Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484081 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3255 on: May 18, 2015, 06:34:28 PM »
(I was lucky enough to inherit my grandparents' copy of the Ring libretto in a lavish Art Nouveau version from the 1920s, with all the Rackham illustrations.)
*Sigh* I have Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream in my library because of Arthur Rackham's illustrations. Or "how to act strangely in your bookshop, n°37".
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #3256 on: May 18, 2015, 06:42:14 PM »
Ha, I'm not a fan of crop tops myself, but I needed to draw Tuuri's cute midriff :D There will probably be more crop top Tuuris from me in the future.
More tuuri in general is always good news but more CROP TOP Tuuri is even better :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #3257 on: May 18, 2015, 07:01:20 PM »
We can certainly call you HEIR TO ARTHUR RACKHAM.  Check out what he does with the Rhinemaidens' hair in his illustrations to Wagner's Ring

(I was lucky enough to inherit my grandparents' copy of the Ring libretto in a lavish Art Nouveau version from the 1920s, with all the Rackham illustrations.)

Oh my those are some pretty awesome paintings! And that is a perfectly suitable title, yes yes. Good. You have pleased the Heir.
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3258 on: May 18, 2015, 07:20:10 PM »
We can certainly call you HEIR TO ARTHUR RACKHAM.  Check out what he does with the Rhinemaidens' hair in his illustrations to Wagner's Ring Cycle:

I love Rackham's stuff so much >"< (just wanted to join the bandwagon here while it was still new)

gUYS

remember that Reynir sketch I showed you earlier?
well it got kinda out of control and this MONSTROSITY was the result:

Anyway, regarding "HEIR TO ARTHUR RACKHAM" nickname,know that it is very high praise that I'm okay with you getting that! I think this is your best picture so far, and the way the braid looks in and out of the water are pretty phenomenal indeed!

Haha, Piney you've been giving the forum exactly what it wants right from the start :P Tuuri rocks that crop top like a complete boss and I'm so glad you drew it!

Hey guys, thought I'd drop in and bring you some EMIL:

Hah, wow, good entry to the thread there! I'm liking this Emil very much, aaaand I may be watching you on deviantart now in the hope that there'll be more pretties on the way :P (although in a totally non creepy or stalkerish manner of course!)

Now for my thing! It's been sitting on the back burner for a while, but I finally got round to finishing it, and well, more than anything I'm just happy to have drawn some SSSS stuff again ^_^
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3259 on: May 18, 2015, 07:23:22 PM »
Now for my thing! It's been sitting on the back burner for a while, but I finally got round to finishing it, and well, more than anything I'm just happy to have drawn some SSSS stuff again ^_^

I like this a lot.  Mikkel being responsible, Lalli trying to ninja that picnic basket, and poor Emil getting hit in the face yet again.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:29:08 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #3260 on: May 18, 2015, 09:26:53 PM »
Haha, Piney you've been giving the forum exactly what it wants right from the start :P Tuuri rocks that crop top like a complete boss and I'm so glad you drew it!

Aw, thank you ^-^ I've decided - there are definitely more crop-top Tuuris coming up.

Hehe, looks like Lalli's about to fall on Emil's head; that guy just can't catch a break ::)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #3261 on: May 18, 2015, 09:41:43 PM »
(Shows up late to the Mermikkel party with Sigrun and Tuuri)
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3262 on: May 18, 2015, 09:42:12 PM »
Aw, thank you ^-^ I've decided - there are definitely more crop-top Tuuris coming up.

With heart earrings and bracelet, maybe?

EDIT:
Also, Random Texan Reader has given us a classic example of Suspiciously Specific Denial.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:45:04 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3263 on: May 18, 2015, 09:49:53 PM »

Classic Lalli + classic Emil + classic Mikkel. :)

(Shows up late to the Mermikkel party with Sigrun and Tuuri)

Hahaha, brilliant!! Love the faces!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:22:21 PM by Daéa Reina »
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3264 on: May 18, 2015, 09:55:21 PM »
Classic Lalli + classic Emil + classic Mikkel. :)

Hahaha, brilliant!! Love the faces!

I've been thinking about the Hotakainen family, and I imagined how cool it would be if Lalli's mom was a mage. Like, a really powerful mage, one of the best. She was the one that should have trained Lalli, but unfortunately, she died before accomplishing that, leaving the training part to Onni (who decided to teach Lalli only the basics, "just so he doesn't die").

I drew her outfit similar to the one Lalli uses in the dreamworld, with few changes.
I'm kind of happy with this little thing, since it's been awhile since I had the courage to ink and color a drawing that I really liked.

I like it too!

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3265 on: May 18, 2015, 10:12:21 PM »
Random: XD Nope, not at all, just keep moving. *nonchalant whistle*
Daea: sjklfdsjkdsfhjsdf! Lalli's mom! <3 so pretty! *face-squish* The pose! the uniform! the looking-like-Lalli!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #3266 on: May 18, 2015, 10:13:17 PM »
I've been thinking about the Hotakainen family, and I imagined how cool it would be if Lalli's mom was a mage. Like, a really powerful mage, one of the best. She was the one that should have trained Lalli, but unfortunately, she died before accomplishing that, leaving the training part to Onni (who decided to teach Lalli only the basics, "just so he doesn't die").

I drew her outfit similar to the one Lalli uses in the dreamworld, with few changes.
I'm kind of happy with this little thing, since it's been awhile since I had the courage to ink and color a drawing that I really liked.

So pretty! I almost mistook her for Lalli on first glance, heh...

With heart earrings and bracelet, maybe?

[Edit] Well, I wasn't imagining so, mostly because I hate drawing jewelry :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:16:13 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #3267 on: May 18, 2015, 10:54:22 PM »

This is really pretty! Actually I have also given how awesome it would be if Lalli's mom were a super powerful mage extensive thought. And you drew her exactly as I imagined!   ...I really want this to be cannon now. 
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Baku

• Hot Dad Squad
« Reply #3268 on: May 19, 2015, 03:11:44 AM »
After Piney drew Tuuri in a crop top, I couldn't resist drawing my own.

The hat was just a bonus (I can't draw hats + lets try to see passed the fact I gave up half way through this because i'm sleepy)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:38:55 PM by Baku »
native: :usa: / learning: :germany: / some day: :denmark:
art tumblr/ flight rising/ disqus - :chap6: :chap7:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #3269 on: May 19, 2015, 03:47:55 AM »
I just woke up and I see all this good stuff. Guys you make me fangirl a Lot oml xD
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_