Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484361 times)

kahli

• Scout
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #3000 on: May 11, 2015, 11:01:07 PM »
This is what happens when you mess with phasers Captain Kirk Emil.

So when can we see an irritated Mikkel yell, "I'm a doctor, not a quantum mechanic!!!"
I already have Reynir as a red shirt (probably Chekov: 'I CAN HELP WITH ZAT'), Tuuri as communication officer and Lalli as some Spock-ish figure.
Sigrun is going to be the captain (obviously). Mikkel is the doctor. And Emil is... I don't know who Emil could be. (Considering that hair... maybe Carol Markus?)

YES. This is perfect! Tuuri can be Uhura.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3001 on: May 12, 2015, 07:24:07 AM »
Aw, thank you so much!
And no, those pigtails didn't last very long at all.

Sigrun was pleased with the results.

Her parents tried to scold her, but they couldn't stop laughing.
ahahahahahaha perfect

I've had these drawings for like 7 weeks.

I like them!!! I like the bright colours and the details on the outfits O:
you'll know where to find me.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3002 on: May 12, 2015, 12:48:57 PM »
This is what happens when you mess with phasers Captain Kirk Emil.

SQUEEEEE. SO MUCH AWESOME. CAN'T DEAL.
I was actually working on a crossover here for a while, and I'm pretty sure that Emil's hair-sparkles qualify him as a yeoman. Plus, I bet he'd ROCK one of those mini-dresses. ;)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #3003 on: May 12, 2015, 12:51:40 PM »
I have nothing against Sweater Lalli but I must say we are in short supply of Sweater Tuuri

SQUEEEEE. SO MUCH AWESOME. CAN'T DEAL.
I was actually working on a crossover here for a while, and I'm pretty sure that Emil's hair-sparkles qualify him as a yeoman. Plus, I bet he'd ROCK one of those mini-dresses. ;)
Thank you!  ;)
 and yes of course I will draw you Emil in a mini dress even though you technically didn't ask
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:54:58 PM by SolarPoweredGirl »

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #3004 on: May 12, 2015, 02:23:11 PM »
and yes of course I will draw you Emil in a mini dress even though you technically didn't ask
I actually have like half of a crappy pencil sketch for him already (I made sketches of everybody, but Emil was the last one and I was having difficulties making him look the way he should and eventually I was just like "hhhhhh nope")
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3005 on: May 12, 2015, 02:27:34 PM »
I have nothing against Sweater Lalli but I must say we are in short supply of Sweater Tuuri

Thank you!  ;)

Ohhh!  And those go-go boots they made the women wear on Star Trek:  The Original Series?  And the filmy soft-focus they always put over Yeoman Rand?  He'd look soooo cuuuute.  :)

I loved Star Trek as a kid, but... sexism much?  I guess it was an advance to have Lt. Uhura on the bridge at all, even if she was, as she complained once on-screen, just a glorified phone operator.  I was disappointed that Number One got written out after the original pilot.  Too butchy-looking for the '60s, I guess.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Divra

« Reply #3006 on: May 12, 2015, 05:35:10 PM »
Ohhh!  And those go-go boots they made the women wear on Star Trek:  The Original Series?  And the filmy soft-focus they always put over Yeoman Rand?  He'd look soooo cuuuute.  :)

I loved Star Trek as a kid, but... sexism much?  I guess it was an advance to have Lt. Uhura on the bridge at all, even if she was, as she complained once on-screen, just a glorified phone operator.  I was disappointed that Number One got written out after the original pilot.  Too butchy-looking for the '60s, I guess.

If I remember correctly, the network ditched Number One because test audiences didn't respond that favorably, and they didn't want to hire someone on for being the producer's girlfriend. Majel Barrett went on to play Nurse Christine Chapel in TOS, Lwaxana Troi from TNG forward as well as providing the voice for the computers from TNG and onward. Not sure that's a step in the right direction, though...

Ammerynth

• Tumblr
« Reply #3007 on: May 12, 2015, 06:08:20 PM »
There's so much lovely art :o

So, I animated for the first time today... instead of studying I present to you: mermaid!Emil

i'm not 100% happy with it, but by this point I'm sick of looking at it. It's done because i say it's done. Never mind the spaghetti-arm thing he's got going on there :P

it's based off this from The Little Mermaid: http://i.imgur.com/kdMIzSx.gif
Native: :uk:
Learning: :france: :sweden:
Survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #3008 on: May 12, 2015, 06:12:39 PM »

*isn't drinking anything*
*spews drink*
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3009 on: May 12, 2015, 06:36:23 PM »
AMMERYNTH THAT IS BEAUTIFUL AND I NEEDED THAT IN MY LIFE
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3010 on: May 12, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
AMMERYNTH
HolY WOW THAT IS AMAZING

also ha ha ha speaking of studying Very Intensely for exams.............
i caved in because i can't go too long without drawing ssss art and my own magesona doesn't count apparently

boop

minna's art is so beautiful making panel redraws a tad unnecessary, but i needed an excuse to stare at sigrun's face on page 316 for a while
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3011 on: May 12, 2015, 07:14:32 PM »
Ammerynth: This is gorgeous! I don't know why, but it looks like it could be in a music video or something...

Haiz: Beautiful, both of them. I specially like the colors on the second one. :)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3012 on: May 12, 2015, 07:28:36 PM »
Whoaaa so much awesomeness here again... the Star Trek AU is made of brilliance and I thoroughly enjoyed the saga if Sigrun's pigtails and what happened to them (quite likely it went exactly like that).

SolarPoweredGirl: that's such a soft-looking Tuuri! I agree, Tuuri in a sweater needs to happen more - so cute!

Ammeryth: this is mesmerizing. I can stop looking at the hair flip. Yesss very Emil, awesome work!

Haiz: gorgeous art as always, so fluid and lovely... I greatly enjoy the re-draw, which is no surprise to anyone at all (I spent embarrassingly long staring at that same panel), and Reynir's dreamscape look is perfection.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3013 on: May 12, 2015, 10:21:18 PM »
And about the pics I posted
I kinda cheated by upping the contrast and saturation a little. They still look pretty similar to the original drawings. And they are only so detailed because I have those drawings for when I don't have internet but I do have the urge to draw characters.

I don't think it's cheating at all!  :)  It's not like we're art school professors, grading you on the quality of your charcoal shading on paper (or whatever art school grades you on).  You're sharing electronic images here anyway, so you're doing us a favor by improving the quality of those images. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3014 on: May 12, 2015, 10:56:44 PM »
Ok, so I did the thing.

I know it's impossible to tell because it's not colored, but I imagined the characters as it goes:
- Reynir as a random red shirt;
- Tuuri as communications officer (Uhura, basically);
- Lalli as some Spock-ish person (pointy ears!!);
- Sigrun as THE CAPTAIN;
- Mikkel as the doctor;
- Emil as some engineering guy? (like Chekov, I suppose).

I'm sorry for the poor quality of the images. I drew these in a notebook that's really hard to scan the pages. I didn't do the inking because I was afraid of ruining the whole thing (dear fellow artists, do any of you have some advice for me, so I gather courage to ink my drawings?).

Possible caption for this: "I swear it wasn't me! The engine blew up by itself!"
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."