Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483834 times)

Ruby

• Sparkly, shiny, easily distract--OOH LOOK!
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #2175 on: April 06, 2015, 03:05:48 PM »
I have no words to express how much I love all of you guys and your AMAZING art. Wow. No words. Literally no words. *runs around sobbing and trying to group hug everyone*
"My cat ate my PDF file!" -Minna Sundberg

Native: :usa:
Questionable proficiency: :usa:
Passable w/ open dictionary nearby: :vaticancity:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2176 on: April 06, 2015, 03:23:31 PM »
I started this off with the intention of it being just a quick little picture….. then I got a little bit carried away  ::) oops

I absolutely love this. You're so good with watercolors! The personality really shows through, and the title is an awesome bonus.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2177 on: April 06, 2015, 03:40:05 PM »
I LOVE IT, ahhh it's giving me such a nice autumn-y feel!! wow you can draw trees
........reynir's braid is pretty versatile, isn't it
tuuri's joy brings me joy. and mikkel!! i'm so happy there is more mikkel art

eeeeeeek, thank you ^_^ I really like drawing trees and am wondering why I don't draw them more often (Here is one I drew yesterday because it was sunny outside and why not and trees are awesome and they have so much character and stories and maybe I should stop talking about how much I like drawing trees now….. http://mursen.deviantart.com/art/Coeden-i-Dad-525170079)
I expect to see that braid become so many things over the course of the comic and fanart! It actually surprised me quite a lot that nobody had created a skipping rope of the braid in the long time it took for me to finish the picture :P Mikkel has always been the most challenging of the crew for me to draw, and my sketchbook contains quite a few failed attempts at Mikkel pictures… drawing happy Tuuri made me happy though, and I hope like you it makes other people happy as well ^_^

Funky... yeah, that's a good word for it. *sighs*  :P
And yes, it is a Firefly crossover!

Oh hush you, I meant it as a compliment :P (funky is 99% of the time a good thing in my vocabulary, exception is if it is describing cheese). Also, wonderful, not being crazy about firefly then! Sigrun/Zoe and Tuuri/Kaylee cross over best I think ^_^

Thank you for your kind words as well :3 watercolours still feel pretty new to me but it's good that I'm getting better! Hahah, I forgot that you guys can see the title of the picture :P It seemed like a good fit for it.

I have no words to express how much I love all of you guys and your AMAZING art. Wow. No words. Literally no words. *runs around sobbing and trying to group hug everyone*

*Offers poppyseed cake, herbal tea and returns hug  ;D *
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:43:32 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2178 on: April 06, 2015, 06:23:13 PM »
Aaaaaaaa so much awesome since I went to bed! How??
Starfallz: eeeee so pretty! I can never get big pieces of fabric to lie right, so I am really impressed.
RandomTexanReader: aaaaaa! Kaylee-Tuuri is just SO PERFECT! *wants*
Gwenno: Most. Best. Use. Of. Braid. Ever.

I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #2179 on: April 06, 2015, 06:56:06 PM »
Hi! I haven't been on for soo long, and all art is great! I was going to draw Lalli in Hetalia Finland's outfit. But school got in the way. And I can't draw faces. Anyway, I thought of drawing the crew as birds during gym. Then, instead of working on a model of Venus during science, I drew this Sort of...but I couldn't find my pen, so I just drew this (with the help of zoom) with my fingers...   

This is my first time coding up a picture, so if I do something wrong feel free to help!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:05:12 PM by Oh Deer »
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #2180 on: April 06, 2015, 07:30:05 PM »
Welp, I realized today that I hadn't drawn SSSS-related fanart in a couple of days and felt that this had to be rectified immediately, so have these two sketches of dem prettyboys :D

Also, damn my style's kinda inconsistent. Or maybe it's just me, and nobody else actually notices. Or it's because these are sketches which tend to look slightly different than the finished product. Meh, anyway, I was trying to do the whole upturned nose -thingie and I think I kinda like the look

side ponytail instead of a braid because I can't draw braids lol
what are hands even

So I kinda have a thing for flowing hair and long necks if you haven't by now noticed :D

I dunno, I'll probably ink and colour them later tomorrow, if I have the time.
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2181 on: April 06, 2015, 07:39:37 PM »
Oh Deer, that's adorable! Look at him all happy and red. Did you do that on purpose to mimic the fire or am I annotating too much into it? :D Whichever it is, it works so well!

Welp, I realized today that I hadn't drawn SSSS-related fanart in a couple of days and felt that this had to be rectified immediately, so have these two sketches of dem prettyboys :D

Also, damn my style's kinda inconsistent. Or maybe it's just me, and nobody else actually notices. Or it's because these are sketches which tend to look slightly different than the finished product. Meh, anyway, I was trying to do the whole upturned nose -thingie and I think I kinda like the look

what are hands even

So I kinda have a thing for flowing hair and long necks if you haven't by now noticed :D

This is slightly different than what I've seen of your finished work, but it definitely still looks incredibly Sumeri! Ahhh I love everything about your art and the movement in Lalli's shirt is just. Absolutely superb. I also think the upturned-nose thing is working really well with your style ahhh this just. Makes me so happy
YEET

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2182 on: April 06, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
I started this off with the intention of it being just a quick little picture….. then I got a little bit carried away  ::) oops

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #2183 on: April 06, 2015, 07:45:22 PM »

what are hands even
It's beautiful so far. I think you style is really consistent.

Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2184 on: April 06, 2015, 07:47:58 PM »
Oh Deer, that's adorable! Look at him all happy and red. Did you do that on purpose to mimic the fire or am I annotating too much into it? :D Whichever it is, it works so well

I did! Well, I made Emil a cardinal for two reasons, one, because of fire, and two I was watching a cardinal yesterday and noticed how beautiful it was. I think this suits Emil because they are pretty flaunty birds. Thanks for noticing!

Edit: I also need suggestions for what type of bird Lalli should be, I have no idea  :o
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:57:32 PM by Oh Deer »

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2185 on: April 06, 2015, 08:02:13 PM »

I did! Well, I made Emil a cardinal for two reasons, one, because of fire, and two I was watching a cardinal yesterday and noticed how beautiful it was. I think this suits Emil because they are pretty flaunty birds. Thanks for noticing!

Edit: I also need suggestions for what type of bird Lalli should be, I have no idea  :o

They are! It's nice because we even have them down here where I am so now whenever I see one I can think eMIL
Maybe a Screech Owl? They're really cute and also kind of Lalli-ish, even if they're louder than he is! (Also, future recommendation for Reynir: a flamingo 8))
YEET

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2186 on: April 06, 2015, 08:23:30 PM »
They are! It's nice because we even have them down here where I am so now whenever I see one I can think eMIL
Maybe a Screech Owl? They're really cute and also kind of Lalli-ish, even if they're louder than he is! (Also, future recommendation for Reynir: a flamingo 8))

Thank you! And thanks for Reynir's! But I'm in progress of making him a robin.... (Oh dear)

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2187 on: April 06, 2015, 08:25:03 PM »
Thank you! And thanks for Reynir's! But I'm in progress of making him a robin.... (Oh dear)
:O that fits even better!! I can't wait!
YEET

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #2188 on: April 06, 2015, 08:27:24 PM »

A thrush. Tuuri could be some sort of wern.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2189 on: April 06, 2015, 08:43:19 PM »