Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484372 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1425 on: March 16, 2015, 11:25:26 AM »
Lalli is building himself a safe place with his imaginary friend  :D
*or "Braidy plops in unexpectedly as Lalli is constructing his nap-raft". I'm sure Braidy will insist on helping once Lalli is past the initial confusion however ^_^

The mage clothes are supposed to look a bit too big on Lalli (and Braidy as well, but you can only really see the cloak so I guess it isn't that obvious :/ ) because I figured that clothes may not be that easy to come by in the spirit realm, and a policy of "eh, he'll grow into it eventually" was probably in place. In my head the clothes would be either made by the mage themselves, or handed down from other mages, but who knows if we'll ever find out for sure :)
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1426 on: March 16, 2015, 11:36:02 AM »
I would like to say that I just "threw this together really quick", but in reality it took me the better part of 5 hours. :/ I'm pretty slow when it comes to drawing, because I'm never satisfied with the art and keep tweaking, so I'm just going to call it done and post it to save my aching hand.
I was inspired by the conversation happening in the crossover thread. I'm not into Pokemon personally, but I have a thing for people and their animal counterparts, so the "who would have what pokemon" comments inspired me. I had to draw Lalli with Espeon. I might do the rest of the team if I feel like I have time to spare for it later.

Yeeeees, Moar Team!  :D :D ;D
Feel free to PM.

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #1427 on: March 16, 2015, 12:47:05 PM »
Lalli is building himself a safe place with his imaginary friend  :D
*or "Braidy plops in unexpectedly as Lalli is constructing his nap-raft". I'm sure Braidy will insist on helping once Lalli is past the initial confusion however ^_^

The mage clothes are supposed to look a bit too big on Lalli (and Braidy as well, but you can only really see the cloak so I guess it isn't that obvious :/ ) because I figured that clothes may not be that easy to come by in the spirit realm, and a policy of "eh, he'll grow into it eventually" was probably in place. In my head the clothes would be either made by the mage themselves, or handed down from other mages, but who knows if we'll ever find out for sure :)

Aw.... what a couple of cuties. I like the theory on the mage clothes. :D I've been tossing thoughts on that around as well, just for fun.

Yeeeees, Moar Team!  :D :D ;D

Haha XD Ok. I'll try. I loved your recommendation for Espeon, so thanks for making it. I'll have fun picking out other counterparts for the rest of the team from the comments on the thread.
Haha, his outfit already makes him look like he belongs in a Pokemon game! And I love the Grade A cat collar on it~

Riiiiight? I love how well Lalli's "relaxing at the Cattank" outfit worked for this.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1428 on: March 16, 2015, 02:50:59 PM »

Aw.... what a couple of cuties. I like the theory on the mage clothes. :D I've been tossing thoughts on that around as well, just for fun.

Thanks Paraphelion. I really don't think Lalli and Braidy can be drawn in a non-adorable way however (que all the ssss fan artists attempting to disprove this and failing miserably :P )
Your pokemon drawing really got me laughing (but in a "this is just wonderful" way of course) ^_^, kinda reminds me of the ARTD vote bait picture of Hannu as a pokemon trainer with Ville as his pokemon. It's in the old SSSS blog posts if you weren't around then and would like to see  ;D
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #1429 on: March 16, 2015, 03:55:03 PM »
kinda reminds me of the ARTD vote bait picture of Hannu as a pokemon trainer with Ville as his pokemon. It's in the old SSSS blog posts if you weren't around then and would like to see  ;D

I might have seen it years ago, but I'll have to go back and refresh my memory. :D
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #1430 on: March 16, 2015, 05:58:00 PM »
Yikes, the speed of filling up of this thread is progressing geometrically!  :o
And speaking of crossovers... My niece has been watching Maya the Bee, and now I have this strongest association. Sadly, I'm too busy (well, mostly lazy, but busy too) to sit down and draw properly, so forgive its messiness and a total lack of background. And just forgive this thing in general  :D
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1431 on: March 16, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »
And speaking of crossovers... My niece has been watching Maya the Bee, and now I have this strongest association. Sadly, I'm too busy (well, mostly lazy, but busy too) to sit down and draw properly, so forgive its messiness and a total lack of background. And just forgive this thing in general  :D

It's certainly one of the stranger crossovers thus far. Don't know what you mean about "messiness" though, because this looks very professional.
Tuuri has the perfect body type for this too.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1432 on: March 16, 2015, 06:08:44 PM »

I am conflicted. This is really very very cute, and perfect for Tuuri, but it's also brought back lots of childhood horrors. I don't know why, but for some reason I got really traumatized by Maya.
Am notified of private messages via email.

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #1433 on: March 16, 2015, 06:14:05 PM »
It's certainly one of the stranger crossovers thus far. Don't know what you mean about "messiness" though, because this looks very professional.
Tuuri has the perfect body type for this too.
I am conflicted. This is really very very cute, and perfect for Tuuri, but it's also brought back lots of childhood horrors. I don't know why, but for some reason I got really traumatized by Maya.
Thank you :) Maybe I'm too critical, but I can see places where I should have done better.
And funny thing, I've never seen Maya on the TV when I was a kid. I didn't even know about her until my niece became old enough to enjoy cartoons. Although my older sister remembers the series pretty well, and we have a rather big age gap  :o
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1434 on: March 16, 2015, 06:27:47 PM »

aaa that's adorable
I haven't seen Maya the Bee but it reminds me of this so maybe it's not the strangest crossover there is
you'll know where to find me.

Oliga

« Reply #1435 on: March 17, 2015, 06:18:29 AM »

I don't know what the Maya the Bee, but Tuuri looks great in this role anyway  ;)

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1436 on: March 17, 2015, 07:34:41 AM »
Sleepy, tired-after-a-long-day drawings are the weirdest drawings it seems.... *yawns*

I'm probably going to wonder what the blazes I was trying to accomplish if I look at this again after some sleep haha XD
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Oliga

« Reply #1437 on: March 17, 2015, 07:57:27 AM »
Sleepy, tired-after-a-long-day drawings are the weirdest drawings it seems.... *yawns*

I'm probably going to wonder what the blazes I was trying to accomplish if I look at this again after some sleep haha XD
I LOVE IT.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1438 on: March 17, 2015, 11:16:27 AM »

I can't even explain with words how fun this is.
"I caught this..."
Also, your cat doodles are the cutest.  The sleepy cats at the top look very well done, like something in a kid's book or a newspaper comic.
Feel free to PM.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1439 on: March 17, 2015, 11:56:55 AM »

awww these are adorable! I feel like every cat picture ever can be turned into a Lalli picture, because who even needs human references?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden: