Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483625 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #2085 on: April 04, 2015, 12:20:11 AM »
So anyway, about that Reynir pic....*squints in your direction*

Nooo, someone else draw it please! (I hope this doesn't sound rude, but I'm actually really swamped with work and I don't want to be pressured into drawing something that I originally brought up specifically for someone else to draw.)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #2086 on: April 04, 2015, 08:57:55 AM »
>__>
Lalli doodles tend to happen during the evening ride home... If I drew in the mornings, there'd totally be more Reynir and Tuuri and Emil...

I got bored and drew a bunch of trees and actual lines and stuff tonight, so it's not scribble anymore! Egh.
Also: don't....don't look at the arms. I was so fed up with the arms I just left them to sort themselves out..
And I don't see a lot of pine trees super often....so...Christmas trees x___x 'm sorry.

Usually I can draw arms... I promise... I just...*runs away*
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 09:20:05 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

P__

« Reply #2087 on: April 04, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »
woa! such pretty landscape *.* don't apologize for the trees
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2088 on: April 04, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »
woa! such pretty landscape *.* don't apologize for the trees
:3 thanks P__ !
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2089 on: April 04, 2015, 09:30:46 AM »
SolarPoweredGirl: I want to pinch her cheeks! Also that feeling about the hannunvaakuna symbol... I know that feeling. Let's draw it everywhere.

OrigamiOwl: Love the pic! Those trees actually remind me a lot of the area where I grew up as a kid. During the dark season they made everything look really scary and I hated having to go outside early in the morning to pick up the newspaper... the forest next to our house looked exactly like that picture.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #2090 on: April 04, 2015, 10:29:41 AM »
>__>
Lalli doodles tend to happen during the evening ride home... If I drew in the mornings, there'd totally be more Reynir and Tuuri and Emil...

I got bored and drew a bunch of trees and actual lines and stuff tonight, so it's not scribble anymore! Egh.
Also: don't....don't look at the arms. I was so fed up with the arms I just left them to sort themselves out..
And I don't see a lot of pine trees super often....so...Christmas trees x___x 'm sorry.

OWL

This is so pretty! I'd totally put that drawing on my wall if I could

Oliga

« Reply #2091 on: April 04, 2015, 10:35:51 AM »
Yay, the little forest mage!
Don't worry about the arms! It's a complicated pose, but you did it fine  ;)

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2092 on: April 04, 2015, 11:12:10 AM »
[GORGEOUS]

Owl, this is so pretty!! I love everything about how you draw Lalli and this has such great composition too! What a beautiful picture!!
YEET

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2093 on: April 04, 2015, 11:43:10 AM »
>__>
[image]
eeee Lalli! I love the hood/collar, and the way his clothing is blowing in the wind and ... ;D
The trees are fine, and the arms are ... better than what I draw. ;)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #2094 on: April 04, 2015, 12:15:33 PM »
uh I intended for it to be a real weapon but it looks a little small.... to be fair, I intended for the ship to be a lot bigger too, so it looks like she's doing DANGEROUS THINGS, dangling high above the sea and her parents are slightly distressed at the side, but alas.
Viking axes are kinda cool tho, I saw a demonstration on how they were used once and there were lotsa techniques... like hooking it behind your opponent's shield and flip it away from them

also thanks!!!! sigrun is indeed the bestest viking

Must tell this story! The first Medieval Reenactment group that I played with was from upstate New York, The Norsemen. Guy Rolandson was the head of the household. They told a story of a winter event that they had attended in one of the members old station wagons. While at the event it snowed something fierce. When they went to go home on Sunday afternoon they were traveling an old rural two-laned highway. They pulled up on this scene: 4-5 cars stopped in the road with a huge tree (around 4 feet or 1.5 meter in diameter) down blocking the road.

When they had packed up to go home they had not bothered to change into mundane clothes but were still wearing their 10th - 11th Century Viking clothes. Everyone had a real Viking style axe with a real edge. So the six of them leaped out of the station wagon axes in hand and gave a great shout,"ODIN". The mundane people, who were in the road staring at the tree, scattered like quail and ran for their cars and locked the doors. The Norsemen charged the tree in two teams one on the left side of the road and one team on the right. The first men there delivered 3 mighty blows and then went to the back of the line. The next two men delivered 3 mighty blows and rotated to the back to make way for the thirds. They proceeded with this method until in 20 minutes they had chopped through this huge old tree. They then rolled it off the road. With one last shout, "ODIN!", they ran back to the station wagon and got in and pulled around the stunned people of the other cars leaving them to wonder just what they had actually witnessed.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2095 on: April 04, 2015, 12:41:18 PM »
KMK: ALL THE YES. I cannot begin to tell you how awesome I think that is. (and people say that renfairs aren't practical... >:-))
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:36:34 PM by Noodly Appendage »
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #2096 on: April 04, 2015, 12:46:02 PM »
Sooo... I had to.

Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2097 on: April 04, 2015, 01:02:02 PM »
aaaa lotsa neat arts since last time i commented

Sooo... I had to.

FLOWER CHILD REYNIR
hhhhhh it's so prettyyyy

ooohhh goshhhh this is gorgeous
i love the composition with the background and the way the floof cape goes with the flow

KMK:
omg
viking people are pretty great
(I'm friends with a lot of tall bearded viking-y dudes thanks to the archery club and viking markets and what have you, they keep making jokes about shooting people or eating me if we get lost in the woods, but they are actually super kind and work in kindergartens)
you'll know where to find me.

SeaAngel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2098 on: April 04, 2015, 01:30:25 PM »
>__>

WOW. Nevermind the arms. I have a feeling this drawing captures perfectly the loneliness of this character. It reminds me that he hardly ever expresses himself, that hardly anyone knows exactly what he's doing. Wow. Just wow. :O

Plus, I love the face, the hair, the clothes and the background *__*
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:32:17 PM by SeaAngel »
Fluent:
OK:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #2099 on: April 04, 2015, 01:43:33 PM »
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: