Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484098 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1935 on: March 28, 2015, 06:26:03 PM »
So I finally finished Sigrun:

She doesn't feel as Ghibli as Emil, but oh well..

Pretty! She looks really mature but then again she is 32.

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #1936 on: March 28, 2015, 07:08:18 PM »
I for myself cannot draw for the life of me, but recently I started making a fan-quilt and I have the centerpiece done. I am not sure if it fits here, so if I should move it in another thread, please say so. The next step will be searching for pictures of the crew and convert that into fabric.

Greetings, Viisikielinenkantele

Very pretty!  I like it! ;D I personally don't mind its presence here but there is another thread where it would fit better -->http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=299.0
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #1937 on: March 28, 2015, 07:59:08 PM »
So I finally finished Sigrun:

She doesn't feel as Ghibli as Emil, but oh well..

Oh wow  :o Although she looks more like... epmress?.. than a warrior. Whatever, she looks great, and that's what counts  :D
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1938 on: March 28, 2015, 10:18:31 PM »
TO AQUAAQUARION: WHAT A PRETTY SIGRUN!!! I vote we take over this thread with gorgeous pictures of Sigrun like this to counter all the Reynir that's been happening (pretends like I totally didn't participate like 3 times)
THANK YOU!! :D I was thinking of doing Tuuri next, but that counts as countering right??

I.... have been drawing WAY too much lately... And did I perhaps say I need to draw other characters as well? Shh!

Who says we don't need a secret agents AU? Of course we do!
And poor Reynir has absolutely no idea how he ended up where he is.

But seriously I can't stop drawing, send help....!
I didn't know I needed this, but I do! Is there a possibility of getting to see the rest of the crew like this as well? ;D

Wow, the art of all of you is really overwhelming! I am in awe of all of you!

I for myself cannot draw for the life of me, but recently I started making a fan-quilt and I have the centerpiece done. I am not sure if it fits here, so if I should move it in another thread, please say so. The next step will be searching for pictures of the crew and convert that into fabric.

Greetings, Viisikielinenkantele
Oh~ It looks really neat! =D Is the team going to be in the same piece?

I am in so much love right now, ugh, its beautiful! (°0°) how can mine compare if I ever get them done (not trying to guilt trip you I promise, I just, WOW). Maybe I'll make them watercolors instead so it doesn't feel like copying? Sorry guys, I'm just feeling all insecure now. These are turning out SO COOL.

I love you just ignore me....
Nonono.. please don't feel insecure because of me ;n; I'm just doing these 'cause it looked like fun and I'd love to see your version as well! We're all here because we love seeing others' art and sharing our own, so no one should feel discouraged here.

I'm really happy that you like it, but please don't let it stop you from making your own <3

Pretty! She looks really mature but then again she is 32.
Thanks! :D I figured she might be a little more mature in the au or something xD

Oh wow  :o Although she looks more like... epmress?.. than a warrior. Whatever, she looks great, and that's what counts  :D
Thank you =D She is based on frenci's Ghibli Au, where Sigrun is a witch:

“A gentle old witch makes a scarf that is so long that gets its own soul. It will have to travel far and wide with a cat boy, his cousin who wants to be an inventor and a fab swede with the power of sparkles, for funding Sigrun the great witch of Norway that lives with Mikkel the great inventor who will given him a body”
AKA that weird studio ghibli AU where Braidy is ascarf.
I woud like to make it a fancomic (cos I simply can't write, so no fanfics), but I'm not sure if I have the time to do so.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #1939 on: March 29, 2015, 12:32:03 AM »

Nonono.. please don't feel insecure because of me ;n; I'm just doing these 'cause it looked like fun and I'd love to see your version as well! We're all here because we love seeing others' art and sharing our own, so no one should feel discouraged here.

I'm really happy that you like it, but please don't let it stop you from making your own <3

Okay, feeling better now.  :D I don't usually get all self-defeatist, I just really don't want to feel like I'm copying you. But I'm INSPIRED by you, so that counts for something! I'll do my best at my own version, and we'll all bask in the glory of our Ghibli crew. Creative spark has been rekindled, thanks!

Oh gosh you are all so nice here, I can't handle it <3
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #1940 on: March 29, 2015, 12:45:40 AM »
Guuuuuyyyzzz, guesss what time it isssss.....

*does a little dance*

I just finished up on drawing the next batch of this strange cross-over, and couldn't resist making a super kawaii logo for it all, because why not?
This took a little longer than I had wanted, but I had a hoot-and-a-half making it, so YAY!

The art isn't going to be up very soon, because I need to scan em' in and clean the pictures up to make the lines all sexy... but they're coming, I promise!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:19:59 AM by Trinka »
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1941 on: March 29, 2015, 12:56:14 AM »
ANYHOO I was heavily inspired by Emil's attempted intimidation face on today's page and naturally decided to draw our attack squad as Delinquents and it kind of devolved into me drawing clothes I want. Here's a WIP Before I Color It Probably

Um... is "Delinquents" something I should know about? Everyone's using all these Japanese words to talk about them and I don't understaaaaaand.   :P

Regardless, they look totally badass.  I'm not the first one to like all Sigrun's piercings (and be terrified by her club).  Frankly, I think the only reason she doesn't have piercings already is the possibility trolls could grab them.  (but Emil looks totally bishounen even with a gas can)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1942 on: March 29, 2015, 01:02:43 AM »
Casually was inspired by Haiz's blanket royalty and I doodled the children in their own forms of Blanket Ruling

From left to right: Emil, Reynir, Lalli, Tuuri, Sigrun, Mikkel

Darling!

Lalli is rockin' the Tusken Raider look (for maximum mysteriousness).  Tuuri looks warm and cuddly (as always).  Sigrun is looking surprisingly slinky in her blanket sari (or maybe I'm just confusing her with Bangladesh DuPree from "Girl Genius" again).

Mikkel reminds me so much of our family dog, when we kids would drape blankets over her, dress her up in little outfits, etc. ... and she'd just stand there stoically.  I don't think he put that blanket over his own head.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1943 on: March 29, 2015, 01:05:47 AM »
*does a little dance*
I just finished up on drawing the next batch of this strange cross-over, and couldn't resist making a super kawaii logo for it all, because why not?
This took a little longer than I had wanted, but I had a hoot-and-a-half making it, so YAY!

The art isn't going to be up very soon, because I need to scan em' in and clean the pictures up to make the lines all sexy... but they're coming, I promise!
!!!!! I am very excited for this!!!!!! I loved the first sailor scouts eeeeek

Um... is "Delinquents" something I should know about? Everyone's using all these Japanese words to talk about them and I don't understaaaaaand.   :P

Regardless, they look totally badass.  I'm not the first one to like all Sigrun's piercings (and be terrified by her club).  Frankly, I think the only reason she doesn't have piercings already is the possibility trolls could grab them.  (but Emil looks totally bishounen even with a gas can)
Don't worry, we have about the same amounts of knowledge... There's no special meaning behind delinquents, just that I thought it was a child-safe way to describe them and also it's such a funny word with connotations of elderly women talking about today's youth. (I had to google bousouzoku too because I am not knowledgeable about the specific names of Japanese trends but I appreciate the aesthetic very much yes)

Yesss ever since I was introduced to Sigrun in the comic I decided that she needed some because I am trash and I love Sigrun (he does and the way i colored his eye makeup Does Not Help and only makes him more feminine ehehhehehe thank gosh his arms are very manly)

Also, yes, Mikkel was forced into it and is only keeping the blanket on his head for Tuuri and Reynir's sake. Sigrun probably tossed it on him in the first place.
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1944 on: March 29, 2015, 01:26:32 AM »
[AquaAurion's drawing of Sigrun as an imperious wizard in a Studio Ghibli film]
I LOVE IT
and it seems plenty ghibli to me?? Reminds me both of Lady Eboshi and the antagonist lady from Nausicaa!!

What Haiz said.  (Except I haven't seen "Nausicaa"... but I just love Lady Eboshi from "Princess Mononoke.")  Sigrun looks so beautiful, elegant, and in control here!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:49:39 AM by Sunflower »

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1945 on: March 29, 2015, 01:47:59 AM »
Okay, feeling better now.  :D I don't usually get all self-defeatist, I just really don't want to feel like I'm copying you. But I'm INSPIRED by you, so that counts for something! I'll do my best at my own version, and we'll all bask in the glory of our Ghibli crew. Creative spark has been rekindled, thanks!

Oh gosh you are all so nice here, I can't handle it <3
Good to hear ;D Well, it wasn't even my idea to start with and you did post your Ghibli characters before I did :P There can't be too much Ghibli either, right? xD

I know right? This forum is the best <3

*does a little dance*

Are you telling me there will be more sailor scouts?!? :D *joins tha happy dance*

I was pretty sure that deliquent is an English word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delinquent

[AquaAurion's drawing of Sigrun as an imperious wizard in a Studio Ghibli film]

What Haiz said.  (Except I haven't seen "Nausicaa"... but I just love Lady Eboshi from "Princess Mononoke.)  Sigrun looks so beautiful, elegant, and in control here!
Thank you :D You should totally watch Nausicaa, it's really good!

On anonther note, the thread has been read 44,444 times!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1946 on: March 29, 2015, 01:50:19 AM »
On anonther note, the thread has been read 44,444 times!

Wow what that's crazy!! that's like... *does math* 370 times per page. wow.
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1947 on: March 29, 2015, 02:52:46 AM »

I was pretty sure that delinquent is an English word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delinquent

Yeah... but... it was capitalized so I thought maybe "Delinquents" is an anime or a meme or Japanese Harajuku trendy look or something.  (I have next to no exposure to pop culture; belonging to this fandom has been highly educational!)

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #1948 on: March 29, 2015, 03:03:27 AM »

Yah, so I just decided to post these as I go once each one is cleaned up, rather than all at once.

This time around, it's all about the Support Crew!
Prepare to be traumatized again everyone... we're going to be using the Sailor Stars as inspiration here, so be prepared for skin tight bikinis and leather shorts...

First victim is Torbjorn, sporting his trademark face! I imagine he's in this leathery situation for some form of monetary payment, and would prefer if everyone forgot about it as soon as humanly possible. This was too fun to draw guys. I think I need help...

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:07:03 AM by Trinka »

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #1949 on: March 29, 2015, 04:04:13 AM »

Next up is Siv! How would she react to this particular situation? Of course she is worried about being indecently exposed, she's had children after all! What will people say? Worry, worry.
But really, from Minna's art, we can assume she's actually in pretty great shape, so she's a little embarrassed that she looks this good.
Silly Siv, you look great! Check out her hair!

At least that's my headcannon anyways

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:06:50 AM by Trinka »