Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2477815 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #810 on: February 01, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
Do you have any idea how long it took to colour around all these dots?

Nice. You really like lipstick don't you  :P. Please let us have a picture of Emil secretly trying out his mother's lipstick next.

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #811 on: February 01, 2015, 04:43:30 PM »

O Mighty Nordic Shamaness, how do you do this?! D:
I like your style very, very, VERY much  :D
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #812 on: February 01, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »

Jaw drops.  (Oh wait... I guess we're not saying that any more.)

O Nordic Shamaness of Art, how swiftly you grant your faithful worshippers' requests!  Maybe *too* swiftly -- we're getting spoiled by all these wonderful drawings!   :D

I adore Tuuri's little jumper (in the American sense -- I don't know what other English-speaking countries call an overdress like that).  In my mind, I accessorize it with a dangly little charm bracelet (NOT one with just a heart!)... but I'm aware that would take another 6 hours to draw, probably. 

I also like how you let her little Tintin-quiff grow out into chic, side-swept bangs.  And lipstick!!
(Now, like Fimbulvarg, I want to see teenage Emil furtively trying on his mom's lipstick.  Before they lost all their money, I bet she could afford some.  Taru was shown wearing lipstick and other makeup in the prologue in Iceland, so it does exist in the Known World...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #813 on: February 01, 2015, 05:04:13 PM »
So I drew TWO SSSS pictures this week!

Because Tuuri is adorable, and Kitty is adorable, and drawing them playing just makes me so happy when in fairness I should be stressed out of my head with the amount of work I'm supposed to be doing ;D

and then this…..  it's supposed to show Lalli on one of his earliest scouting trips so he's a bit younger. This is his first encounter with an infected beast, and he's a bit overwhelmed by the spiritual presence as his mage skills are somewhat untrained. Sensible Lalli is sensible however, and stands still and stays silent and the grossling goes away.

Wonderful!  Adorable pictures *and* great character illumination.  That's exactly the sorts of things I'd picture them doing. 

(I'd love to see Tuuri doing the Snow White communing-with-the-friendly-creatures-of-the-forest thing.  But I know her lack of Immunity probably prevents that; while the birds survive, the furry creatures of the forest are RATHER DIFFERENT these days.  Besides, Minna seems to have designated Mikkel for the Friend to All Living Things role -- she had an early drawing of him going through all his dangerous medical instruments while birdies perch on him.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 07:27:48 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #814 on: February 01, 2015, 06:03:44 PM »
You really like lipstick don't you  :P.
I don't know what you're talking about <_<

O Mighty Nordic Shamaness, how do you do this?! D:
I like your style very, very, VERY much  :D
Eeeee, THANK YOU!

Jaw drops.  (Oh wait... I guess we're not saying that any more.)

O Nordic Shamaness of Art, how swiftly you grant your faithful worshippers' requests!  Maybe *too* swiftly -- we're getting spoiled by all these wonderful drawings!   :D

I adore Tuuri's little jumper (in the American sense -- I don't know what other English-speaking countries call an overdress like that).  In my mind, I accessorize it with a dangly little charm bracelet (NOT one with just a heart!)... but I'm aware that would take another 6 hours to draw, probably. 

I also like how you let her little Tintin-quiff grow out into chic, side-swept bangs.  And lipstick!!
(Now, like Fimbulvarg, I want to see teenage Emil furtively trying on his mom's lipstick.  Before they lost all their money, I bet she could afford some.  Taru was shown wearing lipstick and other makeup in the prologue in Iceland, so it does exist in the Known World...

I'm glad you like it! And yeah, lipstick. I don't usually have any strong opinions on makeup, but I've really enjoyed drawing lipstick lately, for some reason. As for the hair, I took some liberties with it. I justify it with the fact that this is a modern day au, and therefore she would be able to get her hair cut by an actual hairdresser (I don't think they have that in year 90?).

Emil trying on his mother's lipstick certainly creates an appealing image. I might just draw it sometime (but I'm not promising anything, because I've realized that when it comes to drawing I make way too many promises, and I'm not very good at keeping them)

Lastly, I have to say, I am liking this new title you have bestowed upon me. Mighty Nordic Shamaness. It has a nice ring to it.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #815 on: February 01, 2015, 07:13:49 PM »
So, I mentioned this a while back, and put this on the dA group, buuut...
This was what came to mind earlier seeing the shadowy hand reaching around the corner on page 258 of SSSS. This will obviously be disproven, but meh.

Isn't he/she/it cute?
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #816 on: February 01, 2015, 08:02:35 PM »
Isn't he/she/it cute?

Yes, for some strange value of "cute"! :D
My one-and-only: :uk:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #817 on: February 02, 2015, 07:06:52 AM »
Ugh, line art is so booooring

Now I'm going to worry about what it looks like all night! O___O

He has a head, but me and my sister agreed that it it possessed by dark evil and we should maybe burn it. So I'm going to make him another, non-satanic one tomorrow, after his arms. :3 and try and get the minna style better....

I think it looks great so far! And you don't have to make it look "Minna style". That's what's so great about fanart - you take something you like and you do it your own way! :D

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #818 on: February 02, 2015, 07:16:55 AM »

I was going to ask who it was but judging by the image url I can tell that it's Aksel Eide (Maybe I should have pieced that together).

What.....what am I doing....help meeeeee...

Are you using regular red clay? It would be a same if if didn't hold its shape in the oven.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #819 on: February 02, 2015, 07:27:59 AM »

I think it looks great so far! And you don't have to make it look "Minna style". That's what's so great about fanart - you take something you like and you do it your own way! :D
Nuuuu line art is full of potential! It's the zen garden of drawing. But that's my opinion, I tend to seriously mess things up if I try coloring things X'D (future tip: never let me colour anything. ANYTHING. The world depends on it ;P)

Yeah, but I love Lalli's design...his face is a little pointy circle triangle thing. The head I made before was....weird...not 'cartoony' enough for my liking, and far too narrow! Plus, I hadn't sculpted for a looooong time before it so I guess it was more of a warm-up that accidentally opened a portal to hell 8D (seriously though, at it's night and I've locked it in a box in case it comes to life and goes on a stab rampage with its pin neck or something horrifying...I wouldn't be surprised ;3)
So I'll try a cuter Lalli-er Lalli tomorrow !
Are you using regular red clay? It would be a same if if didn't hold its shape in the oven.
It's air drying clay, so the non-wet-wrapped half has gone a white colour, but the inside will take a few days to dry. So no oven baking! :)
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #820 on: February 02, 2015, 07:56:08 AM »
Nuuuu line art is full of potential! It's the zen garden of drawing. But that's my opinion, I tend to seriously mess things up if I try coloring things X'D (future tip: never let me colour anything. ANYTHING. The world depends on it ;P)

Yeah but colouring is really fun when you get the hang of it! I like making line art too, when I'm drawing on paper. But when I'm drawing with a tablet I usually make a messy sketch at first (fun), and then I have to spend ages cleaning it up (not fun)

You can still use Lalli's design, even if you change the style. I think if you're going to make a 2-dimensional, cartoony character into 3D, you're going to have to tweak the style a bit to make it work (but don't listen to me, I don't know anything about sculpting)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #821 on: February 02, 2015, 09:56:13 AM »

But I love lineart! Lineart is my strongsuit! (Drawings that are just lineart are always aesthetically pleasing to me, idk. And c'mon, yours still looks good!)
Whenever I draw digitally from a sketch, I always put the sketch and the finished linework on a separate layer. Then I just delete the sketch layer. With my ultra-perfectionist line style, cleaning up sketches is ultra-annoying. (And I'd do anything to save time, anyway)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #822 on: February 02, 2015, 10:11:42 AM »
But I love lineart! Lineart is my strongsuit! (Drawings that are just lineart are always aesthetically pleasing to me, idk. And c'mon, yours still looks good!)
Whenever I draw digitally from a sketch, I always put the sketch and the finished linework on a separate layer. Then I just delete the sketch layer. With my ultra-perfectionist line style, cleaning up sketches is ultra-annoying. (And I'd do anything to save time, anyway)

I use separate layers too. Which means that when I'm making the finished line art, I'm basically just drawing the same thing all over again. Bluhhhh

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #823 on: February 02, 2015, 10:32:15 AM »
I use separate layers too. Which means that when I'm making the finished line art, I'm basically just drawing the same thing all over again. Bluhhhh

Okay, I can't argue with you there :D I don't know how clean your sketches are compared to mine, but for me it's basically just tracing, which is pretty much mindless, IMO.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #824 on: February 02, 2015, 02:54:42 PM »
the colors and shading/highlights were done quick and very ugly, but it's already been way too long, so here goes:

(also, yay! first contribution to the museum)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: