Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483625 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3195 on: May 17, 2015, 04:51:16 AM »
Why do I always go to bed just when the party gets real good? So much mermaid art was waiting for me here I haven't even made coffee for myself yet and that's a tragedy! Both Merolsen and Meronni are probably going to haunt me in my dreams... XD

Sumeri: those are sketches?! How dare you. Also that Sigrun already looks so good it could be a finished piece.

I'm all behind this headcanon because it's awesome but especially the picture above! It's really well done painting-wise, the contrasts are just right and Lalli just somehow deserves sweaters big enough to swim in.

There's no such thing as "late" for Mermikkels! That's brilliant, awesome, and yes Mermikkels etc. are a wonderful thing to happen! :3 Let me also add how much I love it that you included Tuuri's pot. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3196 on: May 17, 2015, 05:14:03 AM »
More mermen! Trond was great as a crab (and I'm still waiting for a Trond/Kamesennin crossover, might have to make that one myself), but deserves to be posing as a merman as well:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3197 on: May 17, 2015, 07:19:01 AM »
AGGGHHH!!! So much new and beautiful art!!   \( σ▽σ)/

I LOVE IT! Especially the MERMAIDS!! All these mermaids make me so happy <3

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3198 on: May 17, 2015, 07:32:18 AM »

Joins the MerMikkel train. I think he enjoys the sunny rocks.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #3199 on: May 17, 2015, 07:51:26 AM »
So meet him - mermaidmiral Olsen! Prepare your trusted eye bleach in advance. No, seriously.
You know you're a nerd when ... you look at him and wonder whether he might have little propellors attached to the ends of his beardbraids that flutterflutterflutter along as he swims. 8)

(Or maybe you can make it so that his beard braids itself as he swims to work in the morning ... ? :D )
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3200 on: May 17, 2015, 08:24:32 AM »
Sumeri oh my! Your style is... something! *staaaaaaring*

RandomTexanReader Mikkel! One more Mikkel! Tuuri! Lots of art! *happy dance*

curiosity, Baku, anonion, Unlos I want to hug you all and never let go ヽ(゚〇゚)ノ

Mermaids are freaking awesome!  I can't stay away from this ._.
Huh, I undeservedly offended Taru (But Onni probably approves.)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #3201 on: May 17, 2015, 08:30:59 AM »
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #3202 on: May 17, 2015, 09:49:08 AM »
Thank you all for your approvement! And no, in case if toy were wondering, I do NOT want you dead of laughter. I want you to live long and prosper - and have a good laugh as frequent as you can, that's an important part.
Now to the comments.

Baku: I would hug this picture if I could :3 You have an adorable style, I like it.
And no, you are definitely not the only one who'd like to pinch Onni. He's just made for pinching.

RandomTexanReader: It would make sense for Mikkel to be a part of big family. Madsen family in the prologue was an extended one, after all. Headcanon accepted :D

anonion: Wow, that would be very... housewifely Mikkel indeed. And also stunningly well drawn one.

Unlos: Two mermen! (this thread has rapidly turned into a mermaid loving club) And one of them is Trond <3 Who is absolutely NOT AMUSED with what you have done ;D He makes me think og an old poisionous snake rather than a mermaid, and there is a reason for that.

mad robin: TARURSULA. TUURIEL. Emil the handsome prince. This is too good to be true. Thank you.

Now I understand what is it like - going to bed and waking up to two pages of great stuff. We're making fanart at industrial amounts and speed, and this is only a good thing. Although if Minna ever decides to look through fanart again, she'll need a week or more to see everything  :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 09:53:57 AM by curiosity »
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Baku

• Hot Dad Squad
« Reply #3203 on: May 17, 2015, 10:36:07 AM »
I literally cannot deal with how good this thread has been. I think i'm gonna draw Mersigrun when I get home from work.
ALSO, kinda blanket statement here, but I feel blessed seeing all this Mikkel art (not to mention a higher percentage of said art involves him being shirtless, i'm glad everyone here can appreciate that).

Mermaids are freaking awesome!  I can't stay away from this ._.
Huh, I undeservedly offended Taru (But Onni probably approves.)

Ooohh nooo, now I have the Poor Unfortunate Souls song stuck in my head. This is great!

Baku: I would hug this picture if I could :3 You have an adorable style, I like it.
And no, you are definitely not the only one who'd like to pinch Onni. He's just made for pinching.
Eee, thank you!! People seem to like my chibi-ish stuff, but I'll have to contribute something in my normal style for the SSSS merpeople craze though.
native: :usa: / learning: :germany: / some day: :denmark:
art tumblr/ flight rising/ disqus - :chap6: :chap7:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3204 on: May 17, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »
Curiosity: !!!!!!! ONNI. YES.
RandomTexanReader: asdkfjdshjdsjkd! *has no words* *is lying* eeeeeeee that is so. perfect. *has no more words*

This whole mermaid trend NEEDS TO CONTINUE.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #3205 on: May 17, 2015, 10:40:38 AM »
I literally cannot deal with how good this thread has been. I think i'm gonna draw Mersigrun when I get home from work.
Please do! Also, I think your usual style is not a bit worse than chibi-stuff :D Waiting for more.

Curiosity: !!!!!!! ONNI. YES.
There's never too much, hee hee  ;D I happen like this guy. He has the same facial expression I usually have :|
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3206 on: May 17, 2015, 10:43:18 AM »
I also wanted to join the mermaid drawing spree! :D

How do you draw torsos from the side? xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #3207 on: May 17, 2015, 12:08:19 PM »
A bit late to the party but I had to, since MerMikkel is the absolute best thing that's happened to this thread since I've been watching. I have no words for how much I like everyone's contribution to this (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Brilliant! I love the collection he is making!

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #3208 on: May 17, 2015, 12:14:07 PM »
OKAY WHAT I go to bed and when I wake up there's A WHOLE BOUNTY OF AMAZING MERMAID ART??? of... CHARACTERS TAHT DON'T GET ART VERY OFTEN? Did I die in my sleep and go to heaven because that's basically what heaven is, isn't it?

I also wanted to join the mermaid drawing spree! :D

I love that Lalli is STILL looking somewhere off-camera.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #3209 on: May 17, 2015, 12:21:02 PM »
Checked out Doodle or Die last night. Ran through the game and drew a trumpet playing crocodile at sunset that I am proud of. My question is how are those of you using it to make fan art, making fan art and getting the images to post here?