lallipapa is not that well drawn either, and he is sitting in a shape-shifting sofa, and my sketches are really lacking in anatomy terms. I think the goal here is to have fun with our crazy ideas and not to post some masterpiece? But do as you feel comfortable. I just reaaaally want to see the way you imagined Lallipapa. :)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #3338 on: May 20, 2015, 07:48:05 PM »
Now I present to you: The Adventures of Lallimama and Lallipapa, part 1.

Maybe a little bit of Lalli's narcolepsy is hereditary?
THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THEY'RE SO CUUUUUUUUUTE
Just everything about it... the little gestures and expressions of Lallipapa are perfect and that little half-smile and eyeroll at the end and Lallimama waving her hand at him and aaaaaa I have the hugest stupidest grin on my face right now and my whole week just got so much better.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:51:35 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #3339 on: May 20, 2015, 07:55:28 PM »
Shopping with Lalli. Yes, he's wearing a 40% off turtleneck
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #3340 on: May 20, 2015, 08:20:45 PM »
Ahhhh I love Lalli's parents! Watch out, you're making me want to write about them XD

Also, dear forum artists, I feel like you might find this useful: http://laughingsquid.com/the-mewgaroo-hoodie-a-cozy-sweatshirt-with-a-cat-sized-pouch-so-kitties-can-snuggle-inside/

AKA please draw Reynir wearing one of these? with a DerpKitty inside? Pretty please? :3
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

scottishnottish

• chaotic good mountain dwarf
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3341 on: May 20, 2015, 11:01:44 PM »
if you can't do something in an overly complicated manner when there are several much more convenient ways to do the same thing, is it really worth doing
- ancient haiz proverb

Excuse me but your ancient proverb is almost exactly like my life motto. One of us in going to have to change or else we'll both end up with the same senior quote in the SSSS yearbook and that will just be awkward.

Kat

• Super-Newbie
  • Mrow
« Reply #3342 on: May 21, 2015, 02:50:42 AM »
You guys are all so talented. I haven't drawn in ages, but seeing all of these really makes me want to pick it up again.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3343 on: May 21, 2015, 03:05:40 AM »
Typical Sigrun. Why find a vantage point by climbing the stairs when you can climb a roof without footholds.
I imagine her actually climbing the stairs first, but then seeing that glorious roof that just begs to be climbed upon, footholds be damned. Lalli doesn't know what's going on but the captain is walking on the roof, maybe he's supposed to, too? Emil tries to stop Lalli so he doesn't fall down but uH

oooooooooooooh yes
(have i ever mentioned how much I love AU's? I love AU's so much you guys)
there is no such thing as "too poofy" when it comes to hair. especially not tuuri's

I'm so glad this is becoming a Thing, they're adorable

Shopping with Lalli. Yes, he's wearing a 40% off turtleneck

yesssssssssss
shopping with lalli is an experience
(as a friend of mine once said,, "an experience doesn't have to be good to be remembered, only strong")

Ahhhh I love Lalli's parents! Watch out, you're making me want to write about them XD

Also, dear forum artists, I feel like you might find this useful: http://laughingsquid.com/the-mewgaroo-hoodie-a-cozy-sweatshirt-with-a-cat-sized-pouch-so-kitties-can-snuggle-inside/

AKA please draw Reynir wearing one of these? with a DerpKitty inside? Pretty please? :3
[ominous chanting] write write write write write [/ominous chanting]
also GOSH DANG I WANNA DRAW THAT but i cant let my schoolwork suffer too much,,, someone please rip this responsibility outta my hands

Excuse me but your ancient proverb is almost exactly like my life motto. One of us in going to have to change or else we'll both end up with the same senior quote in the SSSS yearbook and that will just be awkward.
well the choice here is obvious, I mean, mine says "ancient proverb" and yours says "life motto".........

You guys are all so talented. I haven't drawn in ages, but seeing all of these really makes me want to pick it up again.
Do it!!! participating in the SSSS fandom has made all of us pick up things we haven't done in ages, it's a fun trend!!

edit: my resolve lasted for about 2 minutes

(high school au reynir totally has this hoodie, there are no two ways around this)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:46:18 AM by Haiz »

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #3344 on: May 21, 2015, 03:40:29 AM »

Okay.

That weird moment when you realise most fanart youdrew features your least favourite character o_O

Edit: Also I wanted to say sorry about being so hit-and-run about this thread lately. I do look at all your awesome art and am grateful for the feedback I receive on my own. Keep being excellent everyone! I hope I'll have more time to comment soon.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:47:25 AM by anonion »