Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484402 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3315 on: May 20, 2015, 06:27:14 AM »
For frack's sake guys, now I want to see the crew in modern au where they take an IKEA excursion (because who doesn't do those, am I right?) and we get to see all their shenanigans. Like Lalli hiding in those funny egg foldy chairs for kids and Emil bragging about the wonders of Swedish furniture and Sigrun stuffing her face with meatballs.  ;D
Now I wanna draw... orz

I imagine Mikkel would spend hours in the home & kitchen section while Emil gets lost in the interior design exhibition stalls (been there done that myself).

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3316 on: May 20, 2015, 06:41:53 AM »
For frack's sake guys, now I want to see the crew in modern au where they take an IKEA excursion (because who doesn't do those, am I right?) and we get to see all their shenanigans. Like Lalli hiding in those funny egg foldy chairs for kids and Emil bragging about the wonders of Swedish furniture and Sigrun stuffing her face with meatballs.  ;D
Now I wanna draw... orz

I imagine Mikkel would spend hours in the home & kitchen section while Emil gets lost in the interior design exhibition stalls (been there done that myself).
And I imagine Haiz could write a chapter on this idea ^^ (No ?) (Please ?)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3317 on: May 20, 2015, 08:21:23 AM »
Now I wanna draw... orz
IKEA TRIP SOUNDS LIKE PERFECT PLOT FOR MY HIGH SCH-
And I imagine Haiz could write a chapter on this idea ^^ (No ?) (Please ?)
..................yes

actually, looking back to my pre-forum days, there's this post on tumblr that had modern au ikea trip as a prompt, and I wrote this in the tags (post dates back to march 9th so it's a while ago):

#lalli wanders off and emil freaks out about it #sigrun tries ALL the beds and matresses #all of them #tuuri is very *___* but takes the shopping seriously and has all the papers with the measurments for things they need #she has her pocket full of tiny pencils #mikkel steers the cart #when they get out at the end of the day braidy is with them??? #where does he come from??? has he been living at ikea for days? WHO KNOWS #edit: emil got Actual Lost trying to find lalli. #Lalli is sleeping in a pile of dragon plushies #they find emil crying over a plate of meatballs in the cafe. he cant pay for it

another tumblr post I made in my pre-forum days is this one:
AU where Swedish mages use IKEA catalogues as spellbooks

ikea is just full of possibilities you guys
you'll know where to find me.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3318 on: May 20, 2015, 08:33:00 AM »
Tuuri grabbing one of those huge plastic bags and then (mechanic!) filling it with hundreds of (identical!) Allen wrenches ...
When they need to leave, Mikkel has to go through the bed(room) section and lift every single one so as to find Lalli who went to sleep under one of them ...
Sigrun dwelling in the kitchen section - dismissing all the cutlery as being way too small to properly cut up grosslings ...
Emil - bathroom closets with mirrors. Nuff said.

The one person I can't quite place would be Reynir. The others would probably want him to stay in the ball pit, I guess, but it's not like he could herd or peel those balls. ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #3319 on: May 20, 2015, 08:39:15 AM »
guys you all are making me want to draw the crew in a IKEA store! (in the modern AU of course)
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3320 on: May 20, 2015, 08:45:59 AM »
IKEA TRIP SOUNDS LIKE PERFECT PLOT FOR MY HIGH SCH-..................yes
Sorry. Reflex. ^^°
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3321 on: May 20, 2015, 10:13:21 AM »
I made a somewhat horror interpetation of page 319, when zombie puppy is climbing into the boat. Spoilered for those who don't want to get an eyeful of rash while browsing. I still don't know how to draw Reynir.
Spoiler: show

Wow, this looks amazing and really freaky (good thing Reynir didn't look into the water)!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3322 on: May 20, 2015, 12:52:26 PM »
Everything here is so beautiful as always!! *-*

Haiz: There's something about the way you color your drawings that just screams "HAIZ" and I can't point what it is...  ???

RandomTexasReader: Poor Lallimama! I love how Lallipapa doesn't know what to do, so he just goes "there, there".

BarbaryLion22: That braid hanging out of the frame!! Love it!

anonion: This is fantastic. There's something about things underwater (doesn't matter if it is a fish or a huge troll) that always give me chills.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3323 on: May 20, 2015, 01:03:47 PM »
Everything here is so beautiful as always!! *-*
RandomTexasReader: Poor Lallimama! I love how Lallipapa doesn't know what to do, so he just goes "there, there".

He's going "pat, pat."  Like Lalli.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3324 on: May 20, 2015, 01:15:12 PM »

Ohh, I didn't think of that! How cute!! The Hotakainen way of comforting someone has been passed down for generations. :P

Also, there isn't any IKEA stores here in Brazil, so I don't know what they are exactly. But they must be amazing, because I see everyone on the internet talking about them.

EDIT: Ok, so I googled it and apparently there is an IKEA store in Brazil, but not in the state where I live.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:19:23 PM by Daéa Reina »
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #3325 on: May 20, 2015, 01:22:45 PM »
Well, it is his fault.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3326 on: May 20, 2015, 01:23:23 PM »
Haiz: There's something about the way you color your drawings that just screams "HAIZ" and I can't point what it is...  ???
Hah, I hope that's a good thing! I think it's the very impractical colouring method that involves painting over pencil sketches on the same frickin layer using watercolour and pen tools thing maybe

Also, there isn't any IKEA stores here in Brazil, so I don't know what they are exactly. But they must be amazing, because I see everyone on the internet talking about them.
well, not everyone agrees on their amazingness, but they are cheap furniture chain-stores, known for:
- flat assemble-it-yourself packages with funny cartoon-like drawings as instructions
- lots of silly and/or colourful furniture, also plushies and a lot of non-furniture things tbh
- humongous labyrinthine stores (i heard something about one of them arranging a huge hide-and-seek game involving thousands of people?)
- café with delicious swedish meatballs
- swedish names only scandinavians know how to pronounce apparently

....... i also realized all the furniture on my room is from ikea. haha
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:26:05 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3327 on: May 20, 2015, 01:45:06 PM »

- flat assemble-it-yourself packages with funny cartoon-like drawings as instructions
- lots of silly and/or colourful furniture, also plushies and a lot of non-furniture things tbh
- humongous labyrinthine stores (i heard something about one of them arranging a huge hide-and-seek game involving thousands of people?)
- café with delicious swedish meatballs
- swedish names only scandinavians know how to pronounce apparently

- ...and one screw or other small yet important piece is always missing.
- Which is awesome up until the moment when you need a new part for said furniture - say a new shelf for your bookshelf - and the packs have been sneakily updated so that the new pieces don't fit the old item. RRGH.
- They banned the hide and seek. :P Good thing, I always lose all my friends there anyway.
- Entirely agreeing with the part about the café. I hear people sometimes go there just for the meatballs.
- Also Danish names for door mats, for some reason.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

zetkaj

« Reply #3328 on: May 20, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »
- ...and one screw or other small yet important piece is always missing.
- Which is awesome up until the moment when you need a new part for said furniture - say a new shelf for your bookshelf - and the packs have been sneakily updated so that the new pieces don't fit the old item. RRGH.
- They banned the hide and seek. :P Good thing, I always lose all my friends there anyway.
- Entirely agreeing with the part about the café. I hear people sometimes go there just for the meatballs.
I do have friends who go there only for the meatballs! Their soups are also yummy. And they sell various Swedish food (gingerbread houses before Christmas! yum.), and super cheap ice cream.
also:
-free pencils. I find them in various pockets, bags, under the bed...
-I second giant plushies, my friend has a giant plush broccoli and it's the best. I always get into plush-fights when at IKEA.
-impossible to read shop maps.
-cute cacti sets...

...most of my kitchenware is from there, actually.
Native :poland: , fluent :uk: , a bit :germany: , learning :finland:

The whole culture is based on pretending. Pretending that we are cultured.

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3329 on: May 20, 2015, 03:16:11 PM »

This sounds like the voice of experience... Also, I get grumpy when they update an item but change it drastically while keeping the same name.

Imma put this here.... http://satwcomic.com/name-calling
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: