Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484277 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1920 on: March 28, 2015, 04:14:04 AM »
Casually was inspired by Haiz's blanket royalty and I doodled the children in their own forms of Blanket Ruling
[image]
From left to right: Emil, Reynir, Lalli, Tuuri, Sigrun, Mikkel
Apart from being Quality Fanart, this is also a Quality Reference Picture for all the ways to wear blankets

SO. FREAKING. ADORABLE. You did a really good job of portraying their personalities in the way they wear the blankets. ^u^

Also, I haven't quite got the hang of the quoting multiple posts thing, but that squad AU is HILARIOUS. I love Sigrun's baseball-bat-full-of-nails, also her socks and Emil's socks and his gas-can and Lalli's mask and and and and ... everything. ;D Please make more things soon!

Sorry if this makes no sense. It's quarter past 1 here. :/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:30:08 AM by Noodly Appendage »
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1921 on: March 28, 2015, 04:48:29 AM »
To all of you who commented on those ridiculous doodles, wow thank you??!?? I did not expect such a response to people wearing blankets omg
Also, Fimbulvarg, you forgot Mikkel's "Ghost of King Hamlet" method which is obviously the Most Best Method
ANYHOO I was heavily inspired by Emil's attempted intimidation face on today's page and naturally decided to draw our attack squad as Delinquents and it kind of devolved into me drawing clothes I want. Here's a WIP Before I Color It Probably

my gorgeous children being ridiculous

This is amazing!! I'm getting some bousouzoku vibes from them  :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1922 on: March 28, 2015, 05:03:45 AM »
To all of you who commented on those ridiculous doodles, wow thank you??!?? I did not expect such a response to people wearing blankets omg
Also, Fimbulvarg, you forgot Mikkel's "Ghost of King Hamlet" method which is obviously the Most Best Method
ANYHOO I was heavily inspired by Emil's attempted intimidation face on today's page and naturally decided to draw our attack squad as Delinquents and it kind of devolved into me drawing clothes I want. Here's a WIP Before I Color It Probably

my gorgeous children being ridiculous

CURRYYYYYYYY

STOP. IT'S TOO MUCH

I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THIS AWESOMENESS

I'm going to agree with everyone who said that Sigrun's piercings are attractive because holy wow. And the way you drew their hair is just amazing! I have one small constructive criticism, though. Lalli's feet look a bit small here? I'm sorry, I feel so bad for saying anything negative about your drawing at all because really, I LOVE IT SO MUCH ;~;

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1923 on: March 28, 2015, 05:23:24 AM »
I was looking at some older posts and...THIS ADORABLENESS SHOWED UP! Haiz you are AMAZING
oh um wow gosh thank you so much!!!

Curry: I think there's hardly any need for me to gush about your delinquent squad, because there have been loads of gushing before me and surely there will be loads of gushing after me as well
i love it. love the squad
........... i agree that lalli's feet are very teeny but not sure if it's because his feet are that teeny tiny and sigrun and emil wear ridiculously huge shoes in comparison

edit: forgot the discussion about Style Distinction before I went to bed, heh
wow, really, distinctive noses? HUH who'd have thought.
But ahh yes if nothing else, I'll always have sketchbook backgrounds. Unless I scan it or paint them over.....
WELL tbh I think my sketching style is pretty distinctive, but I switch between so many mediums
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:53:10 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1924 on: March 28, 2015, 05:53:18 AM »
So I finally finished Sigrun:

She doesn't feel as Ghibli as Emil, but oh well..

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1925 on: March 28, 2015, 05:55:53 AM »
[image]
aaaaaaaaa so pretty
the eyes, and the collar thing, and <3

Wait, did you already do a Ghibli Emil that I missed? D8
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1926 on: March 28, 2015, 06:01:24 AM »

I LOVE IT
and it seems plenty ghibli to me?? Reminds me both of Lady Eboshi and the antagonist lady from Nausicaa!!

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1927 on: March 28, 2015, 06:02:23 AM »
aaaaaaaaa so pretty
the eyes, and the collar thing, and <3

Wait, did you already do a Ghibli Emil that I missed? D8

Thank you! ;D <3
He's a couple of pages back!

I LOVE IT
and it seems plenty ghibli to me?? Reminds me both of Lady Eboshi and the antagonist lady from Nausicaa!!

Thank you! :D
I based her on those two, so that makes me happy to hear ^w^
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:24:34 AM by AquaAurion »

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1928 on: March 28, 2015, 08:32:37 AM »
SO MANY RESPONSES!! THANK YOU ALL!

Solovei, yes please!!! Color it!!! I would love to see what you do with it so definitely show me!

I was influenced by bousoukuzu and I was considering drawing one of the really long motorcycle coats on Sigrun, but then I changed my mind because it would clash with the color scheme I had in my mind. huehue weeaboo trash, it's me
Their clothes are a bunch of things I've seen all over the place that I was like. If I was more intimidating, I'd wear that. (However I am a Baby with a Baby Face so that's not gonna happen oops

Sigrid Marie and Haiz, thank you for pointing that out ffffffffff I knew something wonky would happen with Lalli. I was lining him like... what is going on here (drew him last, got lazy, drew noodles for limbs and beans for feet like TRUE ARTIST) I'll definitely fix that because We Cannot Have Wonky Proportions on the Squad
But yes both Emil and Sigrun are wearing Big Shoes (and Sigrun's are Most biggest Best)

TO AQUAAQUARION: WHAT A PRETTY SIGRUN!!! I vote we take over this thread with gorgeous pictures of Sigrun like this to counter all the Reynir that's been happening (pretends like I totally didn't participate like 3 times)
YEET

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1929 on: March 28, 2015, 02:06:28 PM »
Quantity and quality.  That's what this thread has had for a couple weeks running. 
You're all incredible and I wish I had your skill!
Feel free to PM.

Cat Is in the Moon

• Such Evil.
« Reply #1930 on: March 28, 2015, 02:48:30 PM »
I.... have been drawing WAY too much lately... And did I perhaps say I need to draw other characters as well? Shh!

Who says we don't need a secret agents AU? Of course we do!
And poor Reynir has absolutely no idea how he ended up where he is.

But seriously I can't stop drawing, send help....!

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1931 on: March 28, 2015, 03:09:11 PM »
I.... have been drawing WAY too much lately... And did I perhaps say I need to draw other characters as well? Shh!

Who says we don't need a secret agents AU? Of course we do!
And poor Reynir has absolutely no idea how he ended up where he is.

But seriously I can't stop drawing, send help....!

ahahh, this is cool! I can imagine Reynir being the most useless agent ever, getting his braid stuck during imporant chase scenes.......... kudos for drawing a background, wow

(I'd send help but I'm in no better position myself. sorry)

Cat Is in the Moon

• Such Evil.
« Reply #1932 on: March 28, 2015, 03:25:07 PM »
ahahh, this is cool! I can imagine Reynir being the most useless agent ever, getting his braid stuck during imporant chase scenes.......... kudos for drawing a background, wow

(I'd send help but I'm in no better position myself. sorry)
We're beyond salvation.  :'(

As for the background, I very nearly didn't draw it. I'm afraid they've never really been my cup of tea, but that supposedly just means I should practise, no? :D

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #1933 on: March 28, 2015, 05:52:48 PM »
Wow, the art of all of you is really overwhelming! I am in awe of all of you!

I for myself cannot draw for the life of me, but recently I started making a fan-quilt and I have the centerpiece done. I am not sure if it fits here, so if I should move it in another thread, please say so. The next step will be searching for pictures of the crew and convert that into fabric.

Greetings, Viisikielinenkantele
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:41:12 AM by Viisikielinenkantele »
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #1934 on: March 28, 2015, 06:03:30 PM »

I am in so much love right now, ugh, its beautiful! (°0°) how can mine compare if I ever get them done (not trying to guilt trip you I promise, I just, WOW). Maybe I'll make them watercolors instead so it doesn't feel like copying? Sorry guys, I'm just feeling all insecure now. These are turning out SO COOL.

I love you just ignore me....
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat: