Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484345 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #14010 on: April 09, 2022, 03:36:59 PM »
I count three Notoros (after all, where there is one there are many), ToothScary and Cthulhund, but I’m not sure about the guy(s) behind Mikkel and Tuuri. I think it’s Sleipnope doing an exit stage right, but is that the Handsy Moose or the Spidermoose? Perhaps getting some friendly patting from Mama Bear?
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #14011 on: April 20, 2022, 08:24:53 AM »
Aw whoops, just seeing comments now.
Tuuri is indeed doing a marginally-tasteless dance on purpose, my bad.
I had another character going in the back (I think it was going to be Törbjörn maybe?) then crossed it out, then after shoehorning trolls in there, I retrofitted the scribble into the bear, which is why it's undecipherable.  You got Tooth Scary, well done! You also got the notoros, Sleipnope, and Cthulhund, and Spidermoose, but there were a couple of ghosts too. I got the seagulls to pester Onni but not Väinö.
It's an unholy unplanned look-ma-no-pencils mess, all right. But fun. I'm glad y'all had fun trying to decipher all that scribble.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #14012 on: April 20, 2022, 10:22:29 AM »
Thanks for explaining, Wave! I saw the ”people” watching Emil and Lalli, but wasn’t sure if it’s actual people or ghosts :)  Mama Bear is distinguishable by the stakes!

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #14013 on: April 25, 2022, 04:35:57 AM »
So here is something I made to celebrate Lalli's birthday (as part of the Weekly Prompts, so this post is an advertisement for that thread. Or is it?)

Lalli, medieval style:

Lalli's reverse, with extra Hotakainens:

fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #14014 on: April 25, 2022, 05:57:32 AM »
tehta, those are beautiful!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Turnstylus

• Uuuummmm....
« Reply #14015 on: April 26, 2022, 07:53:19 PM »
Here we are at the end of the comic, and I have prepared an ultra-silly Dance Party drawing.  (It's kinda traditional, isn't it? Inspired by Mighty Mouse cartoons and the Queen's Thief book series endings.)
My time making fanart for this fandom has loosened me up considerably, and allowed me to embrace my comedic tendencies.  So while this drawing is kinda crap, it's exactly what I wanted in its spontaneity.
You've made everything about them - faces, gestures - so expressive! Well done!
And bravo to you for growing through your art. It's one of the many reasons we do it!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #14016 on: April 26, 2022, 08:00:57 PM »
You've made everything about them - faces, gestures - so expressive! Well done!
And bravo to you for growing through your art. It's one of the many reasons we do it!
Yes, Wave's ability to picture expressions is something I deeply envy! :)

And welcome, @Turnstylus , may this be the first of many posts!
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Turnstylus

• Uuuummmm....
« Reply #14017 on: April 26, 2022, 08:08:11 PM »
Thank you, @thegreyarea - I've taken a peak at this forum from time to time while the comic was still going, and have always appreciated the community here. And a "thank you" to all who invited me and the many other SSSS fans late in arriving!

Turnstylus

• Uuuummmm....
« Reply #14018 on: April 26, 2022, 08:09:01 PM »
@tehta, is that first image a decorative initial "L"? I don't know what the weekly prompt was, but you've done a superb job of expressing the feel of an illuminated manuscript! Those enigmatic expressions on the animals' faces always fascinate me.

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #14019 on: April 27, 2022, 06:11:15 AM »
@tehta, is that first image a decorative initial "L"? I don't know what the weekly prompt was, but you've done a superb job of expressing the feel of an illuminated manuscript! Those enigmatic expressions on the animals' faces always fascinate me.

Yes, that's an L! It's also meant as a sort-of representation of Lalli's haven, with the lillies.
And thank you so much! I particularly enjoyed painting the cat's expression.
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #14020 on: April 27, 2022, 06:11:53 AM »
Hello @Turnstylus  and welcome! We also have an Introduction thread down in the General Board, come by there to say hello! (Not required, just fun!)

And yes, I can reply on tehta’s behalf, it is the initial. The prompt was Lalli :) And it is great! The Prompt of the Week thread is in the Events board, and everyone is welcome to participate both with creations and with comments.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #14021 on: May 09, 2022, 12:12:38 PM »
It is not directly art but I did not find a place where it would fit better and I wanted to share it.
After a talk on the discord server about potentially existing trolls I made an banshee info page. Something like this could be used for scout training.

dmeck7755

« Reply #14022 on: May 09, 2022, 01:00:24 PM »
Trolls eating Trolls. Love it! moredhel
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #14023 on: May 09, 2022, 01:04:29 PM »
This is very good, moredhel! We want moooooore!!!  ;D
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #14024 on: May 09, 2022, 03:35:49 PM »
Moredhel, it’s great (albeit a bit scary)!

And I think this is exactly the right board for it. If you intend to make mor, or if others get inspired, ther could be an “introduce your own grossling”* thread, but this one works well too.

*Pettroll, maybe?