Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484539 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13845 on: May 06, 2021, 07:50:58 PM »
Wow! Is Tuuri the pilot of that thing? Impressive!
Thanks, Róisín! And I'll check SectoBoss story.
Very cool, grey! (Haha, see what I did there, by accident... cool grey...) It's ringing bells, some work of fiction with a similar means of transport and protection. I really like the way it's resting one hand on the boulder!
Thanks! Well, I thought about you while drawing the rocks :) And the hand is there to stabilize the thing while it's powered down. There are several "universes" with this kind of machine. Among them I find the Ma.K rough aesthetic very interesting. (There are many galleries around, just search for "Ma.K mecha". Here's a fantastic one. I wish I had time to make that kind of thing...
Wow grey, that’s amazing! I’d love to see the front!

Also I’m sure you understand you will have to write the story too!
Thanks! I promise to do the front soon. As for the story... I have an idea that might work... and who am I to go against Vellamo's wishes?
Adapting SSSS into a mecha anime? I'm all for it.

(Kidding but Tuuri would be right at home in one, great art though, Grey!)
Yes! All your beloved characters, but with very big eyes! And driving giant robots! I also think that Tuuri is the right character for that role. To be true my first idea was Sigrun, but later I recalled Tuuri's affinity with machines and it had to be her.
SSSS Mecha AU - Imagine the CatTank transforming into a giant mecha, being piloted by every member of the crew, Power Rangers style :P
thegreyarea, that's an awesome looking mecha and a very cool scene overall. I love the shading.
A funny idea! But I think the Cat Tank might be too small for that. But it could act as the head of the giant mecha! And thanks, I also loved doing it! I'm always fascinated by the things that can be done with just one simple HB pencil.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #13846 on: May 07, 2021, 08:05:45 AM »
To be true my first idea was Sigrun, but later I recalled Tuuri's affinity with machines and it had to be her.

Considering Sigrun's one experience driving the Cat Tank, she should definitely not be allowed in a giant mecha!  :'D
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #13847 on: May 07, 2021, 02:56:38 PM »
Considering Sigrun's one experience driving the Cat Tank, she should definitely not be allowed in a giant mecha!  :'D
She'd be the most best operator for the right lower arm (a.k.a. Mr. Smashy Rocket Fist).
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
« Reply #13848 on: May 07, 2021, 04:25:57 PM »
She'd be the most best operator for the right lower arm (a.k.a. Mr. Smashy Rocket Fist).

Yes! That would be putting her "I punched it so hard it died" talents to proper use.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13849 on: May 11, 2021, 01:48:50 PM »
Those are all some very nice artpieces, everyone! :)) (I also want to see that mecha from the front!)
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #13850 on: May 13, 2021, 09:29:38 AM »
So, as promised, here's the front side of Tuuri's mecha! She seems to be having fun! :D

Now you may have to wait a little more for the story... :)

Notes:
The eyes, nose, whiskers, "KISU" and the logo are supposed to be painted on the hull. The ear-shaped floodlights are well visible here :)
The eyes are painted around two cameras that, together with two more in the back, are the real "eyes" for the pilot.
I think our dear cat tank would like to see this "descendant".
The other things over the "head" would be long-range sensors, antennas and, right in the middle, a small turret with a machine gun for self-defense (this is supposed to be for recon missions, not for battle, and yes, one of these days I'll try to draw a battle one).
I decided to try some movement, and ultra-clear water. It's hard, but fun! :D

Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
« Reply #13851 on: May 13, 2021, 11:01:54 AM »
Oh wow, grey, I love it! Wonderful details, I love that it has whiskers.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #13852 on: May 13, 2021, 12:30:51 PM »
I lke the kitty mecha.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #13853 on: May 13, 2021, 02:45:46 PM »
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13854 on: May 13, 2021, 05:42:18 PM »

Agreed.
I adore this.
Adding in actual effects in rendering the water may fall under the category of 'reality is more confusing', in that you'd have sediment from the bottom churning up and forward with each step, obscuring everything anyway.  I'm more afraid for the mecha Kisu's workings!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

catbirds

« Reply #13855 on: May 13, 2021, 11:43:24 PM »
The trolls have no chance now!

Spoiler: spoiler of you know what in adventure 1 • show

The real reason Tuuri died in adventure 1 is because she is too powerful

Anyway, your technique with pencil is cool! Manmade thing interacting with nature? You did it so well. Also, what a cute Kitty mecha...

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #13856 on: May 14, 2021, 03:43:07 AM »
Spoiler: spoiler of you know what in adventure 1 • show

The real reason Tuuri died in adventure 1 is because she is too powerful

Spoiler: show

"Ah, li'l rookie mistake there, fuzzyhead - it's 'I punched it so hard that IT died'!"
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #13857 on: May 14, 2021, 06:05:10 AM »
Thanks Vulpes, moredhel, Jitter, Wave and catbirds! I'm happy that you liked it. :)

Wave, you're right about the sediment! Let's see it with some artistic license. I also considered some underwater distortion, but didn't know well how to reach that effect so chose to let it for the next time.
Catbirds, I really like the pencil. It's simple, but one can do so much with it! I also enjoy the feeling of working without the digital net under me. No "undo" here. The picture is just like the original in my desk, even if I did correct some very minor things after scanning it. And the paper texture also helped a lot! :)

I've been thinking about the story... But the plot still needs some a lot of work... I also have imagined some more images. Maybe I lose my mind and end up making a comic!

Spoiler: show
Catbirds, I think Tuuri is indeed a powerful character and hoped that she would find her way back into the story somehow, just like I did in my "Home" picture. I suppose that's unlikely now, but we can still create our own stories with her. :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 09:19:13 AM by thegreyarea »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13858 on: May 14, 2021, 10:44:31 AM »
There are many ways in which Tuuri might come back into the world. Which reminds me, I really should post my old story ‘Feast’ on Archive of our Own, in which Tuuri is offered sanctuary in someone else’s body, in much the same way as Lalli joins Emil in Emil’s haven when Lalli is unbodied from killing the giant.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #13859 on: May 14, 2021, 02:06:02 PM »
Aww, I love the Kisu-mecha!!! :'D It looks both threatening and adorable! (fits, considering its pilot...)
I think you did pretty good on water and sediments too, Grey!
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie: