Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483709 times)

Balthazar

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #2805 on: May 03, 2015, 12:14:19 AM »

More vector fan art! because I'm too lazy to practice drawing :p. Always wanted to make something about the first rule.

No Lallicats were harmed in the production of this poster.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2806 on: May 03, 2015, 12:21:23 AM »
More vector fan art! because I'm too lazy to practice drawing :p. Always wanted to make something about the first rule.

I really like that!  It has a Mid-Century Modern look, like an avant-garde 1950s movie poster.  Were you going for that feeling?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Balthazar

« Reply #2807 on: May 03, 2015, 01:32:54 AM »
I really like that!  It has a Mid-Century Modern look, like an avant-garde 1950s movie poster.  Were you going for that feeling?

I wouldn't say I was going for any feeling, but if I had to choose one (without sounding pompous) my designs are mostly influenced by Art Deco posters I've seen. I saw some at a poster gallery in the city, and I like how they looked, and they seemed simple enough to do (I was totally wrong), so I started to copy them. I'm still really bad at it, as my work is sloppy and I am simply using it as a way to make up for my weak line art abilities with the use of simple shapes, but I hope I can get better enough to break out of my reliance on Illustrator and move more into Photoshop and even actual lithograph.

Sorry if I got a little off track with answering your question, and sorry if it came out badly, (sorta get awkward when talking typing about my posters).

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2808 on: May 03, 2015, 02:04:48 AM »
I have a feeling that's from Caddie Woodlawn. And feminine Sigrun is so pretty, I knew I could see it when she was slashing up trolls!

*gasp* Caddie Woodlawn!! YES!! AWESOME!!! But no. It's actually from Ever After. And I'm so glad you like my stuff! *melts*
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2809 on: May 03, 2015, 04:00:22 AM »

I've no idea where I was going with this, it's just that the border between "real" reality and dream reality fascinates me. So have some Reynir legs, a weird lake and some floaty knitting patterns (and Mr. Handsy Moose because he's a cutie). :P
Bigger version here.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2810 on: May 03, 2015, 04:15:48 AM »

I've no idea where I was going with this, it's just that the border between "real" reality and dream reality fascinates me. So have some Reynir legs, a weird lake and some floaty knitting patterns (and Mr. Handsy Moose because he's a cutie). :P
Bigger version here.
I LOVE it ! *Fascinated too*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2811 on: May 03, 2015, 04:43:58 AM »
Please stop... My sides... Oh gods, my sides... Plus I fell out of my seat laughing... *rolling on the ground in pain in a laughing crying fit *
*gently nudges you towards my road to el dorado edits instead of helping you up*
Your vector art is very cool btw!!! very neato composition

One of my favorite things ever is when tomboy characters show their feminine side for a bit. Also I really wanted to paint Sigrun all dolled up and in purple.

heeeeeeeee
she looks veery nice actually. even if I expect her to pull out a gun any time now

Laaaufeeeyyyy you make me wanna write poems

look
you are lost:

stepping on the stitches
the inbetweens cling to your soles
will you wander till you wake?
shun the shadows to bring them closer
break the barriers that kept you safe

you are so very
very
lost
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 04:48:29 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #2812 on: May 03, 2015, 06:59:10 AM »
Alright, who wants more continuation of my Supernatural au? No one? Okay.

Emil: This is the flat where the demon lives, right Lalli?
Lalli: It's the right building.
Emil: ...
Lalli: <_<
Reynir: D:

And then Tuuri apologises on behalf of her partner who doesn't always think before he acts, and Reynir keeps on being a very traumatized poor human who never asked to end up in the middle of a demon hunt

Heh, I actually doodled these a week ago, when OlineLoz and I had some time to kill during the day of our exhibition opening. I just kind of forgot to post them :I

OlineLoz

« Reply #2813 on: May 03, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »

And then Tuuri apologises on behalf of her partner who doesn't always think before he acts, and Reynir keeps on being a very traumatized poor human who never asked to end up in the middle of a demon hunt

Heh, I actually doodled these a week ago, when OlineLoz and I had some time to kill during the day of our exhibition opening. I just kind of forgot to post them :I

Ahhhhh.i.love.them.so.much.they.are.so.beautiful! *o*

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2814 on: May 03, 2015, 01:40:37 PM »

Oh yesss, my fix. Your water colour skills are through the roof! The colour balance, the shading, the balance between blurring and sharpness it's asdfbcb

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #2815 on: May 03, 2015, 02:36:47 PM »

Bigger version here.

Wow Laufey, those are awesome! *-*

Even if I don't watch Supernatural, those are super cool! For some reason I love the faces of Reynir hehe
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2816 on: May 03, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »
New art! Newartnewartnewart!!!

RandomTexanReader Sigrun looks great, purple color so darn suits her! :D

Balthazar Hey! Heeeey! It's beautiful! And cool! And please, draw more! ;D

Laufey, you're incredible. Wow. Just wow!

Sigrid Subscribe to the above, it looks really good even for those who never watched Supernatural!

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2817 on: May 03, 2015, 08:25:45 PM »
ahhhhh I am probably missing tons of things because I am dead tired and I can't remember what I've already commented on? But I love everything that's been posted the past couple of days and it just makes me very happy that this fandom is so talented hhh

Sigrid I really, really, really love how you draw Lalli in particular. Everybody looks gorgeous because your style is beautiful, but Lalli is just looking very very nice and i love it hhhh

Laufey, your watercolor skills make me want to try watercolor. You're such an inspiration • v •
YEET

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2818 on: May 03, 2015, 11:15:19 PM »

No Lallicats were harmed in the production of this poster.
It looks cool! I like how you incorporated the hushing face :D

Bigger version here.
So pretty! To me it feels like both sides could be the dream and Reynir is looking at his reflection, trying to determine whether he is in the real world or not.

I don't know what Supernatural is, but these look awesome. I really like how you drew Lalli :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2819 on: May 04, 2015, 04:27:25 AM »
Thank you all for the nice comments! I'm super flattered that the painting actually made poetry happen (permission to use the poem in DevArt along the picture, Haiz? Will link back to whichever Haiz-source you'd prefer!) and inspired people to try watercolours. You've no idea how awesome that feels! Also I love blabbering about watercolours and painting with them so if you ever want any tips I'll gladly share all I have, except at some point you may have to tell me to shut up because a) I tend to forget not everyone wants to listen to endless blabber and b) I'm terrible at taking hints. Hopeless.

Balthazar: That's brilliant! At first I was so lost admiring the composition I didn't even notice the hushing silhouette!

Sigrid Marie: now I wish I watched Supernatural because that's so cute and funny.  :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: