Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484599 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2014, 07:24:57 PM »
Finally got around to joining the forum!
Anyway someone mentioned wanting some fanart of Emil wearing a tiara so I did a real quick quicky and went ahead and put him in drag? Also, it was really late when I did it and I have no idea how the sash turned into a grumpy sash cat...ummm...*cough* Ahem...Hope it is at least a bit of amusement for some

Snerk.  *pbbbffft*  [gives up trying to stifle laughter]  Ah HA HA HA!

How marvelous!  I love that you worked in the blue-and-yellow of the Swedish flag -- hues that just happen to complement his beautiful blue eyes and sunny locks.  And that cat-sash is PRICELESS.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2014, 10:44:32 PM »
That eyeliner kills me.  Clearly he puts in a lot of effort to look so fabulous.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2014, 10:52:33 PM »
That eyeliner kills me.  Clearly he puts in a lot of effort to look so fabulous.
Pretty sure there's false lashes as well! 100% effort points for Emil, those things are not for the faint of heart!
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

BabaYaga

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2014, 11:26:18 AM »
Sunflower had a wonderful idea that included shiny tractors and cheery tractor maidens on Scenes We'd Like to See: http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=64.30
Tuuri's revelation on p. 191 that she's driven tractors in the past immediately made me think of all those Soviet-era posters starring rosy-cheeked Communist maidens driving great big shiny tractors.  http://chineseposters.net/themes/tractor-girls.php

Won't somebody oblige with fanart depicting our Tuuri on a tractor, helping Finland achieve its latest Five-Year-Plan?

So I took this pic

and made a sketch of a rosy-cheeked Tuuri with a wrench because, hey, it looks so natural and nice on her!

But before I could figure out how to make it more Soviet-poster-like, I saw today's page and thought leaving Sigrun out would be blasphemy, and this happened:

Finally I realized I was being unfair to the boys and everything just went out of control.

(No Braidy though, that's what you get for being late to your own webcomic debut.)

I never did fan art before, but this thread seems so much fun and everybody is so chill that I just had to jump in.  ;D

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »
Ok, here's Lalli, dressed as Finland of SATW.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2014, 11:41:31 AM »
BabaYaga, those are amazing! I was planning to do something with the Wrench-girl also, haven't had time yet. That last one with Emil and Mikkel is hilarious too.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2014, 11:52:59 AM »

Nice!

Only thing wrong with it is the lack of booze and knife - but that's Lalli, he doesn't conform to all Finnish stereotypes!
My one-and-only: :uk:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2014, 12:01:04 PM »
BabaYaga, those are amazing! I was planning to do something with the Wrench-girl also, haven't had time yet. That last one with Emil and Mikkel is hilarious too.

Yes, those are magnificent!  Exactly what I was hoping someone would do.
Even more -- I was picturing just sweet, earnest little Tuuri as a Finnish Heroine of Labor.  So Sigrun's confident one-handed tractor driving and Emil's heroic pose (golden locks waving in the breeze) are a huge bonus.  (Mikkel's scowl is a perfect match for the caption and the original poster, too.)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:33:56 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2014, 01:16:02 PM »
EMIL STOP

*collapses in giggles*

Well done, good madam, well done
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

DansenDodo

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2014, 06:33:03 PM »
I was brushing my teeth. I was so close to spraying toothpaste all over my computer, my jaw hurts now.

I'm so sorry, I shall put a disclaimer next time, Emil's sparkles are dangerous... ignore me please I'm tired and making nonsense... (XnX) Think I'm gonna go sleep early tonight...

But glad you guys got a kick out of it! XD

DansenDodo

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2014, 06:36:36 PM »

LOL That oddly makes him look cute, when on Finland in SATW the outfit just makes him look like a bum!  ;D

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2014, 10:05:59 PM »
Finally I realized I was being unfair to the boys and everything just went out of control.

I nearly spat out my tea. Well done, you!  :P

BabaYaga

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2014, 06:38:26 AM »
Thanks guys, making people spit out their beverages is always a nice accomplishment.  ;D

Sparky dragon, I've always wanted to see a SaTW and SSSS crossover, especially Lalli/Finland! Now I can't help but wonder how would a drunk Lalli behave...

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2014, 11:29:45 AM »
Now I can't help but wonder how would a drunk Lalli behave...

TrinkaSten actually got me thinking about that a while ago :'D Here's what happened in the comments:

Oh my. Lalli going on loud drunken tirades that nobody understands but mostly concern moose! Lalli sitting on a support beam with a loot of liberated beer bottles and hissing down at passers-by! Lalli trying to exorcise Emil's hair because clearly he's possessed by an evil sparkle fairy! Lalli picking fights with confused Danes four times his size! Lalli trying to curse and accidentally summoning a thunderstorm!

Emil and Sigrun would probably stare in confusion for a minute or two, then start selling tickets and whatever passes for post-apocalyptic popcorn.
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2014, 01:03:30 PM »
I want to picture drunk Lalli as suddenly saying a very long tirade to Emil, half nonsensical and half scarily insightful, his face nearly stuck to that Emil, then suddenly falling asleep in the middle of it.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro: