Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484174 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1260 on: March 08, 2015, 04:00:15 PM »
Uff... It's me again, this time with Sigrun  :)
Probably, I should redraw this picture later, because it different from other happy-spring portraits, but i like it anyway .___.

"Don't let these flowers fool you!"

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1261 on: March 08, 2015, 04:10:39 PM »
Probably, I should redraw this picture later, because it different from other happy-spring portraits, but i like it anyway .___.

I like it too! She looks like she's daring you to do something :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1262 on: March 08, 2015, 04:34:30 PM »

YEAH! It's so... Sigrun-esque cx

Oliga

« Reply #1263 on: March 08, 2015, 04:40:42 PM »
Wow, she looks beautiful... and TERRIFYING XD Like it's just a matter of time before she kills you, accidentaly or in purpose :P
Ooh no, she not gonna kill you, just shot in the knee! As long as you not a troll... In this case, it`s not limited to knee  ;)

"Don't let these flowers fool you!"
Yeeep, such deceptive flowers =P

Thank you! I wanted her to look this way  :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:42:51 PM by Oliga »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1264 on: March 08, 2015, 04:51:24 PM »

I like this.  A lot!  I agree with the other commenters about how beautiful *and* terrifying she looks.

Do the red carnations have any significance, other than matching her hair?  I know carnations = mourning/condolence flowers in a lot of Latin American countries (and probably in Europe).  Any connection to "your impending death if you mess with me"?   ;)

Here in the U.S., carnations have no particular significance other than being a common and very inexpensive florist bloom, so a bouquet of carnations is about the cheapest floral tribute you can give.  (e.g. you almost forgot Mother's Day, so grabbed the last bouquet at the supermarket...) They don't grow wild anywhere in the U.S. (AFAIK), in contrast to the lilies, hyacinths, etc., you drew previously, which have naturalized throughout colder parts of the country.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Oliga

« Reply #1265 on: March 08, 2015, 06:00:04 PM »
I like this.  A lot!  I agree with the other commenters about how beautiful *and* terrifying she looks.

Do the red carnations have any significance, other than matching her hair?  I know carnations = mourning/condolence flowers in a lot of Latin American countries (and probably in Europe).  Any connection to "your impending death if you mess with me"?   ;)

Here in the U.S., carnations have no particular significance other than being a common and very inexpensive florist bloom, so a bouquet of carnations is about the cheapest floral tribute you can give.  (e.g. you almost forgot Mother's Day, so grabbed the last bouquet at the supermarket...) They don't grow wild anywhere in the U.S. (AFAIK), in contrast to the lilies, hyacinths, etc., you drew previously, which have naturalized throughout colder parts of the country.
Thank you!
In Russia, red carnation is a symbol of victory in WWII in the first place, but nowadays you can give it to any soldier, not only to veteran (actually, you can give it only  to soldier, in any other case it can be a cause of confusion). Sigrun is a true warrior lady, so I thought this flower will suit for her. Also red carnations look like little explosions for me, and Sigrun has an explosive nature.
(Well, I hope I did not made any glaring mistakes in this text.. My english is still awful :()
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:08:09 AM by Oliga »

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #1266 on: March 08, 2015, 06:08:42 PM »
In Russia, red carnation is a symbol of victory in WWII in the first place, but nowadays you can give it to any soldier, not only to veteran (actually, you can give it only to soldier, in another case it can be cause of confusion). Sigrun is a true warrior lady, so I thought this flower will suit for her.

And I was wondering if you chose red carnations intentionally. My first associations with these flowers are old Victory Day postcards. Well, the flowers match not only her hair, as you've said  ;D
Although I've never heard that you can give these flowers only to soldiers :P On the other hand, I've also never seen anybody giving red carnations to anyone but veterans. Other colors seem to be fine, though, and there usually are pretty bouquets in the flower shops.
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Oliga

« Reply #1267 on: March 08, 2015, 06:34:07 PM »
And I was wondering if you chose red carnations intentionally. My first associations with these flowers are old Victory Day postcards. Well, the flowers match not only her hair, as you've said  ;D
Although I've never heard that you can give these flowers only to soldiers :P On the other hand, I've also never seen anybody giving red carnations to anyone but veterans. Other colors seem to be fine, though, and there usually are pretty bouquets in the flower shops.
Hmm, I was sure, it is 23 february flower too... At least I pretty much often see postcard with it  ???
Anyway, I wanted make some soldier parallels, not WWII.
And explosions. Explosions in the first place  :)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1268 on: March 08, 2015, 09:08:04 PM »
Thank you!
In Russia, red carnation is a symbol of victory in WWII in the first place, but nowadays you can give it to any soldier, not only to veteran (actually, you can give it only  to soldier, in another case it can be cause of confusion). Sigrun is a true warrior lady, so I thought this flower will suit for her. Also red carnations looks like little explosions for me, and Sigrun has explosive nature.
(Well, I hope I did not made any glaring mistakes in this text.. My english is still awful :()
It makes perfect sense, don't worry! :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #1269 on: March 08, 2015, 09:54:50 PM »

Gasp! PRETTY!  ;D  http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=301.0;)
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #1270 on: March 09, 2015, 12:34:01 AM »

But carnations have been recommended as the best plant to grow indoors because they give off so much oxygen. It has yet to be taken to heart widely but I plan to plant some in pots soon.

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #1271 on: March 09, 2015, 12:49:14 AM »
Thank you!
In Russia, red carnation is a symbol of victory in WWII in the first place, but nowadays you can give it to any soldier, not only to veteran (actually, you can give it only  to soldier, in another case it can be cause of confusion). Sigrun is a true warrior lady, so I thought this flower will suit for her. Also red carnations looks like little explosions for me, and Sigrun has explosive nature.

Not bad, better than my rusty German. In place of "another case", "any other case" would be more precise.
"... it can be cause of confusion)."  to "....it can be a cause of confusion)."
Also red carnations looks like little explosions for me'... to either "Also red carnations look like little explosions for me,..." or "Also the red carnation looks like a little explosion for me'...
      Verbs and nouns have to agree in singular or plural forms.
"...Sigrun has explosive nature." to "...Sigrun has an explosive nature."
      "an" is used instead of "a" when the word that follows it (either adverb, adjective or noun) starts with a vowel.

Can you tell I home schooled my daughters for 5 years? Like I said you are better than my rusty German. I know I slaughter the conjugations of the verbs now. And I was once fluent. Sigh.

Oliga

« Reply #1272 on: March 09, 2015, 05:39:10 AM »
Not bad, better than my rusty German. In place of "another case", "any other case" would be more precise.
"... it can be cause of confusion)."  to "....it can be a cause of confusion)."
Also red carnations looks like little explosions for me'... to either "Also red carnations look like little explosions for me,..." or "Also the red carnation looks like a little explosion for me'...
      Verbs and nouns have to agree in singular or plural forms.
"...Sigrun has explosive nature." to "...Sigrun has an explosive nature."
      "an" is used instead of "a" when the word that follows it (either adverb, adjective or noun) starts with a vowel.

Can you tell I home schooled my daughters for 5 years? Like I said you are better than my rusty German. I know I slaughter the conjugations of the verbs now. And I was once fluent. Sigh.
Wow, it looks useful, thank you! I always forget about a/an :-[
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:01:46 AM by Oliga »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1273 on: March 09, 2015, 07:04:18 AM »
Daring someone to fight her hand to hand maybe.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1274 on: March 09, 2015, 07:36:55 AM »
Daring someone to fight her hand to hand maybe.

Looking at her I kind of almost want to (for the challenge), but I also want to run and hide because that face says she'd smash me to pieces...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: