Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484466 times)

Teresa

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #2940 on: May 08, 2015, 04:56:43 PM »
glad to be of aid  :), btw a nice drawing. I take you used a drawing tablet like a wacom?

I have a Huion model H58L and I couldn't be happier with it!  It takes a while to get used to, and I'm definitely still learning with it.
Also, thank you! I love drawing Emil, Sigrun, and Reynir. I'm hoping to learn to draw the rest of the crew decently :D

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2941 on: May 08, 2015, 05:00:53 PM »
I indeed can, but it isn't nearly as intresting as it may look.

*Top right*
-Ihon myötäiset käsineet ja polvisukat.
-"Skin tight gloves and knee-length socks."

*Top middle*
-Tursaansydän amuletti suojaamaan kantajaa.
-"Tursaansydän for protecting its bearer."

*Top right
-Puukko kiperiin tilanteisiin
-"A knife for sticky situations."

*Bottom left*
-Päällystakki koriste kuvion.
-"Over coat with decorative figures."

*Bottom middle*
-Yö partion tunnus kauluri.
-"Night scout's trademark collar."

*Bottom right*
-Lallin perhe kivääri.
-"Lallis family rifle."

Thanks!  This is great, especially the amulet explanation. 
Does "Yö partio" mean "Night Scout"?  (I'm guessing the first word is related to the "yota" in "Hyvää yota" = "Good night.")
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #2942 on: May 08, 2015, 05:05:19 PM »
Yö partio means to organization itself as in "Night scouts" and yes yö is the base word for "night" and yötä is used when it's described with something like "Good night".

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2943 on: May 08, 2015, 07:29:01 PM »
Aaah I should never look away from this thread because if I do it's flooding with awesomeness! And that troll! I would never have thought Hipposhrimp could be... cute and cuddly? How did you even do that?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2944 on: May 08, 2015, 08:29:24 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm back! In important news, I have a new idea baby.  Notes under the cut.

Spoiler: show

I do have a drawing of Tuuri, but not a photo, she has technopathy. She was kinda a hacktavist. Its complicated.

Mikkel has healing abiltes, and is a rather prominent doctor (think House). Trond still has blackmail on him.
So officially, he's now lending his services to the government.

Emil messed up fantasically when his powers came around, which is why he's on this team of fools.

Sigrun is there because Trond needs somebody he can trust.

Lalli is more or less a bargaining chip than anything else, and the has done nothing wrong thing is because the government has very little to bargain him with.

Renyir is there beuase the government wants something to trigger his as of yet unrevealed powers. Powers are pretty common in this AU.

And yeah, this AU is set in the USA because I can really imagine my government doing this,and the Nordics seem to be doing their own little thing that doesn't involve super-powered strike teams.

(Fun fact: This page of my sketchbook is called Uniform Notes, but now it is Uniform Notes.)

I have other SSSS-related drawings, but this is a dump of the ones I've made in absence relating to the SSquad AU ( which is its official name now).

Also there is like a 25% chance of me writing something for this.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:49:10 PM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2945 on: May 08, 2015, 10:43:35 PM »
My art class had us make a charicter and draw some of his clothing and personal items so needless to say i "craciously borrowed " (nicked) the idea of Lalli and made this.

Oh, this looks really neat :D I like how you did the collar as a separate piece of the outfit! What is that neclace? :)

I wholly and completely blame starfallz for this.

I-I think it's cute O_O

So I've been trying to put an image into the post for a while, using the directions on the first page of the thread.... And it wouldn't work. So I'm just throwing my hands in the air and putting in a URL.
So, have an Emil that didn't turn out as fluffy as I think Emil really would be. I guess he had to start running a lot more and possibly jumping out windows to get away form trolls. Maybe. Or maybe I really have no excuses   ;D
http://abageal.tumblr.com/image/118410356010

(Also: All the art on here is so gorgeous! I've been lurking for a while, so I just wanted to point that out. You people are great :D )
I like your style and he's so handsome! :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm back! In important news, I have a new idea baby.  Notes under the cut.
I'm not familiar with suicide squad, but this looks cool! :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Teresa

« Reply #2946 on: May 09, 2015, 12:06:02 AM »

Well, It's midnight, and I really have no excuse for it being so sloppy but still
Sweater clad, slightly annoyed Lalli. I think he just wants to sleep.
(I'm really excited that I figured out how to insert an image, even though it's actually simple.)

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2947 on: May 09, 2015, 12:10:17 AM »

Well, It's midnight, and I really have no excuse for it being so sloppy but still
(I'm really excited that I figured out how to insert an image, even though it's actually simple.)

!!!! This is really adorable! I love the soft colors! :D Also, rabbit, that is the cutest hipposhrimp I've seen in a very long time what the heck
YEET

Teresa

« Reply #2948 on: May 09, 2015, 12:37:44 AM »
!!!! This is really adorable! I love the soft colors! :D Also, rabbit, that is the cutest hipposhrimp I've seen in a very long time what the heck
Thank you so much! I have to say, sweater Lalli is adorable enough to where I don't think it's possible to make a disaster out of him. I just really want to hug him, he's so darn cute!
Also, I have to agree about the hipposhrimp. Though I wouldn't try to hug it :D

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2949 on: May 09, 2015, 02:43:03 AM »
Oh man do I have a lot of art to catch up on

Teresa: aw yis fresh blood in the art thread, that is a very good emil and veeeeery nice sweater lalli. it's been said before we can never have enough sweater lalli and that statement is 130% True

Rabbit: now that's pretty impressive on several levels, all of which have been mentioned before. what sorcery is this

FinnishViking: ooooooooooooooooooooooh nice

KicknRun: so I have no clue about suicide squad either, but that seems like a pretty cool au!! I particularly enjoy Reynir's expression and the sentence "Sigrun is there because Trond needs somebody he can trust". (Also what would happen if you gave Sigrun coffee)

you'll know where to find me.

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #2950 on: May 09, 2015, 03:32:30 AM »

I love your style! It's very calming, if that makes any sense.
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2951 on: May 09, 2015, 08:59:54 AM »
In all honesty, this AU didn't start out this way. I wanted a happy superpower AU. Then I had this AU grows, and now Tuuri is only here because Lalli and Onni go ding dong dead if she doesn't comply and Emil messed up so fantasticly its hard to describe. Sigrun's morals are kinda high, so she doesn't know about any of that.

I haven't read the recent comics, ( I have some Old Ones)
but I had a phrase where I really liked comics and would travel all over the internet to read about them. This AU is based upon the Suicide Squad comics, not wrapped around it.

But that's not all!

Here's my drawing of Sogrun's outfit. The jacket is supposed to cling around her hips but I'm 100% sure I didn't show that.

And here's my sketch of Tuuri with her powers. I have some wonky ideas on how technopathy works, so stay tuned.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Teresa

« Reply #2952 on: May 09, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »
I love your style! It's very calming, if that makes any sense.
Thank you so much! It's really cool that people like my art in the first place, and the fact that people see it as calming is just amazing. Thank you!

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #2953 on: May 09, 2015, 12:48:52 PM »
If there's one thing I learned, it's that letting yourself wander away from the art thread for even a few days is extremely dangerous because then you have 10 pages of awesome art to look though XD
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2954 on: May 09, 2015, 01:04:44 PM »
Rabbit: I love the colors on this one! That's a very pretty troll!

Teresa: I like your style, it's so "clean"? I don't know which word I could use for that, I just like the way you use simple lines, the drawings look very smooth.

FinnishViking: I always admire people who take the time to study carefully the character's uniforms. That's a very detailed work!

KicknRun: I don't know what Suicide Squad is either, but I love the idea of superpowers! :)

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."