Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483913 times)

tehta

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13905 on: October 24, 2021, 11:16:05 AM »
I think his nose could be pointier? It often looks sharp enough to be used as a weapon. But I think the hair is great in all the sketches.
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13906 on: October 25, 2021, 07:56:39 PM »
The only time Lalli had kinda-sorta fluffy hair (coming out of the Mora baths) Emil was compelled to tidy it for him.  I tend to struggle with his hair shape, too.  The fringe is tucked (presumably behind his ears?) under an oddly square shape, so severely straight in the front that you never see his ears.  He has a bob haircut, slightly shorter in the back.
He has a ski-slope nose, as do all the Hotakainens.  This is a real shape (I have one too), and different from a pug nose where the front is flattened back.  The bridge is fairly flat, and it turns upward at the end.
His eyes are gorgeous.  Minna tends to stylise the irises and pupils of all her characters (Kitty is the only one with round ones!); Lalli has ended up with cat-like slits more often than not.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

crowbarrd

• an abundance of exclamation marks
« Reply #13907 on: October 25, 2021, 11:31:48 PM »

Reynir doodle ! I love drawing him the most :sparkle::sparkle:
muddling around and drawing

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #13908 on: October 26, 2021, 05:59:10 AM »
The only time Lalli had kinda-sorta fluffy hair (coming out of the Mora baths) Emil was compelled to tidy it for him.

Is it sad that I know this also happened the first time Mikkel sprayed him for decontamination?

I think his hairstyle makes real-world sense: he doesn't have any bangs, so if he didn't tuck the front bits of his hair he'd look like cousin It / a haystack. And the rising mess in the back is something that can happen when a bob is not layered or undercut. (At least, it would definitely happen to me.)

Reynir looks so pretty!
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

crowbarrd

« Reply #13909 on: October 26, 2021, 09:34:17 AM »
Thank you !! And yes I think his hair would make sense, though it would probably need loads of hair gel to get in it to stay in place as it does in the comic LOL

(He definitely wouldn't bother with it but it's a funny idea nonetheless !!!)

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #13910 on: October 26, 2021, 10:35:39 AM »
Thank you !! And yes I think his hair would make sense, though it would probably need loads of hair gel to get in it to stay in place as it does in the comic LOL

(He definitely wouldn't bother with it but it's a funny idea nonetheless !!!)

Maybe he uses tree sap. Not as a beauty treatment, but to keep it in place so it doesn't annoy him. Also, I bet he likes the smell. (And didn't his hair look kinda limp in Iceland? Headcanon acquired.)

It's a real thing! From wikipedia: The Irish bog body Clonycavan Man, which has been radiocarbon dated to between 392 BC and 201 BC, was found to have been using a hair gel made from pine tree resin imported from Spain or South-west France.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13911 on: October 26, 2021, 11:51:37 AM »
The old Irish also used to set their hair into flat or spiky shapes with a paste of lime!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

crowbarrd

« Reply #13912 on: October 26, 2021, 07:38:34 PM »
Maybe he uses tree sap. Not as a beauty treatment, but to keep it in place so it doesn't annoy him. Also, I bet he likes the smell. (And didn't his hair look kinda limp in Iceland? Headcanon acquired.)

It's a real thing! From wikipedia: The Irish bog body Clonycavan Man, which has been radiocarbon dated to between 392 BC and 201 BC, was found to have been using a hair gel made from pine tree resin imported from Spain or South-west France.

The old Irish also used to set their hair into flat or spiky shapes with a paste of lime!

that's really interesting !! though in a practical sense it's makes a lot of sense
(I wonder how it smells though?)

catbirds

« Reply #13913 on: October 27, 2021, 11:39:03 PM »
Awww... that's such a fluffy Reynir!

I've always assumed they all just have very stylized hair, but all my friends have told me that their hair just naturally gets fluffy once it starts drizzling. No gel required. Hair gel works too, though, and makes a lot more sense when you consider that their hair is consistently fluffy. Either that, or they're all wearing wigs.

crowbarrd

« Reply #13914 on: October 27, 2021, 11:58:24 PM »
they're all wearing wigs.

The SSSS conspiracy, they're all wearing wigs and are in fact BALD !!!!
(oh no, now I can't erase the image of bald Lalli... or bald anyone for that matter... Mikkel's glorious sideburns gone... Emil's beautiful bob...)

That aside, thank you!! I enjoy making everyone's hair extra fluffy  ;D ;D

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #13915 on: October 28, 2021, 02:43:44 AM »
The SSSS conspiracy, they're all wearing wigs and are in fact BALD !!!!
Spoiler: headcanon accepted • show

The entire team (OK, maybe not Sigrun) was blackmailed into the expedition with the secret that they're a good deal closer relatives of Trond than is publicly known.
(How Trond manages to twist things so that this blackmail material doesn't work against himself first and foremost remains a mystery.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

uktoer

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #13916 on: October 28, 2021, 12:40:53 PM »
a drawing with tuuri i made this summer

(first time inserting an image so please tell me if something's wrong!!)

тише воды ниже травы

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #13917 on: October 28, 2021, 12:43:41 PM »
Inserting the image worked.
It is a beautiful image. Very vibrant colors.

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #13918 on: October 28, 2021, 12:55:38 PM »
I really like it! Especially the different textures: the water, her clothing, the swan's feathers...

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
« Reply #13919 on: October 28, 2021, 01:24:07 PM »
Shroom it works! I like the way you captured the event - physical agony of the infected Tuuri and the despite everything hopeful flight of the Swan and TuuriBirb
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.