Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484608 times)

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1440 on: March 17, 2015, 12:48:16 PM »
Lars wrote this little thing in the comments on page 269:

Debriefer: "Ms. Hotakainen, lets return to your records on day 2 of the expedition"

Tuuri: "Yes... Our first venture into a more built up area... to check structural integrity of buildings and to see what roads where still usable
and to document some of the actions taken in Copenhagen year 0. Did you see my sketches of the barriers that was put up and..."

Debriefer: "Yes yes... we have read pages 10 to 32 and seen your excellent drawings. I was just wondering about the relevance of this Photograph No 1,
a Photograph I might add we spent very valuable resources to develop, one of only 72 of the entire Mission"

Tuuri lunges for the picture: "Did it turn out good! YES! mmmhmmm that is really... ehhh sorry what was the question?"

Stunned Debriefer mutters: "I wish I could understand that reaction, a large part of our Staff have been caught making unofficial copies of No 1..."

Debriefer: "Anyway!... could you explain why u took it, the notes are very vague"

Tuuri, blushing and stuttering: "Well... u see... field decontamination during cold weather with limited recourses..."

Debriefer: "Yes, all that is of course interesting since we normally don't fight Trolls during winter, but this image... Even if I must say that from a technical viewpoint that it captures the scene very well even if the setting sun must have made taking it a bit difficult... Anyway... can you"

Tuuri, excited mumbling: "yesyesyes, that is exactly how I remember the sun capturing the still damp hair... aww... I still have that blanket somewhere daawwww... look how small they look all huddled together under that big bla.."

Tuuri: "I will of course need a copy of this for my personal archive... mmmhhhhmmmmmmmm... what was the question again?"

So here is Photograph No. 1
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1441 on: March 17, 2015, 12:59:39 PM »

Yesssssssss! So much adorable :3 Lalli's sleepy face, and the huddling together for warmth, and Emil's wet hair, and the their feet must be soooooo cold……

Can someone please invent a warning label for whenever posts like these turn up. While death by adorableness overdose is quite a nice way to go, it would be nice to be warned so that you can live to see more adorableness another day :P
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1442 on: March 17, 2015, 01:13:49 PM »
hotograph No. 1

ooooooooooooh noooo oh no oh noooo this is adorable
also wow really good? like the shadows and colours and stuff??? the blANKET?? wow??? also I feel really bad for their bare feet
also you cpatured the feeling really well? I haven't been scavenging for books in a troll nest but with my class I've been on snowcave sleepovers and kayak trips so I feel I can relate
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:18:26 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #1443 on: March 17, 2015, 03:14:44 PM »

gahhhhhhh this is the most adorable thing <3 Also, dat colouring, son
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1444 on: March 17, 2015, 03:32:11 PM »

This is super adorable, but I have to say that what amazed me the most was THE LIGHT. Because seriously, the highlights/shadows on that blanket are AMAZING. Give yourself a high five from me, because that is some incredible artwork right there

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1445 on: March 17, 2015, 03:35:23 PM »

This is stunning! I love the story that went along with it and how well the picture fits the story. The texture of the blankets is absolutely amazing and I love how Lalli seems to be falling asleep on Emil's shoulder ahhh
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1446 on: March 17, 2015, 03:37:21 PM »
aaaaaa I don't wanna interrupt the blanket party I have a baby sigrun

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #1447 on: March 17, 2015, 03:49:39 PM »

Beware the most bestest viking of the playground! She's exactly what I though she must have been in her early years. Excellent!  ;D
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1448 on: March 17, 2015, 03:51:47 PM »

Oh my gosh, child! Literally! She's so cute and also presumably dangerous (is that a real weapon? somehow I think it is) I can't
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1449 on: March 17, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »
(is that a real weapon? somehow I think it is)

uh I intended for it to be a real weapon but it looks a little small.... to be fair, I intended for the ship to be a lot bigger too, so it looks like she's doing DANGEROUS THINGS, dangling high above the sea and her parents are slightly distressed at the side, but alas.
Viking axes are kinda cool tho, I saw a demonstration on how they were used once and there were lotsa techniques... like hooking it behind your opponent's shield and flip it away from them

also thanks!!!! sigrun is indeed the bestest viking

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1450 on: March 17, 2015, 04:12:01 PM »

A baby? All I see is Odin's chosen warrior, champion of Aurland - And a very nice drawing.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1451 on: March 17, 2015, 05:02:28 PM »
THEY'RE FINALLY DONE I CAN REST IN PEACE
Long post warning!

Tuuri is actually adorable and drawing this only convinced me further. Since her face is kind of round and plain without much to break it up I decided to add a bit of blush (and then the blue eyes were to balance out pinks).

Look, he's actually making faces. I had started to run out of weird ways to write their names by this point, so weird modern illegible handwriting it is. He was actually pretty fun to draw! Him and his weird uncomfortable sideburns aha
what a kawaii desu candle no wonder he hates it

Braidy is adorable and I love drawing him. That's probably why I drew him making so many faces. (I think he has the most out of them all?) Also, I really can't wait to learn his name so I can write it in fancy script instead of just "Braidy" because Braidy is adorable but also kind of dumb...
YEET

Ammerynth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1452 on: March 17, 2015, 05:08:21 PM »
There's so much amazing stuff being posted here I can't possibly comment on each individually but they're all SO. GREAT. Wow. *.*
Native: :uk:
Learning: :france: :sweden:
Survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #1453 on: March 17, 2015, 05:09:40 PM »

Mikkel stole my heart. Again.
This gothic font for Braidy seems just impossible. You must have used some kind of ancient magic to cope with it :P
And yes, Braidy is indeed so adorable and fun to draw :)
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1454 on: March 17, 2015, 05:14:28 PM »

Tuuri is actually adorable and drawing this only convinced me further. Since her face is kind of round and plain without much to break it up I decided to add a bit of blush (and then the blue eyes were to balance out pinks).

Mikkel: Look, he's actually making faces. I had started to run out of weird ways to write their names by this point, so weird modern illegible handwriting it is. He was actually pretty fun to draw! Him and his weird uncomfortable sideburns aha

I love the "smirking at his own dumb dad jokes."  So perfect.  And the way you drew his sideburns... mmm.  They look soft and not at all prickly.

Braidy is adorable and I love drawing him. That's probably why I drew him making so many faces.

My very favorite is the giant-pupil'd "Catnip is intense, man" face.  Imagine if he and Lalli get into Mikkel's stash...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: