Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484325 times)

Teresa

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #2955 on: May 09, 2015, 01:54:44 PM »
Daea, Thank you!! That's such a huge complement to me, thank you so much! I've gotten this far in my art because I've been self-taught, and through trial and error (lots of error..) I've found something that looks decent  ;D

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2956 on: May 09, 2015, 02:01:06 PM »
Daea, Thank you!! That's such a huge complement to me, thank you so much! I've gotten this far in my art because I've been self-taught, and through trial and error (lots of error..) I've found something that looks decent  ;D

Yaaay, another self-taught artist! *high five*
And that's how it goes for everyone, I believe: lots of error makes for lots of improvement!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2957 on: May 09, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »

Sigrun deserves some Real Food. That's a sheep's head (because it might be a bit hard to tell - but they're as Real as food can get) and she'd definitely eat the eye too. Also forks and plates are unnecessary when there's hands and a knife.
Larger version here.

Not sure how I missed it, but whoa! Well, I think you'd be bored with the cliched old high praise and semi-religious worship.
Sheep heads are a real dish indeed, in Norway we call them smalahove and it's worshipped in some parts in my region of Norway. Is it an Icelandic dish too (well, I ask but I can tell the answer is yes. If you need to eat poisonous sharks to survive you've probably tried sheep head at some point).

Teresa

« Reply #2958 on: May 09, 2015, 02:14:42 PM »
Yaaay, another self-taught artist! *high five*
And that's how it goes for everyone, I believe: lots of error makes for lots of improvement!
Very true  ;D It's pretty funny looking at sketchbooks from 2 or 3 months ago, because my style has really developed. I'm shocked that I've gotten this far, to tell you the truth  ;D

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2959 on: May 09, 2015, 02:52:24 PM »
Did I mention I had more art to post?

Here's a cover for my fanfic thingy.  I wasn't sure about posting it here, but posting it in the Scriptorium would make it stay out in a bad way, especially since I don't have a new chapter.

To answer the questions about ' IDK what the Suicide Squad is?'. The Suicide Squad is a DC thing with supervillains being kidnapped to work for the government, and they get to live for it. Only problem is, they're getting sent on missions that are practically suicide.( The basic of the SSquad AU is me throwing this idea at our wondrous team and running with it.)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:06:43 PM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2960 on: May 09, 2015, 03:38:13 PM »
Not sure how I missed it, but whoa! Well, I think you'd be bored with the cliched old high praise and semi-religious worship.
Sheep heads are a real dish indeed, in Norway we call them smalahove and it's worshipped in some parts in my region of Norway. Is it an Icelandic dish too (well, I ask but I can tell the answer is yes. If you need to eat poisonous sharks to survive you've probably tried sheep head at some point).

Haha, probably because right after I posted it the forum went down, and true to my nature the first thing I thought was "oh no what have I done". Thank you!

We call the sheep heads svið and indeed, if it's edible it's eaten, that's just how it goes on an island where nothing grows except for mountains. Unlike many other traditional foods svið is actually really tasty though! And it's got more uses than just eating - after you've cleaned the skulls you give the jaw bones to kids because apparently they make brilliant toys. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2961 on: May 09, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
We call the sheep heads svið

That's interesting, in Norwegian svi means to char. I wonder if it's related to charring away the wool.

if it's edible it's eaten, that's just how it goes on an island where nothing grows except for mountains.

I guess, though that's a bit of an overstatement :P. There used to be huge forests growing on Iceland before the immigrating settlers turned it all into logs and grazeland. You reap what you sow (let's conveniently forget for a moment that the original people were mostly Norwegian immigrants).

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2962 on: May 09, 2015, 04:02:06 PM »
That's interesting, in Norwegian svi means to char. I wonder if it's related to charring away the wool.

I guess, though that's a bit of an overstatement :P. There used to be huge forests growing on Iceland before the immigrating settlers turned it all into logs and grazeland. You reap what you sow (let's conveniently forget for a moment that the original people were mostly Norwegian immigrants).

Could very well be, in Icelandic sviðna means to char.

Nowadays it's thought that many of those old forests were actually growing dwarf birch, and the taller, actual forests were indeed chopped down in no time. Now there's attempts at growing some back all around the country but it's a bit of a difficult task since the soil is often poor and sandy, and one bad storm is all you need to have the whole baby forest move to the sea...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Teresa

« Reply #2963 on: May 09, 2015, 04:24:59 PM »
Did I mention I had more art to post?

Here's a cover for my fanfic thingy.  I wasn't sure about posting it here, but posting it in the Scriptorium would make it stay out in a bad way, especially since I don't have a new chapter.

To answer the questions about ' IDK what the Suicide Squad is?'. The Suicide Squad is a DC thing with supervillains being kidnapped to work for the government, and they get to live for it. Only problem is, they're getting sent on missions that are practically suicide.( The basic of the SSquad AU is me throwing this idea at our wondrous team and running with it.)
Is that watercolor? It's really cool!

Divra

« Reply #2964 on: May 09, 2015, 04:51:39 PM »

You see it in some parts of Sweden too. Mostly, it's a Gotlander thing, and we still aren't quite sure that they don't just do it to gross out the mainlanders.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2965 on: May 09, 2015, 10:05:58 PM »
Is that watercolor? It's really cool!

It is indeed watercolor. Just the crappy school kind.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Teresa

« Reply #2966 on: May 09, 2015, 11:03:46 PM »
It is indeed watercolor. Just the crappy school kind.
Crayola? Yeah, It's incredibly hard to work with watercolors of any kind, let alone Crayola type watercolors. I think you did pretty well- better than I could do. I'm pretty bad at traditional art, and the only thing I can really do is sketch  ;D

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2967 on: May 10, 2015, 01:14:27 AM »

Oh, it's so pretty :D

SSquad sounds really cool! :) I look forward to seeing more from the au!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #2968 on: May 10, 2015, 02:03:06 PM »
Hey everyone! A few of you might know me from Disqus. I'm not much of a forum person (for lack of time more than anything else) but I recently made a tumblr to post my SSSS fanart and wanted to share. There's just one image up right now, but I'll try to post at least once a week.
btw, I wanted to look at everyone's art but my poor neglected responsibilities just won't let me read a 200+ page thread. I'll try to keep up from now on :) Have a scouting Lalli for now.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2969 on: May 10, 2015, 02:06:52 PM »

HOLY WOW THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
WELCOME TO THE FORUM WELCOME TO THE ART THREAD PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE WHENEVER

(also the 200+ page thread is an absolute treat to read through, but please don't neglect responsibilities for it!! maybe one day you will have time to scour through it ^_________^)

edit: has the Poor Neglected Responsibilities meme spread all the way to disqus? well i feel accomplished now
you'll know where to find me.