Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483791 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #2115 on: April 04, 2015, 07:02:49 PM »

TROPICAL REYNIRRRR ;u;

BUNNEHS! Doesn't "turri" translate into something though? :3
I'm a bit afraid to post anything here because you are all so insanely talented, and I haven't been drawing for realz for years and years, so I'm a bit rusty to say the least. But I was doodling a little and some of it turned out fairly OK. Please be forgiving. I know it's a bit sloppy and rough.

(You can tell I spent far more time on the braid than on anything else, haha)
Nuuuuu don't ever hesitate to share drawings! ;o;
I love the hair and the fur and the pattern and the BRAID! And I like your style with line and how you do the tone things too! *nods* is it pencil or pen/ink? OuO

LILLE LALLI LAMBIE ;u; awwwwww! She's so fluffy and cool!! What kind of sheep is she? (I grew up with boring black Suffolk sheep, so to me she looks SUPER COOL)
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2116 on: April 04, 2015, 07:50:11 PM »
Now this isn't exactly art but I know that those of you on this thread will appreciate this. This lamb in the pictures was born this spring just after I started reading this comic around Christmas. It is a little girl but I am really thinking of naming her Lalli. She even has a spirit bird on her head. She is a bottle baby.

Dang for some reason the img code is not working. Here is a link.
http://i62.tinypic.com/2gxqiw5.
http://tinypic.com/r/2nkophh/8

*squeals at the cuteness*

What kind of sheep? She's darling!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2117 on: April 04, 2015, 08:52:02 PM »
Now this isn't exactly art but I know that those of you on this thread will appreciate this. This lamb in the pictures was born this spring just after I started reading this comic around Christmas. It is a little girl but I am really thinking of naming her Lalli. She even has a spirit bird on her head. She is a bottle baby.

So precious!  What breed is that?  I'm not familiar with black-and-white sheep... but I guess you could weave/knit your own tweed from her!

If you get another lamb with that kind of mark on its head, you could name it "Sielulintu" (="soul bird" in Finnish, like Lalli's spirit-bird). 

Thanks for sharing these pictures of your little Easter lamb! 

In return, here's Carly and Lucy Simon singing their setting of William Blake's "The Lamb."

P.S.  I think I see why your links didn't work.  You accidentally put two layers of IMG tags around them.  I removed one set of tags and they work fine.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:53:55 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #2118 on: April 04, 2015, 09:00:45 PM »
WHAT HAPPENS IN CHAT DOES NOT STAY IN CHAT

*runs away cackling*
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2119 on: April 04, 2015, 09:05:01 PM »
I'm a bit afraid to post anything here because you are all so insanely talented, and I haven't been drawing for realz for years and years, so I'm a bit rusty to say the least. But I was doodling a little and some of it turned out fairly OK. Please be forgiving. I know it's a bit sloppy and rough.

it breaks my heart when people are afraid to post in the art museum because this is absolutely gorgeous
the braid and the cat tail turned out really well!!!!

What Haiz said.  In addition:

A) It's a beautiful drawing -- a sketch, sure, but very nicely proportioned with elegant linework.  We'd all be happy to do artwork of that caliber.
B) Even if it were as awkward as you seem to think it is, that shouldn't matter.  We're all sharing our work (or at least our thoughts, for non-artists like me), and we'd respect any sincere effort -- no matter how novice or rusty.  So please, don't ever hesitate because you think it's "not good enough."

This isn't the first time I've used this quote from e.e. cummings, but I think it's applicable here:

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than to teach ten thousand stars how not to dance.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #2120 on: April 04, 2015, 09:06:58 PM »

*runs away cackling*
I CAN'T- XD
This is just SO FUNNY, because I thought it would be a much more serious dialogue, looking at the page, I so didn't expect the last sentence. XD

That was well done Rabbit! :'D Love it!
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2121 on: April 04, 2015, 09:14:22 PM »

*runs away cackling*

OMG. *dies*
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2122 on: April 04, 2015, 09:16:31 PM »

*runs away cackling*

Rabbit, this is beautifu and hilarious! :o Your coloring is so beautiful oh my gosh!
freddiethefantastic says she is sorry she is not active but sHE WANTS MORE OF YOUR ART
also what on earth is this chat that i have seen people speak of
YEET

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2123 on: April 04, 2015, 09:18:21 PM »
go to webchat.quakenet.org and enter "#ssss" in the "channel" box
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #2124 on: April 04, 2015, 09:35:13 PM »
I CAN'T- XD
This is just SO FUNNY, because I thought it would be a much more serious dialogue, looking at the page, I so didn't expect the last sentence. XD

That was well done Rabbit! :'D Love it!

Thank you! I can't claim credit for the dialogue though, that was all Fenris, going off Sharion's brilliant Lalli diary.

OMG. *dies*

NOOOO dying is forbidden *stuffs revival cookies down your throat*

Rabbit, this is beautifu and hilarious! :o Your coloring is so beautiful oh my gosh!
freddiethefantastic says she is sorry she is not active but sHE WANTS MORE OF YOUR ART

eeeee thank you! ^^
This is the first time I've tried heavy blacks like this so I'm quite proud although I'm already noticing mistakes in his uniform argh
also can I note on the side that I love your little profile description thingy ^^ <3
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 09:37:25 PM by Rabbit »
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2125 on: April 04, 2015, 09:59:29 PM »
eeeee thank you! ^^
This is the first time I've tried heavy blacks like this so I'm quite proud although I'm already noticing mistakes in his uniform argh
also can I note on the side that I love your little profile description thingy ^^ <3
It looks really really good! You handled them really well and ugh I just love this. So much. I haven't seen anything and it looks like Lalli so don't worry it's AMAZING
huehue you definitely can :0 it's kind of a nickname for me in my Squad
YEET

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2126 on: April 04, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »

*runs away cackling*

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I CAN'T BREATHE

THIS IS PRICELESS

(what does the word at the bottom mean?)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2127 on: April 04, 2015, 10:35:37 PM »
(what does the word at the bottom mean?)
it's a fairly bad-ish Finnish curse-word. I think it doesn't have, um, non-PG origins -- my poor abused brain is convinced it is the name of a ... thunder (?) god from Finnish mythology, so it is sorta like "damn" but used in stronger situations, but that might be all wrong... :/
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #2128 on: April 04, 2015, 10:42:21 PM »
it's a fairly bad-ish Finnish curse-word. I think it doesn't have, um, non-PG origins -- my poor abused brain is convinced it is the name of a ... thunder (?) god from Finnish mythology, so it is sorta like "damn" but used in stronger situations, but that might be all wrong... :/

If that is right you might be able to translate it: Go to Blazes.

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #2129 on: April 04, 2015, 10:58:55 PM »
*squeals at the cuteness*

What kind of sheep? She's darling!

She is a mixture of Shetland, Finn, Dorset, E. Fresian, and Lacune. There is more Dorset, Shetland and Finn than the E. Freisan and Lacune. I greatly admire the Icelandics, but I as I am getting older I am not sure I am up to handling their size. True they are considered a medium sized sheep but that means they can weigh 150 lbs. and with four feet on the ground can drag my 180 lbs off my two feet. I am losing my taste for sheep rodeo. I have one ewe, a Dorset/East Fresian-Lacune cross who weighs about 160. Her name is Queen Bodica after the Celtic queen who burned the Roman London Bridge and London. Queen hates dogs and will bash any dog that comes near any of the lambs. She has given my poor Sheltie/Lab girl two cauliflowered ears over the last 3 years. She hates being sheared or milked or touched although she does like eating treats from your hand. I think she will be the last of that size I own. I am going to scale down the size of my rams to something I can still handle as I get older.