Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483654 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #795 on: February 01, 2015, 12:49:37 PM »
SOMEBODY STOP ME
Why should we?

Wearing a skirt is something of an acquired skill. It looks fine though, if anything it might be the beret and the lipstick that brings it a bit over the top.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #796 on: February 01, 2015, 12:51:09 PM »
SOMEBODY STOP ME

(Drawing Sigrun in a skirt felt completely wrong hahaha)

It's an adorable outfit... but yeah, there's a certain aura of "how much mood-altering medication had to be slipped into her mead to get her to dress like that?"

That middle outfit, though -- perfect!  Sleek, elegant, not too girly.  I could actually picture her choosing something like that to wear if she got teleported into Forever 21. (Nice deep pockets, good for storing knives, fishing line, and garottes...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #797 on: February 01, 2015, 12:54:50 PM »
SOMEBODY STOP ME

BUT I DON'T WANT YOU TO STOP
Sigrun looks a lot younger in the first drawing... don't know if it's the skirt or what, but a skirt definitely feels weird for Sigrun, heh.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #798 on: February 01, 2015, 01:02:47 PM »
SOMEBODY STOP ME

Pleeeease draw some equally adorable outfits for Tuuri?  I realize she doesn't have a conventional model's figure, but I bet she'd love some pretty clothes for once.  (As a change from the "cheap, plain, and practical" garments of Keuruu...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #799 on: February 01, 2015, 01:10:54 PM »
It's an adorable outfit... but yeah, there's a certain aura of "how much mood-altering medication had to be slipped into her mead to get her to dress like that?"

That middle outfit, though -- perfect!  Sleek, elegant, not too girly.  I could actually picture her choosing something like that to wear if she got teleported into Forever 21. (Nice deep pockets, good for storing knives, fishing line, and garottes...)

To be honest I'm just using Sigrun as a model to make drawing practice more interesting cx I've mostly tried to find outfits that I think she'd actually wear, but then I saw that outfit and I just really wanted to draw velvet... But the other outfits were picked with Sigrun's not-very-feminine personality in mind ;3 The middle outfit is my favourite as well~

BUT I DON'T WANT YOU TO STOP

OKAY THEN

Pleeeease draw some equally adorable outfits for Tuuri?  I realize she doesn't have a conventional model's figure, but I bet she'd love some pretty clothes for once.  (As a change from the "cheap, plain, and practical" garments of Keuruu...)

Yeah, I really want to do that! Actually, I have no idea why I haven't done so already. I guess it might be because of her hair? Short hair is super impossible to draw :C

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #800 on: February 01, 2015, 01:22:25 PM »
To be honest I'm just using Sigrun as a model to make drawing practice more interesting cx I've mostly tried to find outfits that I think she'd actually wear, but then I saw that outfit and I just really wanted to draw velvet... But the other outfits were picked with Sigrun's not-very-feminine personality in mind ;3 The middle outfit is my favourite as well~

(Draw Tuuri?)

Yeah, I really want to do that! Actually, I have no idea why I haven't done so already. I guess it might be because of her hair? Short hair is super impossible to draw :C

I can sympathize.  So... Hats, caps, snoods, headscarves, helmets?  Pre- (and maybe post-)expedition ponytail? 

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #801 on: February 01, 2015, 01:30:36 PM »
So I drew TWO SSSS picture this week! (Actually I drew five, but the other three are fairly rubbish and won't be shared until they've been subject to some very intense re-drawing)

Because Tuuri is adorable, and Kitty is adorable, and drawing them playing just makes me so happy when in fairness I should be stressed out of my head with the amount of work I'm supposed to be doing ;D Anyway, I just can't wait to see Kitty and Braidy introduced properly

and then this…..

For some reason the picture looks much lighter than when on paper, which means that some of the details are lost and the colours look different which is sad :(
Anyway, it's supposed to show Lalli on one of his earliest scouting trips so he's a bit younger. This is his first encounter with an infected beast, and he's a bit overwhelmed by the spiritual presence as his mage skills are somewhat untrained. Sensible Lalli is sensible however, and stands still and stays silent and the grossling goes away
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:09:26 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #802 on: February 01, 2015, 01:42:07 PM »

For some reason the picture looks much lighter than when on paper, which means that some of the details are lost and the colours look different which is sad :(
Anyway, it's supposed to show Lalli on one of his earliest scouting trips so he's a bit younger. This is his first encounter with an infected beast, and he's a bit overwhelmed by the spiritual presence as his mage skills are somewhat untrained. Sensible Lalli is sensible however, and stands still and stays silent and the grossling goes away
Eh, at first I thought it was Hannu. Something about the hair color. Nice.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #803 on: February 01, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »
SOMEBODY STOP ME

Nope, nobody is going to stop you. Please produce more lovely art!!!!!! (Also, I'm just naturally assuming that she's wearing sunglasses there so that she won't get blood and gore in her eyes, or be blinded by the inevitable exploding things. Sigrun is very sensible like that :P )

Roleplay doc

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #804 on: February 01, 2015, 02:07:40 PM »
So I drew TWO SSSS picture this week!

JUST. LOVE. IT.
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #805 on: February 01, 2015, 02:13:21 PM »
Eh, at first I thought it was Hannu. Something about the hair color. Nice.

Oh, well the outfit he's wearing is pretty strongly influenced by Hannu's actually (not one of them in particular, just the general kinda warm fluffy leathery texture which ARTD has got me thinking would be warm to wear during the Finnish coldtimes). I kinda deviated from what we saw him wearing at the start using the excuses that a) maybe he didn't get a proper uniform right away or b) his picture was from springtime when the scouts wouldn't need to wear quite as much so maybe they had a lighter option to wear.

Maybe not the most best excuse >"< but every time I tried to picture the scene in my head he would be wearing that, so it ended up on the paper version as well

JUST. LOVE. IT.

Eeeek, thank you ^_^ Free adorableness for all!!!!!!

Roleplay doc

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #806 on: February 01, 2015, 03:06:23 PM »
Wow, I go to bed and you guys all start posting art!

Gwenno: Tuuri and the kitten yeeeesssssss :DD I like to think that even though she may not have had a lot of friends her age growing up, she probably made friends with all the cats on the base. Even the grade C ones.

Sigrid: She's so stylish! I think Sigrun would be the kind to wear a skirt over her jeans, actually... but maybe not with tights. 
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #807 on: February 01, 2015, 03:37:13 PM »
Do you have any idea how long it took to colour around all these dots?

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #808 on: February 01, 2015, 03:40:15 PM »

Oh my god that outfit is perfect for her! :D And I like the hair too.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #809 on: February 01, 2015, 03:54:19 PM »

AAAAA <3
So cute! Please draw more!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia: