Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484247 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3030 on: May 13, 2015, 06:32:17 PM »

I saw the adorable Sweater Tuuri, and I decided that Emil needed to be comfy too. Also: Scarves are a pain to draw, but they look fun, so that's that
Everyone has such amazing art! You guys are awesome!

Eee! It looks so awesome!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Teresa

« Reply #3031 on: May 13, 2015, 06:48:35 PM »
Eee! It looks so awesome!
Thanks! I feel like I draw a lot of Emil, but somehow his design just clicks. Hopefully I can make something for Reynir, because I love his design too. But I have the hardest time with Lalli.... He's just too adorable!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3032 on: May 13, 2015, 06:58:34 PM »
Ok, so I did the thing.

I know it's impossible to tell because it's not colored, but I imagined the characters as it goes:
- Reynir as a random red shirt;
- Tuuri as communications officer (Uhura, basically);
- Lalli as some Spock-ish person (pointy ears!!);
- Sigrun as THE CAPTAIN;
- Mikkel as the doctor;
- Emil as some engineering guy? (like Chekov, I suppose).

I'm sorry for the poor quality of the images. I drew these in a notebook that's really hard to scan the pages. I didn't do the inking because I was afraid of ruining the whole thing (dear fellow artists, do any of you have some advice for me, so I gather courage to ink my drawings?).
[STUFF]
!!!!!!!!! MADE OF AWESOME! ASJKDHJFHJDK!
I had neeeeeeeearly the same thing, but with Tuuri as Chief Engineer and Emil as a yeoman. ;)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3033 on: May 13, 2015, 07:17:18 PM »
Hello-o-o-o.  Finally - I have a couple of minutes to spoil this lovely thread and run away.
The more I read for my exams the more I agree with Sigrun. Books are boring and nothing good in them. So I leaved them in a dark corner and drew one more Sigrun. When I will thrown out of my university I will regret about this decision... pfff don't care.

She looks surprisingly peaceful and content. Sharpening a knife is probably a very soothing thing.   

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3034 on: May 13, 2015, 07:26:02 PM »
Hello-o-o-o.  Finally - I have a couple of minutes to spoil this lovely thread and run away.
The more I read for my exams the more I agree with Sigrun. Books are boring and nothing good in them. So I leaved them in a dark corner and drew one more Sigrun. When I will thrown out of my university I will regret about this decision... pfff don't care.

She looks surprisingly peaceful and content. Sharpening a knife is probably a very soothing thing.

Sharpening knives is very meditative, I bet Sigrun would appreciate it. As for the picture: The colours, the lineart- everything about this is absolutely amazing.

Teresa

« Reply #3035 on: May 13, 2015, 07:41:28 PM »

It looks amazing! I love her expression :)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3036 on: May 13, 2015, 08:18:36 PM »
Red: Reynir Fett yess yes yes! :D More Star Wars AU pls?

Teresa: awww Emil does look comfy... love his scarf!

Mad Robin: oh my, not gonna lie I really love Sigrun's Norwegian uniform! Plus I agree with whoever said sharpening knives is meditative - it is - and no doubt Sigrun would enjoy it.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #3037 on: May 13, 2015, 08:18:51 PM »

Mad Robin, have I ever mentioned how much I absolutely ADORE your art style? I wish I could draw like that!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:57:38 PM by kahli »
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #3038 on: May 13, 2015, 08:48:29 PM »

Also, I didn't knew that thing from the moon and stars
And I don't want anyone dead... unless they're inmortal

I will have to go back an look for your moon. There is a way to almost put the stars in the moon. It has been used in heraldry. You have the moon crescent and then just outside the dark edge (in heraldry equidistant from the "horn points" of the moon) place a star.

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #3039 on: May 13, 2015, 09:04:28 PM »
I will add to this that Minna noted she would scan before inking because she was afraid she'd botch inking as well.

You can print copies of the pencil work to practice on before inking it for keeps. This also lets you explore some different techniques to see which effect you like best. Practice your inking skills by inking your thumbnails first. The more you do it the more of it works into muscle memory and fewer mistakes you will make. I have a set of Rapidiographs that I love but a couple of my favorites were made with real feather quills that I carved and dipped in a bottle of ink. It is painstaking to go all the way old school but what you create has a uniqueness to them. I haven't done any like that in many years. So I think I am going to take my own advice and work on it. I have goose feathers. Need to get a new Xacto knife to carve the quills. A new bottle of ink too.....

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #3040 on: May 13, 2015, 09:11:14 PM »
Ohhh!  And those go-go boots they made the women wear on Star Trek:  The Original Series?  And the filmy soft-focus they always put over Yeoman Rand?  He'd look soooo cuuuute.  :)

I loved Star Trek as a kid, but... sexism much?  I guess it was an advance to have Lt. Uhura on the bridge at all, even if she was, as she complained once on-screen, just a glorified phone operator.  I was disappointed that Number One got written out after the original pilot.  Too butchy-looking for the '60s, I guess.
I agree I liked Number One as well. Did you know that she played Nurse Chapel instead? And that in Next Generation she was Deana Troi's mother? Majel Barrett-Roddenberry played both roles as well as the voice of the original series computer.

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #3041 on: May 13, 2015, 09:16:17 PM »
Ok, so I did the thing.

I know it's impossible to tell because it's not colored, but I imagined the characters as it goes:
- Reynir as a random red shirt;
- Tuuri as communications officer (Uhura, basically);
- Lalli as some Spock-ish person (pointy ears!!);
- Sigrun as THE CAPTAIN;
- Mikkel as the doctor;
- Emil as some engineering guy? (like Chekov, I suppose).

I'm sorry for the poor quality of the images. I drew these in a notebook that's really hard to scan the pages. I didn't do the inking because I was afraid of ruining the whole thing (dear fellow artists, do any of you have some advice for me, so I gather courage to ink my drawings?).

Possible caption for this: "I swear it wasn't me! The engine blew up by itself!"

Or: She's going as fast as she can, Captain! I can't push her anymore!"

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3042 on: May 13, 2015, 09:17:38 PM »
I agree I liked Number One as well. Did you know that she played Nurse Chapel instead? And that in Next Generation she was Deana Troi's mother? Majel Barrett-Roddenberry played both roles as well as the voice of the original series computer.
I liked Number One too... *sighhhh*
I think that the rest has already been said, but you're still right.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #3043 on: May 13, 2015, 09:25:28 PM »
I liked Number One too... *sighhhh*
I think that the rest has already been said, but you're still right.

i first saw the pilot when it was incorporated into the Captain Pike story. My dad told me that it was the original pilot. I remember feeling cheated because I really like the first concept.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #3044 on: May 13, 2015, 09:30:52 PM »

Can I ask how and with what you do these wonderful drawings?
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...