Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484280 times)

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1710 on: March 25, 2015, 06:27:42 AM »
Lenny: love it! Hahah it reminds me of my little brother when he suffered a sudden growth spurt and kept tripping on his own legs for a bit.

My little brother had the exact same thing.

He turns out to be my muse for many things, inadvertently.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1711 on: March 25, 2015, 08:28:15 AM »
HHHHHH so much good art!! I'm working on some Reynir too this is basically going to be the Reynir thread for like

3 weeks

I'm calling it

Lenny: this is so cute!! I feel like he would do this so often
Noodly Appendage: that's a great concept I love this comic omg
Piney: I really love everything about these pictures they are On Point
Peraphelion: this is really pretty and I adore what I've seen of your art!! You have such a pretty way of handling faces. New headcanon for sure.
callipygous: everything I see of your art just makes me love it more. Those eyes. His pose. Seriously I love it
SUMMARY I LOVE EVERYTHING AND DO NOT HAVE MANY SYNONYMS FOR "LOVE" THAT WOULD NOT BE UNCOMFORTABLE
YEET

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1712 on: March 25, 2015, 08:29:01 AM »

There are so many pretty Reynir pictures! (using his name feels so weird)

Curry: That face xD you're right, no comic can be bad with that!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1713 on: March 25, 2015, 10:25:12 AM »
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh all these adorable br-rEYNIRS that have appeared overnight
i just want to hug them all

so many different beautiful art styles
so many braids
i love

since my venus braidyreynir (jeez) seemed to be pretty successful i was thinking of maybe imitating some other famous artworks?? I don't have the time/energy for anything as elaborate as what i did yesterday but still. i was thinking of maybe tuuri or mikkel or someone who hasn't gotten as many fanarts as, say, reynir, lalli and emil................ maybe i can force myself to open an art history book with this in mind
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1714 on: March 25, 2015, 10:31:14 AM »
since my venus braidyreynir (jeez) seemed to be pretty successful i was thinking of maybe imitating some other famous artworks?? I don't have the time/energy for anything as elaborate as what i did yesterday but still. i was thinking of maybe tuuri or mikkel or someone who hasn't gotten as many fanarts as, say, reynir, lalli and emil................ maybe i can force myself to open an art history book with this in mind

plEASE DO
SOMETHING CRAZY DRAMATIC FOR SIGRUN EVENTUALLY?? this was a fantastic idea just. *claps*
YEET

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1715 on: March 25, 2015, 10:38:25 AM »
I'll just add this to the rising tide of Reynir fan-art. I wanted to welcome him into the comic, the fandom, and my heart properly. I know a lot of people have been saying this, but I love his name way more than I expected. I feel like I've met him for real and now we can be in love friends. (It can't be healthy to get this attached to fictional characters)
Anyways, here's my pretend boyfriend Reynir.

HOLY WHAT.
Oh my god.
Please draw the entire rest of the cast now. I need human!Emil in my life.

haha whos this fruit loop
(also thank u all for ur kind words on The Sigrun hhhhhfgjhig i cry everyone has such gorgeous art)
Dammit, now we need like, a fake anime opening sequence for this webcomic.

Too much good art! Just... too much D: How do you all expect me to deal with this?
*hugs every post on this thread until arms fall off*
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1716 on: March 25, 2015, 10:45:38 AM »
plEASE DO
SOMETHING CRAZY DRAMATIC FOR SIGRUN EVENTUALLY?? this was a fantastic idea just. *claps*
omg
what if I did Delacroix' Liberty Leading the People for sigrun
like. sigrun with a knife raised high and stepping over splorpy troll carcasses
that sounds like so much work hahahahah ha ha
OR
Artemisia Gentileschi's Judith Slaying Holofernes (gore warning for this one)
or some other version of judith?? there are hundreds of paintings of judith looking very smug with a chopped off head
OR
the napoleon painting or some painting of joan of arc or....... there are many dramatic paintings to choose from ahahaha

I really wanna do something with tuuri because she has wayy too little fanart (I have drawn. so many sigruns. so many) but her body type isn't exactly very conventional throughout western art history motifs............. not that I care. I just need to find something that works for her role somehow

edit: HANG ON

I overlooked the Most Obvious
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:01:41 AM by Haiz »

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1717 on: March 25, 2015, 11:12:41 AM »
Where does one Braid begin or end? CONFIRMED! BRAIDY IS ONE GIANT BRAID!

Accurate.

Piney: yessss give us all the cute Reynirs! I keep thinking there actually are four clones of Reynir in that pic and when they try to move apart they'll notice their braids have tangled in the most best awesomest way.

I started to think that myself when I was drawing it. The "help me" could also be interpreted as "help me untangle this" :)

Piney: I really love everything about these pictures they are On Point

Hee, really? thanks ^v^

I really wanna do something with tuuri because she has wayy too little fanart (I have drawn. so many sigruns. so many) but her body type isn't exactly very conventional throughout western art history motifs............. not that I care. I just need to find something that works for her role somehow

I was going to say maybe something like a Rubens but oh gosh Tuuri Lisa will be adorable.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1718 on: March 25, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »

Yesss please, we need a lot more Tuuri fanart! I know virtually nothing about art history, but somehow I thought of this? Maybe because of the cat...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1719 on: March 25, 2015, 11:20:06 AM »
omg
what if I did Delacroix' Liberty Leading the People for sigrun
like. sigrun with a knife raised high and stepping over splorpy troll carcasses
that sounds like so much work hahahahah ha ha
OR
Artemisia Gentileschi's Judith Slaying Holofernes (gore warning for this one)
or some other version of judith?? there are hundreds of paintings of judith looking very smug with a chopped off head
OR
the napoleon painting or some painting of joan of arc or....... there are many dramatic paintings to choose from ahahaha

I WAS GOING TO SUGGEST LIBERTY LEADING THE PEOPLE OMG I feel this would be pERFECT with our Most Best Captain and maybe the Emil and Lalli to the left. yes. splorpy troll carcasses are best
and Tuuri as Mona Lisa would be so cute please do this I need
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1720 on: March 25, 2015, 11:22:50 AM »
Yesss please, we need a lot more Tuuri fanart! I know virtually nothing about art history, but somehow I thought of this? Maybe because of the cat...
I know, right? and oh gosh that's a perfect painting!! Although I was thinking more of Very Recognizable ones, but ahh thanks for showing me this

I was going to say maybe something like a Rubens but oh gosh Tuuri Lisa will be adorable.
Ha, I too was thinking Rubens when it hit me

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #1721 on: March 25, 2015, 12:49:36 PM »

Heyo! Reynir is just the most awesomest name ever. Sorry for the low amount of effort on this drawing (I'm sick  :'().
I just immediately thought this scene up as a prediction for the next page.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1722 on: March 25, 2015, 01:00:50 PM »

Heyo! Reynir is just the most awesomest name ever. Sorry for the low amount of effort on this drawing (I'm sick  :'().

Oh, Emil <3 this is seriously what I expect tomorrow! *Sends tea and blankets to speed up recovery*

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #1723 on: March 25, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »

I love it! (and immediately hope it will happen) I especially like Emil's face. He's so cute when he's angry.

HOLY WHAT.
Oh my god.
Please draw the entire rest of the cast now. I need human!Emil in my life.

Hehe :) Emil would be fun to do in realism. I'll keep in mind that you want me to do him next. I just need to find a good reference photo.... >_> *hunts-on-internet*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:54:32 PM by Peraphelion »
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #1724 on: March 25, 2015, 01:17:09 PM »
Oh, Emil <3 this is seriously what I expect tomorrow! *Sends tea and blankets to speed up recovery*
Thank you! I am currently wrapped in a TARDIS blanket but by all means, I could use more  ;)