Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483662 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #2310 on: April 12, 2015, 11:36:48 PM »
This is the first time I have posted a picture so I'm not sure how it will turn out but here goes. I drew this before Reynir was introduced. I drew him as a cat because my previous attempts (of which there were eight) to draw him as a human failed because I can't draw braids. I hope everyone likes it.

He has cat freckles! ;D

Speaking of Emil

Ooh, I like your drawing style!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #2311 on: April 13, 2015, 01:31:02 AM »
Imagine
It's the middle of the night
You're quietly sleeping in bed
then suddenly
out of the blue
up pops

"I'm thirsty."

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2312 on: April 13, 2015, 04:07:42 AM »
Actually, I started working on some Hogwarts AU drawings forever ago when this thread only had 20-something pages, but I never finished it, so <_<

Anyway, I had Mikkel as a teacher (I'm not sure if I decided on a subject, but I think it might have been potions?) and Sigrun was a quidditch teacher and Head of Gryffindor House (and the Gryffindor students were equal parts terrified of her and worshiping her).

I have a vague recollection of putting Lalli in Slytherin and Tuuri in Hufflepuff, but Emil and Reynir remain house-less XD
oh man slytherin lalli is an interesting thought (thought i kinda disagree because he's not particularly competitive or ambitious or anything, heh)
QUIDDITCH TEACHER SIGRUN THO i was actually considering that before I just made her a quidditch player in the draw
......... were the sketches posted in this thread or

Would you want some suggestions on mixing colors for skin? Since this is more of a gallery and not a critique board, I am asking.
Yeah sure!! I had a good mix actually, i just....... kept painting and ruined it a little.......................
(also wow using a piece of paper as a palette is super professional. u go, haiz)

Huntra and SolarPoweredGirl: your arts are super cute!!!

John Candlebury: oh man that is a really nice emil. for some reason i am reminded of video games?? video games concept art??
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2313 on: April 13, 2015, 04:17:01 AM »
Haiz: Don't I know the pain of watercolours being really, really unforgiving to mistakes. That said the knife actually does look like he took a pair of scissors apart to fashion a makeshift knife just like John Candlebury said. Emil's hand works especially well, great shading and use of layering the paint there, and you have a good eye for contrast which is really important with this particular media (and one thing I always struggle with). Paint more!

SolarPoweredGirl: I never would have thought a super feminine style like that would look so good on Tuuri but actually yes, yes so much! Also I would probably be traumatized for life if I woke up to that, even though Lalli is a cutie... something about things watching you as you sleep is one of my favourite horror themes.

Huntra: the braid is a tricky thing to draw indeed. Reynir!cat is made of cute though!

John Candlebury: Very nice, very, very nice! Clean, simple and efficient. I'm half expecting him to accidentally set his shoe/trousers on fire. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2314 on: April 13, 2015, 04:24:33 AM »

I think Reynir would be in Hufflepuff as well or he'd be the SSSS version of Neville and be in Gryffindor! I imagine Mikkel being a teacher (maybe principal even?).

Oh, this is very different from what I'm used to seing for watercolors! Had it not been for the edges I would have guessed you used some other medium and the effect turned out really cool :D

Speaking of Emil

I like how confident he looks, but I'm half expecting him to set himself on fire when holding the flamethrower like that ^w^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #2315 on: April 13, 2015, 04:39:15 AM »
Oh, this is very different from what I'm used to seing for watercolors! Had it not been for the edges I would have guessed you used some other medium and the effect turned out really cool :D
Haiz: Don't I know the pain of watercolours being really, really unforgiving to mistakes. That said the knife actually does look like he took a pair of scissors apart to fashion a makeshift knife just like John Candlebury said. Emil's hand works especially well, great shading and use of layering the paint there, and you have a good eye for contrast which is really important with this particular media (and one thing I always struggle with). Paint more!
thank you!!!
it's not exactly ssss art but I am a shameless self-promoter (except for when it counts), my this is my watercolor tag and this is my ink+aquarelle calendar project tag on my tumblr in case anyone wants to see that

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #2316 on: April 13, 2015, 08:02:09 AM »
oh man slytherin lalli is an interesting thought (thought i kinda disagree because he's not particularly competitive or ambitious or anything, heh)
QUIDDITCH TEACHER SIGRUN THO i was actually considering that before I just made her a quidditch player in the draw
......... were the sketches posted in this thread or

No, sorry. The sketches were so unfinished that I even hesitate to call them sketches XD Mostly it just remained an idea that I never used for anything. I understand what you're saying about Slytherin Lalli (and I agree that he would have fit very well in Ravenclaw as well). The reason I put him in Slytherin was for his tendency to just act as he sees fitting, without consulting others. Then there's his sneakiness. And I personally think that Lalli understands much more than we give him credit for?? And honestly if I can make Slytherin then anyone can

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2317 on: April 13, 2015, 09:39:25 AM »
Yeah sure!! I had a good mix actually, i just....... kept painting and ruined it a little.......................
(also wow using a piece of paper as a palette is super professional. u go, haiz)

Heh. Generally for pale flesh tones I start off with a little bit of orange and a lot of water, or white (depending on the paint), and then adding touches of red, yellow, or brown to get the more appropriate tone.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #2318 on: April 13, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »
Heh. Generally for pale flesh tones I start off with a little bit of orange and a lot of water, or white (depending on the paint), and then adding touches of red, yellow, or brown to get the more appropriate tone.

Hehehe, I do the same thing :D I usually end up using at least 5-6 colours just for the skin (actually I might use any colour on the skin, even blue, purple, or green in small amounts)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2319 on: April 13, 2015, 10:14:35 AM »
Hehehe, I do the same thing :D I usually end up using at least 5-6 colours just for the skin (actually I might use any colour on the skin, even blue, purple, or green in small amounts)

Same! My favourite shading colour for skin is actually vermillon green, watered down a lot of course.

And this would be my whole base palette. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #2320 on: April 13, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »
ah, that's practically what I do. sometimes I also add in other things just to see what happens

this is my weaponry

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #2321 on: April 13, 2015, 02:34:36 PM »
Waaahhh more awesome art has popped up in this thread :D

Also, here's mah prettyboy-Reynir, I felt like trying something a bit different with the hair and now, well, look at that huge red fluff :D

don't ask me why he doesn't have a shirt on, I don't know
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #2322 on: April 13, 2015, 02:52:20 PM »

Also, here's mah prettyboy-Reynir, I felt like trying something a bit different with the hair and now, well, look at that huge red fluff :D

Og my godness! that is just so awesome! You draw better than me ;w; And I think I know why you draw him without a t-shirt hehe~
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2323 on: April 13, 2015, 02:58:37 PM »
here's mah prettyboy-Reynir, I felt like trying something a bit different with the hair and now, well, look at that huge red fluff :D
I can't remember words... D:
He is... eeeeeeeee!!! ... and his hair... E-E-E-E-E-E-E!!! *fainted*

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2324 on: April 13, 2015, 04:07:58 PM »

Ahhh it's so floofy!! As always the eyes are gorgeous too and this is just. so beautiful omg
YEET