Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483703 times)

Oliga

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1740 on: March 25, 2015, 04:55:50 PM »
EEEEEEEEEE! Awesome!
His hair looks like waterfalls or lava flows. So... Icelandic :D
Thanks! Now I can't stop thinking about crossover with Ava's Demon  O___o

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1741 on: March 25, 2015, 05:01:02 PM »
Heyo! Reynir is just the most awesomest name ever. Sorry for the low amount of effort on this drawing (I'm sick  :'().
I just immediately thought this scene up as a prediction for the next page.
Eeeeee the look on Emil's face!!! MOST BEST. ;D

Also, blanket thanks to people for saying nice things about my fancomic! You guys are great! [I'm working on another thing but it might be a while...]. <3
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #1742 on: March 25, 2015, 05:14:35 PM »
I drew voting bait for Lars, and I think I can feel my teeth rotting away just looking at it! C:

I CANT EVEN. ITS SO. AGH. CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1743 on: March 25, 2015, 05:46:35 PM »
Wow, so many beautiful arts here! Reynir is a really inspiring person, so I drew him too... With glacier crowfoot, national flower of Iceland.

I like the dimple you put in his chin.  And the unbraided hair, waving freely.  Hubba, hubba!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1744 on: March 25, 2015, 06:01:40 PM »
Maybe the first Àrni's wife only agreed to marry him if he never cut his hair because it's the Most Beautiful hair in existence and thus started a tradition of never cutting the Family Hair because that would be outright treason

Plot twist: Reynir was escaping to Bornholm so he could get a haircut.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1745 on: March 25, 2015, 06:18:56 PM »
Plot twist: Reynir was escaping to Bornholm so he could get a haircut.
noooOoOoOooooo
he wouldn't
(what if his hair is actually sheepswool extensions. WHAT IF)
okay this reminds me, my tumblr anon striked again this night, and sent me a whole bunch of hair-related AUs

Wow, so many beautiful arts here! Reynir is a really inspiring person, so I drew him too... With glacier crowfoot, national flower of Iceland.

aaaaah so pretty!!
I agree with the lava/waterfall imagery, that's super cool.

aaaaand now I kinda wanna draw elemental reynir. I'm gonna have to slap my hand away from all this inspiration or I'll never get anywhere in life
........ or maybe I can get a PhD in SSSS. maybe that's the only thing I'm good for now
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1746 on: March 25, 2015, 06:49:40 PM »
since my venus braidyreynir (jeez) seemed to be pretty successful i was thinking of maybe imitating some other famous artworks??

I was thinking of maybe tuuri or mikkel or someone who hasn't gotten as many fanarts as, say, reynir, lalli and emil................ maybe i can force myself to open an art history book with this in mind

Great idea!

Tuuri's sweet little face was made for Dutch or Flemish art, IMHO.

Nearly anything by Vermeer.  Like The Milkmaid...

Young Woman with a Lute (she could be holding a wrench or other mechanical thing)

The famous Girl with a Pearl Earring

Or even The Geographer (gender-flipped -- the occupation works for her)

Or, while we're in the 17th century:
Georges de la Tour's Magdalen with a Smoking Flame (seen in Disney's "The Little Mermaid").  Minus the cheesecake part, of course.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1747 on: March 25, 2015, 06:58:19 PM »

IT'S REYNIR, JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE ON THIS THREAD!! YAY
I drew him clutching his braid because obviously that's something he should do when he's feeling worried? Also it's really cute, just like him.
It has next-next-gen hair because his braid REALLY defies gravity, not just like my normal hair drawings where they're just kind of defying gravity, but in a way that seems like you could maybe get it in real life given enough hairspray and a teasing comb
YEET

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1748 on: March 25, 2015, 07:01:55 PM »
I drew voting bait for Lars, and I think I can feel my teeth rotting away just looking at it! C:

Eek these are both so cute!! I keep acting like I'm complaining that this thread is all Reynir but who am I kidding he's my favorite I love this so much
Sigrid Marie I could stare at your art all day. Goals, right there. Look at that sweetheart I think I'm getting cavities too
Oliga, he looks so radiant and pretty!! I agree, his hair is like a GORGEOUS LAVA WATERFALL
YEET

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #1749 on: March 25, 2015, 07:04:12 PM »
When the only thing to complain about is the fact there is too much good art, i think i'm content living with that inconviniance  ;D

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
« Reply #1750 on: March 25, 2015, 07:04:40 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm finally going to add the magnificent pile of fan art! I only have six colored pencils though, so it isn't as good as I'd like it to be, but I like it anyways.

It's, eh... a little crazy. As I was falling asleep last night I got to thinking about how insane the comment section has gotten, and this image popped into my head:

It pretty much sums up everything that happens there. :)
Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1751 on: March 25, 2015, 07:08:23 PM »
IT'S REYNIR, JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE ON THIS THREAD!! YAY
I drew him clutching his braid because obviously that's something he should do when he's feeling worried? Also it's really cute, just like him.
It has next-next-gen hair because his braid REALLY defies gravity, not just like my normal hair drawings where they're just kind of defying gravity, but in a way that seems like you could maybe get it in real life given enough hairspray and a teasing comb
aaaaargh so pretty! The hair! The clothing! The face! Pleeeeaaase make more thingies!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #1752 on: March 25, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm finally going to add the magnificent pile of fan art! I only have six colored pencils though, so it isn't as good as I'd like it to be, but I like it anyways.

It's, eh... a little crazy. As I was falling asleep last night I got to thinking about how insane the comment section has gotten, and this image popped into my head:

*Pritty insanity*

Well i have noticed that the forums with the right amount of insanity are always the most entertaining  ;)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1753 on: March 25, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »

Blackjazz, your drawing is brilliant!  I kept finding new details to giggle at. 
Such as the depiction of a certain flower in the Helianthus family!   ;)  Just one small correction:  *Everyone* is worthy of being on the Fan-Forum (except trolls, I guess).  But I don't want to spam everyone, so I try to concentrate my efforts on new and/or particularly delightful posters.
Including you! 

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
« Reply #1754 on: March 25, 2015, 07:33:43 PM »
Just one small correction:  *Everyone* is worthy of being on the Fan-Forum (except trolls, I guess).  But I don't want to spam everyone, so I try to concentrate my efforts on new and/or particularly delightful posters.
Including you! 
Aw, thank you! And I know everyone is worthy but once I got the words into my head, I couldn't resist putting them down on paper. ;D

And oh, Lordy! I just went and caught up on all the pages and realized that I broke up the Reynir fan art spree. Hah. They're all so good! How can you all be such good artists?!??
Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.