Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483775 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #2580 on: April 24, 2015, 11:17:48 PM »
*JOINS THE CHORUS* Adorable sketches, Owl! And this little finger... XD

I did something that I can't explain. I don't even know what's going on, where they are, why Emil is so concerned. The only thing I know for sure: I need help =_=

And I have a couple of dumb things. Not a spoiler at all, but now that post doesen't look like an enormous monster.
Spoiler: show
Little I-will-never-finish-this doodle. Don't you dare to touch Tuuri's diary, Lally. You'll regret it.

Nobody knows what's actually in that diary. But I have a couple of assumptions.

I always have a strong desire to apologize when I do something like that.   

OH GOSH! Emil looks so very afraid XD Maybe she just said some outrageous and horrifying punchline at the end of one of her hunting stories o__o
Also: Tuuri Diary= MOST BEST <3
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2581 on: April 24, 2015, 11:18:13 PM »
EEEEEEEE that is awesome, Robin! The first image is ... funny/totally imaginable (?) and I love Lalli's face in the first spoiler'd sketch. It looks a lot like him and is pretty and stuffs.

Also, Owl, those are AWESOME! I love Emil's sweater, and his ignoring Lalli, and Lalli's stray hair, and giant sweater, and finger, and and and aaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2582 on: April 24, 2015, 11:20:48 PM »

I did something that I can't explain. I don't even know what's going on, where they are, why Emil is so concerned. The only thing I know for sure: I need help =_=
[...]
I always have a strong desire to apologize when I do something like that.   [/spoiler]

I... I love these. All of them. *clutches them to her*
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #2583 on: April 24, 2015, 11:24:47 PM »

Oh my gooood all of these are amazing as always, mad robin!! Tuuri's little drawings are adorable, I wonder if she doodles a lot while waiting in the cattank? <33 Super cute.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2584 on: April 24, 2015, 11:29:07 PM »

And I have a couple of dumb things. Not a spoiler at all, but now that post doesn't look like an enormous monster.

*Ahem.*  In my considered opinion as Forum-Skald, what you need help for, young woman...
is letting that creativity out to play more! 

And I mean MOAR.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2585 on: April 24, 2015, 11:30:50 PM »
[Aw thanks guys! I'm glad you liked asymmetrical Reynir X) ]

I did some other sketches this afternoon and this evening....At first I wanted to draw overly posh Emil sipping tea like "Ohoho" but instead it turned into quiet letter-reading Emil.

And then this happened.

What have I DONE
Maybe I should push the expression further? Hmmm

pfffttt what is style consistency ?
Oh Lalli! ^w^ The expression is very "Ghibli" to me  :P
I love the work you put into Emil's sweater!

And I have a couple of dumb things. Not a spoiler at all, but now that post doesen't look like an enormous monster.
Little I-will-never-finish-this doodle. Don't you dare to touch Tuuri's diary, Lally. You'll regret it.

Emil looks so traumatized! Sigrun must have told him the most horrific story ever!
As for the content of Tuuri's diary I vote for all of them xD <3

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2586 on: April 24, 2015, 11:37:16 PM »

Obviously they were low on kindling, and so Sigrun went out and came back with a troll. "What? They're very flammable! I remember this one time..."
*insert war-story here*
"...And they had to stuff his guts back in!!! Oh man, you had to have been there!"
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Balthazar

« Reply #2587 on: April 24, 2015, 11:50:10 PM »

Really messy and quick drawing of what the crew would look like if SSSS took place in feudal Japan (because I like samurai movies). Yay! Alternate universes!

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2588 on: April 25, 2015, 12:02:12 AM »

Really messy and quick drawing of what the crew would look like if SSSS took place in feudal Japan (because I like samurai movies). Yay! Alternate universes!
I love this AU!! So much!!!
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

GiantBird

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #2589 on: April 25, 2015, 12:12:17 AM »
Here's a little painting of Mikkel I did tonight. I must be an old person at heart, because Mikkel's maturity and level-headedness are starting to make him my favorite character!

I speak English and a little Mandarin Chinese, and have reading proficiency in Latin and Ancient Greek (Attic, Koine, Ionic and Homeric). I study biochemistry!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #2590 on: April 25, 2015, 12:13:48 AM »
I did some other sketches this afternoon and this evening....At first I wanted to draw overly posh Emil sipping tea like "Ohoho" but instead it turned into quiet letter-reading Emil.

And then this happened.

What have I DONE
Maybe I should push the expression further? Hmmm

One of the things I like about these drawings (aside from how beautiful they are -- I WANT Emil's sweater) is that it shows them in less typical moods.  Emil isn't scared, disgusted, greedy, embarrassed, showing off, or in chortling pyro-mode -- just quiet contemplation.  (For once.)

And Lalli is showing an unwarranted (though not unknown) degree of enthusiasm for something.  Have Mikkel's cookies turned him into a Junk Food Junkie? 

It's not that they're out of character (like Sigrun in quiet contemplation would be).  Just showing very believable but less-seen aspects of their personalities. 

Keep up the good work!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #2591 on: April 25, 2015, 12:21:38 AM »
Here's a little painting of Mikkel I did tonight. I must be an old person at heart, because Mikkel's maturity and level-headedness are starting to make him my favorite character!

Nope, just shows that you're a person of good taste!   :D

I like the benevolent expression you've given him here.  He looks very reliable (which can be quite attractive!).  Also, I'm impressed by the greenish highlights in his hair and face.  I know next to nothing about how to paint, but I gather that's a very fancy technique -- using complementary colors for greater realism. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:37:49 AM by Sunflower »

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2592 on: April 25, 2015, 12:36:42 AM »

GiantBird
I love your painting. I wish I could paint at all or at least use colors properly. I love looking at paintings of all types.
Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

Balthazar

« Reply #2593 on: April 25, 2015, 01:00:24 AM »
Here's a little painting of Mikkel I did tonight. I must be an old person at heart, because Mikkel's

There's nothing wrong liking the sanest person in the group. Your not old, your smart.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #2594 on: April 25, 2015, 01:24:04 AM »

Is it really advisable for Emil to be sitting on a keg of gunpowder? :D
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: