Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483970 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1755 on: March 25, 2015, 07:38:01 PM »

IT'S REYNIR, JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE ON THIS THREAD!! YAY
OH NO
OH NOoOoOO
the colours are so bright and beautiful
and the bRAID
.......... what if his mage powers are stored in the braid
that would make sense, right?

HOWEVER
i am here to dISRUPT ThE REYNIR TRAIN
with Tuuri Lisa

I mean there was almost no point in drawing this, it's almost exactly the same as that screencapped panel I posted earlier but whatever

Great idea!

Tuuri's sweet little face was made for Dutch or Flemish art, IMHO.

Nearly anything by Vermeer.  Like The Milkmaid...

Young Woman with a Lute (she could be holding a wrench or other mechanical thing)

The famous Girl with a Pearl Earring

Or even The Geographer (gender-flipped -- the occupation works for her)

Or, while we're in the 17th century:
Georges de la Tour's Magdalen with a Smoking Flame (seen in Disney's "The Little Mermaid").  Minus the cheesecake part, of course.
Oh gosh these are all perfect suggestions!!! Maybe I'll draw them all just to add more Tuuri's in this thread O:
and don't worry about gender flipping, I mean..... reynir as venus.......................

....... any suggestions for Mikkel, though? Right now I'm thinking Rembrandt's Anatomy Lesson, maybe? 
you'll know where to find me.

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #1756 on: March 25, 2015, 07:38:25 PM »
SO MANY..CUTE REYNIRS......SOMEONE HELP ME IM DYING??! SLAY ME

YOU HAVE THE CUTEST STYLE I LOVE IT

And the hands! Wow, they're really pretty! *o* And your lines are so clean and wonderfully perfect hnggg
I CRY OMGHFDGD THANK YOU ;_______;
I am stunned by how beautiful this is. You have got some serious talent. Line-art...so...perfect! Will you color him?
puts face in hands omg you are to o kind im actually gonna cry thank you __(:''''''3/L)__
callipygous: loving your style, both the lineart and the way you coloured his eyes. Not sure the picture even needs more colouring (though I wouldn't say no to that either), I love how it makes Reynir's eyes the main thing of the picture.
hhhHHHHHH i cannot express my thanks omg im cry ;_____;
callipygous: everything I see of your art just makes me love it more. Those eyes. His pose. Seriously I love it
SUMMARY I LOVE EVERYTHING AND DO NOT HAVE MANY SYNONYMS FOR "LOVE" THAT WOULD NOT BE UNCOMFORTABLE
HOLLERS SO LOUD THANK??!! YOU!??! WEEPS
Dammit, now we need like, a fake anime opening sequence for this webcomic.
kiss kiss fall into the apocalypse

i didnt paint him because all that hair would Literally Kill Me but here is the nerd in color!

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1757 on: March 25, 2015, 07:39:38 PM »
Sigrid Marie I could stare at your art all day. Goals, right there. Look at that sweetheart I think I'm getting cavities too

Eeeeee, thank you so much!!!

Also, right back at you because

BEAUTIFUL HAIR

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1758 on: March 25, 2015, 07:41:31 PM »

Oh my gosh, hahaha

i didnt paint him because all that hair would Literally Kill Me but here is the nerd in color!

WOAH

STUNNING

I JUST

WOW

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1759 on: March 25, 2015, 07:43:37 PM »

it's so beautiful

also omg your avatar text reminds me of my own "very small, very scared" I had for the first four days or something. I UNDERSTAND YOU and you are among friends. you are safe

(laughing at the kiss kiss fall into the apocalypse btw)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1760 on: March 25, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »
SO MANY..CUTE REYNIRS......SOMEONE HELP ME IM DYING??! SLAY ME
I CRY OMGHFDGD THANK YOU ;_______;puts face in hands omg you are to o kind im actually gonna cry thank you __(:''''''3/L)__hhhHHHHHH i cannot express my thanks omg im cry ;_____;HOLLERS SO LOUD THANK??!! YOU!??! WEEPSkiss kiss fall into the apocalypse

hhhh resizing this picture to be tiny makes me sad because it's BEAUTIFUL HOW DO YOU DO THIS
WHAT A BABY adORABLE CHILD
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1761 on: March 25, 2015, 07:51:52 PM »
i am here to dISRUPT ThE REYNIR TRAIN
with Tuuri Lisa

Oh gosh these are all perfect suggestions!!! Maybe I'll draw them all just to add more Tuuri's in this thread O:
and don't worry about gender flipping, I mean..... reynir as venus.......................

....... any suggestions for Mikkel, though? Right now I'm thinking Rembrandt's Anatomy Lesson, maybe?

A lot of medieval saint paintings would work.  Mikkel has a certain serenity under the gruffness.

Here's one for Mikkel and Tuuri together:  Grant Wood's American Gothic, possibly the best-known American painting.  Everyone thinks it's a farmer and his wife, but the woman is meant to be his unmarried daughter.  (This painting would also work for Tuuri's overprotective brother, Onni.)

While I was looking for a source for American Gothic, I even came across a classic portrayal for the Death Train:  http://www.artic.edu/aic/collections/exhibitions/Modern/Time
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

P__

« Reply #1762 on: March 25, 2015, 07:52:30 PM »
Damn, these last 4 pages of art are just totally completely absolutely awesome! teach me masters
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1763 on: March 25, 2015, 07:58:13 PM »
A lot of medieval saint paintings would work.  Mikkel has a certain serenity under the gruffness.

Here's one for Mikkel and Tuuri together:  Grant Wood's American Gothic, possibly the best-known American painting.  Everyone thinks it's a farmer and his wife, but the woman is meant to be his unmarried daughter.  (This painting would also work for Tuuri's overprotective brother, Onni.)

While I was looking for a source for American Gothic, I even came across a classic portrayal for the Death Train:  http://www.artic.edu/aic/collections/exhibitions/Modern/Time
oh goooshhh you come with the best suggestions!
I can't think of any medieval painting that is so instantly recognizable it would work for my Project, though? HMMM

aaalsoo it's getting kinda late in this timezone, but hey I don't have any lectures tomorrow (not that i went to any today........ being sick is fun you guys) so maybe I can still do that Delacroix'ed Sigrun+Emil+Lalli squad

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1764 on: March 25, 2015, 08:00:04 PM »
also omg your avatar text reminds me of my own "very small, very scared" I had for the first four days or something. I UNDERSTAND YOU and you are among friends. you are safe
I was honestly terrified of this forum before I started spamming it but the thing is this is the sweetest fandom?? Everybody = lovely, and the community seems to gladly welcome new members and is actually the cuddliest thing is that a weird adjective (well except for the trolls they tend to not be cuddly and also very contagious. maybe don't hug them or you'll end up with face cancer)

Damn, these last 4 pages of art are just totally completely absolutely awesome! teach me masters

//casually assumes you meant me too because conceited, but
I am a Very Bad Teacher considering most of my drawing process is like
*draws line*
wHOIA HOW DID THAT HAPPEN
*draws other line*
AMAZING
YEET

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #1765 on: March 25, 2015, 08:05:10 PM »

Oh no, what have you done? Now i can't get the image out of my head! xD
Someone needs to do this. A matter of life and death D:
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1766 on: March 25, 2015, 08:08:12 PM »
I was honestly terrified of this forum before I started spamming it but the thing is this is the sweetest fandom?? Everybody = lovely, and the community seems to gladly welcome new members and is actually the cuddliest thing is that a weird adjective (well except for the trolls they tend to not be cuddly and also very contagious. maybe don't hug them or you'll end up with face cancer)
I know, right? This is literally my first/only form of social media, but I just wanna spend all the time with you guys [this becomes a problem when those of you in other timezones are just hanging and it's 4 in the morning here... :P].
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #1767 on: March 25, 2015, 08:13:51 PM »
How To Draw: A Basic Tutorial
>take ur pencil or pen
>close ur eyes
>JUST GO JUST GO FOR IT
>DONT STOP JUST KEEP GOING
>DONT EVEN THINK
>cry maybe a little
>+*.+´ART`+.*´+*

aaahh...u guys are so kind, so cute ;______; ive been on exactly 1 other forum and i am Terrified but everyone here is so unbelievably friendly and kind ehhhghrhg ill do my best ;; v ;;

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1768 on: March 25, 2015, 08:15:23 PM »
*is crushed by the weight of all the new posts and Reynir fanart that just showed up in this thread*

Hello everyone! I'm finally going to add the magnificent pile of fan art! I only have six colored pencils though, so it isn't as good as I'd like it to be, but I like it anyways.

It's, eh... a little crazy. As I was falling asleep last night I got to thinking about how insane the comment section has gotten, and this image popped into my head:

It pretty much sums up everything that happens there. :)

Do I spy myself wielding a master-grade flamethrower while screaming?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1769 on: March 25, 2015, 08:18:38 PM »
Do I spy myself wielding a master-grade flamethrower while screaming?
That might be me that you're trying to light off... It looks noodly. I wonder who I'm eating [in a way more adorable fashion than I thought a pile of noodles could manage] ;D
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: