Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484606 times)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1170 on: March 03, 2015, 06:30:44 AM »

I was sorting through the many pencils of my childhood, and I found a cool pencil that was green on one side and purple on the other! And an orange/blue one too, as well as an old dying purple pen. And a wild Braidy appeared XD
I forgot what his clothes actually looked like (hey, it was very late ;P) and also that hands are not claws (also how to draw and hold a pencil in general. It was very, very late) X') oh well~

I love it! He looks so happyyyy~

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #1171 on: March 03, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »
I just caught up on this thread after a month or wo of absence.
Just... h dvlbhwefdjvåo åoiweagoihsvubehbegrydvoahsowbco
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #1172 on: March 03, 2015, 11:20:36 AM »

KIIIIIITTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! *hugs* I missed you so muuuuch! You are alive!

Also, Owlie, that's so... Cute and amazing and asfnjklnsdjkflajfklee.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1173 on: March 03, 2015, 11:31:04 AM »

ThisCat! The norwegian trio is whole once more because of you! :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1174 on: March 03, 2015, 11:35:14 AM »
ThisCat! The norwegian trio is whole once more because of you! :D
There's a Norwegian trio?

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1175 on: March 03, 2015, 11:36:38 AM »
Yes? Or at least, in my head there was. You, Fenris, and ThisCat.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #1176 on: March 03, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »

You, Kitty and Puppy, but we also have Sigrid now in the trio, so it's a quartet, and I guess the queiter Unlos is also Norwegian, so it's a quintet? Anyway, when I think "Norwegian", I think of our Trio - which will always be Kitty, Fim and Puppy.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #1177 on: March 03, 2015, 12:06:01 PM »
The tones/shading actually reminds me of the old renaissance paintings for some reasons... I don't know why...when I actually looked at some I realised they're not that similar at all...but that's what popped into my head, anyway 9u9

:3 Even if it's different, it's cool to have gotten enough depth to remind you of them. My natural tendency is to keep everything light and ambiguous, so I pushed myself hard the whole time to put in shadows (with colors other than black! who knew?) And then I ended up pushing them a little further on his face digitally.

Heh, in contrast...

I was sorting through the many pencils of my childhood, and I found a cool pencil that was green on one side and purple on the other! And an orange/blue one too, as well as an old dying purple pen. And a wild Braidy appeared XD
I forgot what his clothes actually looked like (hey, it was very late ;P) and also that hands are not claws (also how to draw and hold a pencil in general. It was very, very late) X') oh well~

I love the expression! I'm terrible at simplifying people down to good "cartoon" type shapes and expressions, so this is really impressive to me. :D Also, I laughed when I saw he has a flower in his hair. The whole thing captures the carefree attitude he's supposed to have.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1178 on: March 03, 2015, 12:17:20 PM »
WOWOWOWOWOW!
The colours and the shading are sooooooooo~~!!!! *flails about*
The tones/shading actually reminds me of the old renaissance paintings for some reasons... I don't know why...when I actually looked at some I realised they're not that similar at all...but that's what popped into my head, anyway 9u9

Heh, in contrast...

This is perfect, haha.
I love those shapes!  :o
Feel free to PM.

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #1179 on: March 03, 2015, 12:19:27 PM »
It looks amazing! Especially the background, so pretty :O

Some people I've shown it to got confused and were wondering if he is some sort of astronaut...T_T I thought, "this needs to go on the art thread, where people understand this weird uniform/stars business."

p.s. I've been wanting to say for awhile now that I FREAKING LOVE YOUR AVATAR! The Gorillaz illustration style is one of my favorites. Did you make that one for yourself? O_O I looked at your tumblr, and found the write-up of the entire Gorillaz storyline to be really fascinating. The music videos finally make sense.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #1180 on: March 03, 2015, 02:20:28 PM »

Just HOW do you manage to show the movement so easily, even when it's still?  ???
Do I need to say that I like it so much?.. *dreams to see Owl's digital art some distant day*
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Cat Is in the Moon

• Such Evil.
« Reply #1181 on: March 03, 2015, 02:50:08 PM »
I'm just feeling really jealous of all the people that can actually draw right now.  ;)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1182 on: March 03, 2015, 02:59:12 PM »
Just HOW do you manage to show the movement so easily, even when it's still?  ???
Do I need to say that I like it so much?.. *dreams to see Owl's digital art some distant day*

I must say the same, movement is so difficult for me. (I kinda envy you, Owl)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1183 on: March 03, 2015, 02:59:53 PM »
p.s. I've been wanting to say for awhile now that I FREAKING LOVE YOUR AVATAR! The Gorillaz illustration style is one of my favorites. Did you make that one for yourself? O_O I looked at your tumblr, and found the write-up of the entire Gorillaz storyline to be really fascinating. The music videos finally make sense.

AAAAH, THANK YOU!! And yeah, I drew it myself C: (it's a self portrait). I love the Gorillaz style too! It's so unique and interesting (and kind of ugly in a really cool way, if that makes sense?)

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1184 on: March 03, 2015, 03:07:51 PM »
AAAAH, THANK YOU!! And yeah, I drew it myself C: (it's a self portrait). I love the Gorillaz style too! It's so unique and interesting (and kind of ugly in a really cool way, if that makes sense?)
Makes total sense.  Even when I was really young, I'd watch their videos and think "I don't like the way it looks... but I kinda like the way it looks." 
So many things about that group are just great.  And, yes, your avatar is awesome!
Feel free to PM.