Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483649 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #2790 on: May 02, 2015, 01:57:29 PM »

I was scrolling down the pic thinking Sigrun was actually forcing them into the crate instead and that Reynir was all "BUT WHY", Emil waiting for the lid to come down and Lalli not caring this way or that because finally a chance to sleep. But packing or unpacking, it's hilarious!

...now why were they in that crate?  :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2791 on: May 02, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »
Haiz, his hair looks so soft I'm going to want to touch it every time I see your avatar
*looks at number of posts*
I'm so sorry

I haven't posted any art in a while ;_; this must change, NOW

Windfighter needed a picture of these three in a crate being discovered by Sigrun as Girls and I gladly obliged 8) Colored pencils are really fun and I love them even though I'm still getting used to them hhhh
ahahahaha this is great!! Reynir looks very pretty with lipstick and the crate is beautifully coloured (although it seems to lack edges?? maybe its walls are just very very thin who knows)
.......I strongly identify with Lalli. what else is new

edit: I also like Fim's theory that they played around with makeup and tried to hide in the crate for it. SIGRUN'S MAKEUP MAYBE
(i can't actually think of a universe where Sigrun wears makeup though. maybe it was her SUPER  SECRET STASH nobody was to know of)
you'll know where to find me.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2792 on: May 02, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »
I absolutely CANNOT be the only person who's looked at Reynir and thought "Somebody needs to put that kid in a Zoot Suit."

I still have not figured out watercolors. Any and all constructive criticism greatly appreciated.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
« Reply #2793 on: May 02, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »
Thanks Curry! <3
As for why they're in a crate, I could answer that, but I'm gonna hold on to the answer until I finish the thing I needed them for \o/

There's no time answering to all the awesome art so I'm just gonna pick my jaw up and get back to working on my next fanvid. But just so you know, you're all so friggin awesome!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2794 on: May 02, 2015, 02:55:38 PM »
(i can't actually think of a universe where Sigrun wears makeup though. maybe it was her SUPER  SECRET STASH nobody was to know of)

That no one IS supposed to know of.

"They will never find your bodies".

(after which they all are made to swear ontheir lifes never to say a word, and all three live the rest of their lives with major PTSD triggered by cosmetics products).

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
« Reply #2795 on: May 02, 2015, 03:03:38 PM »
I absolutely CANNOT be the only person who's looked at Reynir and thought "Somebody needs to put that kid in a Zoot Suit."

I still have not figured out watercolors. Any and all constructive criticism greatly appreciated.
I've never heard of a zoot suit before, but this is pretty great! I think the colours are good, but his legs seem a little long maybe? but then again reynir is one ridiculously tall kid, and couple that with high-waist trousers, what do I know

That no one IS supposed to know of.

"They will never find your bodies".

(after which they all are made to swear ontheir lifes never to say a word, and all three live the rest of their lives with major PTSD triggered by cosmetics products).

replace "stowaways" with a more fitting description
you'll know where to find me.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2796 on: May 02, 2015, 03:27:12 PM »
I've never heard of a zoot suit before, but this is pretty great! I think the colours are good, but his legs seem a little long maybe? but then again reynir is one ridiculously tall kid, and couple that with high-waist trousers, what do I know
No, I think you're right. Not very too long, but I see what you're talking about. *deep sigh*
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2797 on: May 02, 2015, 03:32:54 PM »

Oh, I actually know what that is. It's like that oversized-pants kind of suit Latinos used to wear in the 50s, before the "zoot-suit riots".

I think it looks great, the hair is wonderfully balanced, the shading on the upper body is great. Maybe you used a little bit too much paint on the trousers?

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #2798 on: May 02, 2015, 04:44:48 PM »
I haven't posted any art in a while ;_; this must change, NOW

Windfighter needed a picture of these three in a crate being discovered by Sigrun as Girls and I gladly obliged 8) Colored pencils are really fun and I love them even though I'm still getting used to them hhhh

Oh my gosh, hilarious!
Shocked guys are shocked! XD

Oh my, why it fits so Well to him?! It's awesome!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2799 on: May 02, 2015, 06:32:08 PM »
I also like Fim's theory that they played around with makeup and tried to hide in the crate for it. SIGRUN'S MAKEUP MAYBE
One of my favorite things ever is when tomboy characters show their feminine side for a bit. Also I really wanted to paint Sigrun all dolled up and in purple.

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, halfwit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"
"Boy or girl, I can still whip you!"
John Steinbeck

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #2800 on: May 02, 2015, 06:51:44 PM »
One of my favorite things ever is when tomboy characters show their feminine side for a bit. Also I really wanted to paint Sigrun all dolled up and in purple.

"You look like a girl!"

Yes, Yes, YES
I love how Sigrun looks!
Also, She is tomboy right? Or at least my headcanon
For tomboy girl myself, I have some femenine moments and I look strange heh
Well, again, it's awesome!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2801 on: May 02, 2015, 07:18:06 PM »

Now that you say it I can totally see how Sigrun would be Peggy Carter -like... somebody needs to draw her with victory rolls!

Also you're developing your watercolour skills at alarming rate. The pleats of the skirt and the way the shirt drapes are really well done, and I have some serious love for that belt and hair! Plus Sigrun in not-so-Sigrun-esque styles is always brilliant, never thought I'd see her with lipstick on.  :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Balthazar

« Reply #2802 on: May 02, 2015, 09:59:04 PM »

replace "stowaways" with a more fitting description

Please stop... My sides... Oh gods, my sides... Plus I fell out of my seat laughing... *rolling on the ground in pain in a laughing crying fit *

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2803 on: May 02, 2015, 10:25:43 PM »

"You look like a girl!"
It actually suits her :) As long as it's more casual (like this) and not frilly or sparkly I can see Sigrun wearing it on special occassions. Maybe to celebrate a successful mission?

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #2804 on: May 02, 2015, 11:57:12 PM »

"You look like a girl!"

I have a feeling that's from Caddie Woodlawn. And feminine Sigrun is so pretty, I knew I could see it when she was slashing up trolls!

This too. I didn't think of it, but I'm so glad you did! It fits him perfectly! I can just imagine him in a smoke-filled speak-easy, totally confused (but still so excited to be away from home for the first time!)
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: