Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483832 times)

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1680 on: March 24, 2015, 06:41:23 PM »
Haiz, thanks to you and your inner Botticelli - I can't stop laughing and it's a really problem! XD

Solovei, thank you, especially for having reminded about Arni, he's a great character :3

freddiethefantastic omg, thaaaanks!  *^_^*

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1681 on: March 24, 2015, 06:43:45 PM »
So much art! So little time to comment! I don't know where to start! *throws leftover cookies to all of you in lieu of compliments*

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1682 on: March 24, 2015, 06:45:26 PM »
Hey, guys, your imagination it's something unbelievably cool! This applies to every person here.
Sweatered Braidy, Steampunk!Braidy, perfect sparkling robot (blue hair suits him :D )... Gosh. I can't even list ALL OF YOUR EXCELLENT ART.
As for me, I couldn't have ignore Solovei request too. Àrni Reynisson :3
I hadn't noticed before how handsome he is! Not that I was able to draw it properly... Don't care.

And one more piece of... *ahem* fanart. I know, I shouldn't post it, because this drawing needs to be repainted. Maybe one day... Eh, no, lie is a mortal sin. So that, happy parents. Happy children. Happy family. Speaking about socks... I'm so sorry.

Oh man this makes me so happy!!! I love the prologue characters so much and Árni looks so pretty! now we see where braidy gets his looks. what cuties (and I agree with freddiethefantastic the second one is so my family)

AS FOR ME
I scanned and coloured the Thing

I love the smoke coming from behin d them Emil is so frazzled oh my god

Aaaaaaand
inspired by a conversation with Curry about the indignificance (is that a word) of Braidy's true appearance in the comic......
I have brought out my inner Botticelli
it's not oil on canvas but it'll do

I've been excited about this all day you have no idea

(((my photoshop colouring is a little drab, so if by any chance someone wants to try colouring any of these a bit better, I can post/send the black and white versions)))

SO HAVE I THIS IS PERFECT THERE IS NO OTHER WAY FOR THIS MOMENT TO BE REPRESENTED
I LOVE
((and i would love to try and add a halo to the background around braidy's head?? i love your coloring on his hair though hhhh))
edit: misaccented Árni's name like a Very Intelligent Individual
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:57:32 PM by Curry »
YEET

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1683 on: March 24, 2015, 06:50:32 PM »

omfg this is literally the greatest thing ever

you have my eternal respect

There is so much great art here and I can't comment on it all individually but just know that it's great and that I love every single one of you

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1684 on: March 24, 2015, 06:51:19 PM »
Whenever I come here the thread is full of more awesome arts - you guys are awesome. :3

Haiz: that Braidy picture was both beautiful and unexpected. :D

mad robin: That's the Árniest Árni ever, you captured his worried look perfectly!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #1685 on: March 24, 2015, 06:58:12 PM »

Oh my gosh cutiessssssss!!!!!! I literally love his face so much, like expression game too strong! Also the bg is pretty rad looking!!
Your Braidy is actually now my aesthetic, he looks like some kind of majestic ocean prince I love it. Also those waves though?? So so pretty

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1686 on: March 24, 2015, 07:09:20 PM »
Haiz, thanks to you and your inner Botticelli - I can't stop laughing and it's a really problem! XD
well, I've been giggling uncontrollably about it all day myself, so if I made someone else laugh mission accomplished

I love the smoke coming from behin d them Emil is so frazzled oh my god

SO HAVE I THIS IS PERFECT THERE IS NO OTHER WAY FOR THIS MOMENT TO BE REPRESENTED
I LOVE
((and i would love to try and add a halo to the background around braidy's head?? i love your coloring on his hair though hhhh))
AAA THANKS
If I was any good with photoshop brushes I would have made the Most Glorious smoke in the first pic, and the Most Glorious clouds and sunshine and halos and WHAT HAVE YOU, but alas. had I tried it would have looker very weird. maybe in the future
(also I was a little bit too excited to actually work properly on background WOOPS)

omfg this is literally the greatest thing ever

you have my eternal respect
I shall treasure your respect forever omg thank you

Whenever I come here the thread is full of more awesome arts - you guys are awesome. :3

Haiz: that Braidy picture was both beautiful and unexpected. :D
SUCCESS
thank you!!!

Oh my gosh cutiessssssss!!!!!! I literally love his face so much, like expression game too strong! Also the bg is pretty rad looking!!
Your Braidy is actually now my aesthetic, he looks like some kind of majestic ocean prince I love it. Also those waves though?? So so pretty
aaah thanks!!! i'm glad you like the background, hee

not so much a majestic ocean prince as a goddess of love and beauty borne of the waves
........ me, a humble art history student shamelessly ripped off Botticelli's Birth of Venus here
hence the giggling
you'll know where to find me.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #1687 on: March 24, 2015, 07:10:41 PM »
*sigh* Okay long time, no see here is a picture i have been working on my spare time at my art class...

Long time no art FinnishViking ^_^ Good to see your stuff again! This is a pretty awesome picture, epic in fact, it must have been really fun to draw!

Hey, guys, your imagination it's something unbelievably cool! This applies to every person here.
Sweatered Braidy, Steampunk!Braidy, perfect sparkling robot (blue hair suits him :D )... Gosh. I can't even list ALL OF YOUR EXCELLENT ART.
As for me, I couldn't have ignore Solovei request too. Àrni Reynisson :3
I hadn't noticed before how handsome he is! Not that I was able to draw it properly... Don't care.

And one more piece of... *ahem* fanart. I know, I shouldn't post it, because this drawing needs to be repainted. Maybe one day... Eh, no, lie is a mortal sin. So that, happy parents. Happy children. Happy family. Speaking about socks... I'm so sorry.

Eeeeeeekkkkkk! this is wonderful and don't you dare say otherwise  >:( Happy family has me giggling so much, and poor Àrni really needs more love. I'm drawing my own piece for him as well, but yours has already blown it out of the water (which I'm totally okay with because it is so awesome  ;D )
ahhh I was going to take advantage of the Forum Silence and post a DOUBLE ART UPDATE, but mad robin managed to swoosh into it before me with these super amazing arts oh my gosh, which means you guys get EXTRA DOUBLE ART UPDATE.

the Àrni is great, I love the background and colours and aaahhh everything
and aaahhh cute Västerstöms!!!!
!!!!!!!

AS FOR ME
I scanned and coloured the Thing

Aaaaaaand
inspired by a conversation with Curry about the indignificance (is that a word) of Braidy's true appearance in the comic......
I have brought out my inner Botticelli
it's not oil on canvas but it'll do

I've been excited about this all day you have no idea

(((my photoshop colouring is a little drab, so if by any chance someone wants to try colouring any of these a bit better, I can post/send the black and white versions)))

The thiiiiiing! I can totally see this happening and that makes it even more wonderful. Bwahaha, Emil looks completely exhausted carrying his friend, and Lalli is not the most cooperative unconscious mage by far!
Braidy now, I don't think I have anything to say to express my feeling for this, because words sometimes don't do awesomness credit :P (I may have laughted quite a lot in a very short time here)

Anyway, joining on the Braidy appreciation bandwagon here is my contribution. I almost feel bad bringing the standard of the art of this thread down to my level, but tough luck, you guys are just going to have to deal with it :P Heheh, anyway, after this page's freakout (I'll maybe edit this to have a caption from Emil's "are you done freaking out?"- "yes,  wasn't freaking out" moment, because that was EXACTLY what happened!) I just HAD to draw something. I'm pretty sure you can all sympathise with this  ;) Just remember, after this when we're drawing pictures of him we'll be referring to him BY HIS REAL NAME! That's going to be strange.....

You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1688 on: March 24, 2015, 07:19:16 PM »
The thiiiiiing! I can totally see this happening and that makes it even more wonderful. Bwahaha, Emil looks completely exhausted carrying his friend, and Lalli is not the most cooperative unconscious mage by far!
Braidy now, I don't think I have anything to say to express my feeling for this, because words sometimes don't do awesomness credit :P (I may have laughted quite a lot in a very short time here)

Anyway, joining on the Braidy appreciation bandwagon here is my contribution. I almost feel bad bringing the standard of the art of this thread down to my level, but tough luck, you guys are just going to have to deal with it :P Heheh, anyway, after this page's freakout (I'll maybe edit this to have a caption from Emil's "are you done freaking out?"- "yes,  wasn't freaking out" moment, because that was EXACTLY what happened!) I just HAD to draw something. I'm pretty sure you can all sympathise with this  ;) Just remember, after this when we're drawing pictures of him we'll be referring to him BY HIS REAL NAME! That's going to be strange.....

first of all, thank you!!! I'm so happy it made you laugh

and second of all YOOOOOooo what is this self deprecation (says I), this is one fantastic braidy!!! Is that *gasps* Real Life Paint?? I love the way you coloured the clothes and the hair, goshhhhh. not to mention the frECKLES

and omg we might know his real name in a few hours even??? what the actual heck

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1689 on: March 24, 2015, 07:47:33 PM »
Anyway, joining on the Braidy appreciation bandwagon here is my contribution

Oh wooowww. I am seriously jealous of you and your ability to portray bone structure :DDD Also, those colors are amazing!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #1690 on: March 24, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »
first of all, thank you!!! I'm so happy it made you laugh

and second of all YOOOOOooo what is this self deprecation (says I), this is one fantastic braidy!!! Is that *gasps* Real Life Paint?? I love the way you coloured the clothes and the hair, goshhhhh. not to mention the frECKLES

and omg we might know his real name in a few hours even??? what the actual heck

Self deprecation is just how I talk sorry to say. I think it may be a side effect of being raised in the UK, but it's mostly a "welp, that was dreadful, and looks like everything is going to be terrible from now on, but who cares I'll go make some cake and share it with everyone" mindset I've somehow managed to develp.

I'm glad you like my Braidy however ^_^ and yes that is real paint. Acryllic is my most favouritest, but seeing as I don't have a set with me at uni most of my stuff are watercolour pencils, which are easier to use and carry. Never got round to this digital art malarkey unfortunately due to not having any kind of tablet/software/anything, which is a shame because there just SO MUCH you can do with it! Maybe someday......

As for finding out his name, there is a dangerously large part of me that just wants to stay up for an update, even though it's really late here >"< must resist...... sleep is good.... name will still be there in the morning.....nnnngggghhh.... must resist!

Oh wooowww. I am seriously jealous of you and your ability to portray bone structure :DDD Also, those colors are amazing!

Erm, I may have looked at skeleton pictures when drawing this to get it right, is that a bit morbid? It's just that Minna said a while ago when someone asked for art advice that when drawing people you should know what's happening beneath the skin, where the bones and muscles are, and where fat is likely to accumulate etc, and I kinda took it to heart when trying to get better. Well anyway, I'm glad it shows  ;D
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1691 on: March 24, 2015, 08:10:43 PM »
Self deprecation is just how I talk sorry to say. I think it may be a side effect of being raised in the UK, but it's mostly a "welp, that was dreadful, and looks like everything is going to be terrible from now on, but who cares I'll go make some cake and share it with everyone" mindset I've somehow managed to develp.

I'm glad you like my Braidy however ^_^ and yes that is real paint. Acryllic is my most favouritest, but seeing as I don't have a set with me at uni most of my stuff are watercolour pencils, which are easier to use and carry. Never got round to this digital art malarkey unfortunately due to not having any kind of tablet/software/anything, which is a shame because there just SO MUCH you can do with it! Maybe someday......

As for finding out his name, there is a dangerously large part of me that just wants to stay up for an update, even though it's really late here >"< must resist...... sleep is good.... name will still be there in the morning.....nnnngggghhh.... must resist!

Erm, I may have looked at skeleton pictures when drawing this to get it right, is that a bit morbid? It's just that Minna said a while ago when someone asked for art advice that when drawing people you should know what's happening beneath the skin, where the bones and muscles are, and where fat is likely to accumulate etc, and I kinda took it to heart when trying to get better. Well anyway, I'm glad it shows  ;D

ahh I have no business picking on other's self deprecation, the way I talk, but I have some feral instinct when people talk down their own art, I'll just pop out of nowhere all NO DON'T SAY THAT
...... but your mindset seems pretty chill. better than my 'thinks everyone secretly thinks i'm annoying' and 'knows how incredibly annoying it is for everyone that you're afraid of annoying them all the time' anxieties, haa....

traditional art is great!!! i swear to inks and watercolours, myself. (Dunno whose idea it was to give me a white desk, though.) digital art seems pretty neat but I always end up pretty frustrated and hating technology because there's always SOMETHING that doesn't work for me - my tablet doesn't want to work at the same time as Paint Tool SAI does, for example. Oooor the pen pressure disappears for no reason in FireAlpaca. With Real Life Ink i know where I stand, and I know what I can do. So there's that.

also yes using references are the Most Best advice!!! I've had so many tabs with reference pictures open today, you have no idea.

I am most definitely going to bed now, though, g'night folks

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1692 on: March 24, 2015, 08:13:19 PM »
Acryllic is my most favouritest, but seeing as I don't have a set with me at uni most of my stuff are watercolour pencils, which are easier to use and carry. Never got round to this digital art malarkey unfortunately due to not having any kind of tablet/software/anything, which is a shame because there just SO MUCH you can do with it! Maybe someday......
I actually love acrylic! I have like 2 experience with watercolor pencils and they seem fun but wow, it looks really good!
Ehe, I have a cheap tablet and second-hand photoshop that I'm only just getting used to now but it's actually really fun?

Your Braidy is super cute by the way!! eeee just a couple more hours until we hopefully learn his name
YEET

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #1693 on: March 24, 2015, 08:15:23 PM »

aaah thanks!!! i'm glad you like the background, hee

not so much a majestic ocean prince as a goddess of love and beauty borne of the waves
........ me, a humble art history student shamelessly ripped off Botticelli's Birth of Venus here
hence the giggling
Oh my goodness I am so ashamed at myself for not knowing that, it's so on point, Braidy: Goddess of Beauty, borne of the waves, this is the only way I will be able to think of him from now! Kinda want to draw some Venus/Braidy now, kinda want to sleep?? Maybe I'll do it eventually

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1694 on: March 24, 2015, 08:53:01 PM »
I'm sketching out all of the comic I mentioned a long time ago (alternate way for Braidy to be introduced) and honestly I cannot wait for it to be finished because

there is no way a comic with braidy making this face will be bad
(what on earth am I doing with my life)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 03:15:43 PM by Curry »
YEET