Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484286 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2014, 05:46:36 AM »
As for heart-ripping, I'm bracing myself for the flashback when Minna (or someone talented like you) shows how Onni, Tuuri, and Lalli first came to Keuruu.  I'm picturing three hungry, grubby, travel-weary kids with white-blond hair and wide gray-blue eyes.
I realize that that's not what you meant, but if they really showed up like that in Keuruu, there's a boatload of brass-bearing bottoms in need of a good kickin'. There supposedly is no way to get from Saimaa to Keuruu short of leaving Finland through the Saimaa canal, traveling a good part of the Baltic Sea, and entering the country again at Pori to travel all along the Keuruu-Pori Waterway. That's military-run vessels with supposedly free food for some 75+% of the way, even without anyone willing to go out of his way to help some traumatized kids.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 06:52:08 AM »
As for heart-ripping, I'm bracing myself for the flashback when Minna (...) shows how Onni, Tuuri, and Lalli first came to Keuruu.  I'm picturing three hungry, grubby, travel-weary kids with white-blond hair and wide gray-blue eyes. 
Tuuri mentions it to Emil, that they moved to Keuruu only after joining the military, and getting relocated to there. (Okay, Onni may had a hand in the latter...) Also, kids aren't allowed on a military settlements. (Not that it would mean they couldn't have looked like that at some point.)

I have a feeling that we either overdramatize things a little or overlooked something. ???
Still, the more theories I read about the vague hints Minna dropped here and there, the more curious I become. That girl knows exactly just how to keep up tension.

Anyways, here's one of my "my-house-mate-hasn't-come-home-yet-and-it's-super-late-at-night-and-I'm-bored" drawings. Surprisingly, this is the first bit of fanart I've actually linearted and colored...
Miss Honeyham?
Don't take it in a wrong way, but I'm starting to hope that your housemate will acquire the noble habit of staying out late on long, boring nights... :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:36:52 AM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2014, 07:33:43 AM »
Don't take it in a wrong way, but I'm starting to hope that your housemate will acquire the habit of staying out late on long, boring nights... :D

As am I! Maybe we need to organize a heap of distracting birthday parties for them to attend ;P
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2014, 09:50:12 PM »
A thing we need: an animated gif of those four pannels of Mikkel teaching Lalli how to properly great someone.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2014, 12:57:49 PM »
Inspired by OrigamiOwl's amazing drawing of Ponytail!Lalli, I give you the logical conclusion of Emil's hair growing out as well:

He might want to also tie it back if he doesn't want it to catch on fire...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2014, 01:10:54 PM »
Here it is! A picture of Emil petting a cute kitty!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:12:37 PM by Sparky Dragon »

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Cheesecake

• Don't think I didn't see what you did there
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2014, 12:26:35 AM »
A silly picture of the crew trying to get the aRTD book. They could've just climbed down the rocks, but what's the fun in drawing that?

...if you click view image it'll be right side up. :|
Native: :usa:
Learning-ish: :spain:
Want to learn: :germany: :sweden:
"Survived"
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7:

Elrew

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2014, 03:16:01 PM »
I did a bit of a rip-off of the swan chapter cover from aRTD with Kuutar and Lalli. It's not quite finished and I'm still wondering how to write part of the runo but I may as well post this now because I might never decide...

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2014, 04:27:27 PM »
Little preview of Disney-princesses thingy in progress: (I just hope it works)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 04:31:44 PM by Nimphy »
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2014, 04:39:30 PM »
Little preview of Disney-princesses thingy in progress: (I just hope it works)
Nope.  Image viewer opened and said there wasn't anything there.
Your picture may have been abducted by aliens.

Your can try using tinypic to upload your picture.  They seem to work pretty well.
Feel free to PM.

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2014, 08:51:15 PM »

Just a preview of what I'm working on. Mikkel's sideburns was fun. xD And I probably screwed the height a slight bit...
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2014, 03:08:05 PM »
Just a preview of what I'm working on. Mikkel's sideburns was fun. xD And I probably screwed the height a slight bit...

:D Tuuri looks like she has a wing on her forehead.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2014, 02:13:21 AM »
Silenter: That hair looks so cool on the red head forms... do you often begin with a dark color and work your way lighter? That's totally cool!I love Emil's and Tuuri's hair so far.
Elrew: That's turning out really nicely. I also love the idea of crossing the art of aRTD and SSSS. :D
Cheesecake: All my housemates started laughing at me because I forgot to read your note and turned my computer upside-down in order to read it. It was worth the ridicule. ;)
Sparky Dragon: GENIUS
Solovei: Emil's hair looks even more fabulous now.

Miss Honeyham?
Don't take it in a wrong way, but I'm starting to hope that your housemate will acquire the noble habit of staying out late on long, boring nights... :D

As am I! Maybe we need to organize a heap of distracting birthday parties for them to attend ;P

She moved. Here, have another drawing. I might color it one day, I might not. We'll see.

:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2014, 02:36:29 AM »
Here, have another drawing. I might color it one day, I might not. We'll see.

Sooo cuuute!  And brilliant characterization, from Bosse's scowl to Boy Vasterstrom wielding the blowdryer.  Which part of this game was Emil's idea -- the hair salon, or the blowing up? 

(This reminds me of playing with my various small nephews.  Guess who always gets cast as the Wicked Witch of the West, whose prisoners always escape because her minions are inept, and who dies over and over in a spectacular puddle of goop?)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:50:35 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2014, 11:03:32 AM »
She moved. Here, have another drawing. I might color it one day, I might not. We'll see.
Mission accomplished! >:D I knew it was a good idea to hide fermented Camembert under her bed and spray fish oil behind her radiator.

Your drawing could be an existing family photo in the SSSS world. :D How long did you work on this?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:37:31 PM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9: