Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483760 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1065 on: February 22, 2015, 12:37:14 PM »

I like to think that Emil has always found fire to be comforting, but maybe when he tries to find comfort in the flames today he'll have a bit more to think about. This turned out a tad sadder than I'm used to drawing so I may just have to do something doubly adorable for next week to make up for it (assuming that my stupid workload doesn't kill me first) :( Scanning it into the computer also meant that some of the details on the screaming faces in the fire and the trolls in the smoke were lost (boo hiss!), but someday I'll learn to handle technology properly!

Hehe, on a side note apparently my bag isn't completely waterproof (see splotches on the top :P), aaaaand I'm probably going to be spending the next week acting like a weirdo and drawing people's shoes and legs because my inability to draw feet is starting to really bug me.
Oh my goooosh, this is so cool! :D I love his expression.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1066 on: February 22, 2015, 01:50:25 PM »
Oh my goooosh, this is so cool! :D I love his expression.

Thank you :3 I'm glad you like it!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #1067 on: February 22, 2015, 03:01:00 PM »

Oh gosh, this one is really nice! Nice colors, expression, and thought into the subject.

Nice atmosphere!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:08:46 AM by starfallz »
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1068 on: February 22, 2015, 09:54:22 PM »
In the interest of preventing spam-posting, I'll comment on the recent works in a single post!
After lurking for an eternity got myself to create an account.

Got bored tonight and decided to draw "hard-boiled" Lalli doing magic stuff as I needed practice anyway. Perspective seems a bit skewed I guess, I should probably choose easier poses to work with.

I really dig the color palette and dynamic-ness of this piece! Foreshortening/perspective is indeed a challenging thing to tackle, and I admire the fact that you chose this pose over easier ones.

I like to think that Emil has always found fire to be comforting, but maybe when he tries to find comfort in the flames today he'll have a bit more to think about. This turned out a tad sadder than I'm used to drawing so I may just have to do something doubly adorable for next week to make up for it (assuming that my stupid workload doesn't kill me first) :( Scanning it into the computer also meant that some of the details on the screaming faces in the fire and the trolls in the smoke were lost (boo hiss!), but someday I'll learn to handle technology properly!

Hehe, on a side note apparently my bag isn't completely waterproof (see splotches on the top :P), aaaaand I'm probably going to be spending the next week acting like a weirdo and drawing people's shoes and legs because my inability to draw feet is starting to really bug me.

Ohhhh, I wished that the scanner didn't bleach out the colors so much! D: I kind of see an inkling of the screaming faces you've mentioned, and they do add an edge to the piece! Despite the high contrast and brightness of the piece, it does have a melancholic mood.
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

|Yucca|

« Reply #1069 on: February 22, 2015, 10:30:40 PM »
I really dig the color palette and dynamic-ness of this piece! Foreshortening/perspective is indeed a challenging thing to tackle, and I admire the fact that you chose this pose over easier ones.

Thanks, you and the others. I'm pretty happy with the colouring myself too. Dynamic look was also something I was after. Looking at it now with fresh eyes, it seems the problems are mainly with the upper body being too static and having those perspective errors.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:33:23 PM by |Yucca| »
I barely survived:
:chap5:  :book2:  :book3:  :book4:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1070 on: February 23, 2015, 10:22:31 PM »
A while back I posted a super-lazy cosplay selfie of myself as Emil - and since I dressed up a bit for dinner tonight, I thought I'd do it again!

I think Emil would like fancy/colorful ties like this! Sorry my hair isn't as fluffy as last time...

P.S. Skalds - is it maybe time for a cosplay thread?

Somehow, your hair looks more Emil-like to me in this picture than the last.

And I'm not a skald, but I think I might've suggested a cosplay thread last time you posted a pic... I think we need one! I debated creating one myself, but I have nothing in terms of cosplay to share at the moment and probably won't for a while, so I refrained.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1071 on: February 23, 2015, 10:43:38 PM »
I don't remember exactly who drew Sailor Lalli, but I did save a copy (and made part of it my Avatar), so here you go:
EDIT: we have an artist! http://mufloni.tumblr.com/post/95210042517/inspired-by-lallis-amazing-poses-i-decided-to
The first few panels look so much like Minna's art style, it's a little scary...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:45:14 PM by Noodly Appendage »
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1072 on: February 24, 2015, 12:15:26 AM »
The first few panels look so much like Minna's art style, it's a little scary...

Well... that's because it is Minna's art, it's from the scene on the Dalahästen. The original poster just edited over the panels.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1073 on: February 24, 2015, 05:03:24 AM »
Remember, at heart we're an anarcho-syndicalist collective; "supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some... farcical aquatic ceremony!"

I feel much more pleased than I should at recognising that quote immediately.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1074 on: February 24, 2015, 05:28:05 AM »
A while back I posted a super-lazy cosplay selfie of myself as Emil - and since I dressed up a bit for dinner tonight, I thought I'd do it again!

I think Emil would like fancy/colorful ties like this! Sorry my hair isn't as fluffy as last time...

P.S. Skalds - is it maybe time for a cosplay thread?
If you promise more stuff like this we have to make one.

Also I think a sassy cravat would be perfect for Emil :P

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #1075 on: February 24, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »

Hi! I'm fairly new to the SSSS society. I really REALLY love the webcomic. But I also love minecraft. So here's a Lalli skin I made on Skincraft. Hopefully the image shows up  ;)

Cheesecake

• Don't think I didn't see what you did there
« Reply #1076 on: February 24, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »

Hi! I'm fairly new to the SSSS society. I really REALLY love the webcomic. But I also love minecraft. So here's a Lalli skin I made on Skincraft. Hopefully the image shows up  ;)
MIIIIIIIIAAAAA! <--(Actual reaction)
You joined! *happy dance*
Native: :usa:
Learning-ish: :spain:
Want to learn: :germany: :sweden:
"Survived"
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7:

jp otter

« Reply #1077 on: February 24, 2015, 10:46:21 PM »
Okay, first off, hi all! I've enjoyed all of your artwork. There's some really great (and totally hilarious and totally off the wall) stuff here. Too much awesome stuff to name.

Okay, here's my contribution. I wanted to draw Emil playing with matches, and this is what happened:

Fluent: :usa:
Passable: :france:
Learning: :italy:
Tried to teach myself as a precocious 12 yr/old with terrible results: :russia:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #1078 on: February 24, 2015, 10:49:40 PM »
I just commented on your dA, but... I love this. So. So. Much.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1079 on: February 24, 2015, 10:50:46 PM »
Okay, first off, hi all! I've enjoyed all of your artwork. There's some really great (and totally hilarious and totally off the wall) stuff here. Too much awesome stuff to name.

Okay, here's my contribution. I wanted to draw Emil playing with matches, and this is what happened:

I... um... wow... I can't... I can't even begin to describe
how amazing this is. Like... THE COLORING
and the.... the EVERYTHING I just can't.
*flails forever*
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden: