Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483730 times)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1800 on: March 25, 2015, 10:35:52 PM »
Actually, I didn't. Thanks!

Not quoting because good god is that image big

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #1801 on: March 25, 2015, 10:40:45 PM »
Actually, I didn't. Thanks!

Not quoting because good god is that image big
Glad to be of help! :)
Just insert the link between the [img width = 300]http://[/img]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:44:06 PM by Silenter »
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1802 on: March 25, 2015, 10:43:08 PM »
Also, I've been wondering because I've found the sweet spot where images are big (not reducing quality) without stopping scrolling, but what size would you prefer to keep images at (as far as pixel widths and heights and such)? I don't want to like. slow down connections??

I'd prefer if none of the images go above 1000 width - and only landscape things for that large a size. For the normal portrait-layout art, between 300 and 600 width should be good. If you have an ultra detailed thing where such a small size would kill details, don't post it as a larger size, just link to the original image instead.

Basing this on average oekaki board sizes, and what would and wouldn't kill my ultra horrible combo of 11 year old PC + bloated Windows XP + 80kb connection speed.

(And I'll go add this to the first post now.)
Am notified of private messages via email.

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1803 on: March 25, 2015, 10:44:27 PM »
I love waking up to so much wonderful art! It's like I get to open presents every morning  :D

I have to say that seeing Reynir hugging a lamb was the first thing I saw this morning and it was the best wake up ever ;w; I can die happy now!

There has been so much gorgeous Reynir art the last two days, so I can't comment on everything, but I think you guys are awesome and please continue spoiling me with these pretty pictures!

I'm really happy to see more Tuuri art here! The Tuuri and Onni piece is so cute >w< Tuuri looks so adorable and clueless with her big fish eyes and Onni is very Onni xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #1804 on: March 25, 2015, 10:53:21 PM »
Guys, I was at school checking the updates on my phone, left it for like 4 HOURS, and suddenly we have 4 new pages of art!?! What are this??? You are all so amazing and productive, you make me want to art more, and I definitely don't art enough!

I feel like for the first time in forever *frozen intensifies, sorry* I'm actually a PART of a fandom. I love you all, thanks for being such awesome sauce people  :D
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1805 on: March 25, 2015, 10:53:29 PM »
I'M SORRY It'S THE QUICKEST THROWTOGETHER SKETCH OF ALL TIME
but it is to save a life

tbh I just copied the family portrait on page 189 and gave Onni the fork thing
maybe I or someone else will make a Better Version later??

Very satisfying!  You made Onni surprisingly good-looking for someone who has a mullet (in Swedish = "ice hockey haircut") and is a total sourpuss most of the time.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1806 on: March 25, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »
I feel like for the first time in forever *frozen intensifies, sorry* I'm actually a PART of a fandom. I love you all, thanks for being such awesome sauce people  :D

Well, thanks for coming back to the Forum after that amazing burst of creativity back in November that gave us all the crew as Sailor Scouts (and gave P__ his icon, and some of us a need for brain bleach after seeing how you dressed Mikkel...).

Can I persuade you to formally introduce yourself on the Introduction Thread? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1807 on: March 25, 2015, 11:01:42 PM »
Also, I've been wondering because I've found the sweet spot where images are big (not reducing quality) without stopping scrolling, but what size would you prefer to keep images at (as far as pixel widths and heights and such)? I don't want to like. slow down connections??
In my experience, if you use the [ img width= tag, it'll still LOAD the full-size image, but it will display at a smaller scale. But yeah, I'm with Lenny in that if it's over 1000 px in either direction, it's probably a bit too big and should be linked.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1808 on: March 25, 2015, 11:02:25 PM »
I'M SORRY It'S THE QUICKEST THROWTOGETHER SKETCH OF ALL TIME
but it is to save a life

tbh I just copied the family portrait on page 189 and gave Onni the fork thing
maybe I or someone else will make a Better Version later??
The moment I saw this my brain suddenly changed it to Braidy (as the wife) and Sigrun (with the pitchfork and her giant smile)

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #1809 on: March 25, 2015, 11:06:03 PM »
Well, thanks for coming back to the Forum after that amazing burst of creativity back in November that gave us all the crew as Sailor Scouts (and gave P__ his icon, and some of us a need for brain bleach after seeing how you dressed Mikkel...).

Can I persuade you to formally introduce yourself on the Introduction Thread?

Awww, thanks! I've been lurking since that time, but all this furvor lately has really gotten me back into the spirit! I might even be posting some long overdue expansion on the Silent Scout crew soon, so yay! Art!

And yeah, I think I might actually introduce myself so I can't remain a lurking creeper troll any longer!  ;D
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #1810 on: March 25, 2015, 11:08:32 PM »
This is gonna sound silly, but where's the intro thread at? ???

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1811 on: March 25, 2015, 11:10:32 PM »
Wait... we were supposed to introduce ourselves?

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1812 on: March 25, 2015, 11:11:43 PM »
This is gonna sound silly, but where's the intro thread at? ???
To answer your question, General Discussions Board. Intro thread is the top sticky.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1813 on: March 25, 2015, 11:14:56 PM »
Wait... we were supposed to introduce ourselves?

Ideally.  If only to give people conversation-starters, which obviously aren't needed on THIS thread!   :)

To complicate matters, there's also an introduction thread on the Language Board.  But that's for trotting out whatever languages you speak, or want to. 

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #1814 on: March 25, 2015, 11:44:36 PM »

my nyas :3c