Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484329 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13755 on: March 11, 2021, 05:04:27 PM »
My gosh Silver Garnet, this animatic is going to blow the doors when it's finished (already does, imho).

Thank you for more goth Emil & Lalli, Alkia!  I too adore that staff, and that one finger balancing it.  Somehow just one finger brings a whole different vibe than even a lightly resting full hand.  Nicely chosen.  Groupoid makes a great point about the colouring, too - headcanon accepted.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #13756 on: March 13, 2021, 08:40:28 AM »
Thank you everyone!!!! I love the image of Lalli in the gloomy castle and Emil bringing in some light and color, Groupoid, and I'm glad people like the staff  :)
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

mate888

« Reply #13757 on: March 23, 2021, 01:52:58 AM »

Dunno if this counts as fanart but I made this fanmap a while back after seeing many fanmaps of regions of the world where civilization could have survived the Rash, and thought what better place to build on than close to home? So, I decided to make a map about how humanity could have survived in one of the most beautiful and sparsely populated places on earth: Patagonia.
There's some mistakes there i'd like to correct later, like changing the amount of languages spoken. The 5 currently spoken are Spanish, English, Welsh, Mapugundun and Aonikenk, but I'm on the fence on whether or not to make it 6, the majority of Kaweksar natives, including all those that still speak the language, live in and around the Puerto Eden region and the surrounding islands, and their sea-nomad culture greatly inspired my headcanon for how Chileans live in the year 90. Other than that, maybe I'd crank some population numbers up slightly (Y Wladfa and Wallmapu) and down (Argentina and maybe the Falklands/Malvinas, as to not make the latter even more of a stand-in for Iceland than what it already is). Other than that, I think I'm confortable with sharing this fanmap. I did also post it on my deviantart account with a writeup on the headcanon lore I made up for the region, but I'll not post a link here because I'm not sure if its allowed and I think it'd come accross as spammy.
Either way hope you like it!

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #13758 on: March 23, 2021, 02:10:57 AM »
I clearly do like it.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13759 on: March 23, 2021, 03:09:37 AM »
Lovely detailed map. That is interesting. And many parts of that area would have a lot of natural protection from danger of the Silent World because of their terrain, isolation and weather. Plus there are those tiny cats - kodkod, guna, something like that? Which can, if I remember correctly, live mostly on moths when their small mammal prey can’t be had. I imagine that they would be as useful as any cat around trolls and beasts, however tiny they may be.

And I am delighted that you have druids there, because Argentina still has them in real life. About fifty years ago I met a family from Argentina who were resettling to Australia. I had been asked to help them settle in, which I cheerfully did. Nowadays they live in outback New South Wales, where the old man of the family and his son build harps and teach music. They have a small farm and a good life. I taught the kids Australian bushcraft, they taught me some useful old songs and stories.

They were descendants of a family with druidic traditions who had come to Argentina back in the 1800s when whole villages of Welsh silver miners moved to Argentina, the miners bringing their families and their traditions in much the same way as the Cornish copper miners did here in South Australia. Which is why we still have Cornish druidic and other cultural traditions here in SA (Lowender Kernewek happens 17-23 May 2021 in the Copper Coast towns, if anyone is interested.). Anyway, the language they have is a bit archaic, but still Welsh with Spanish loanwords. The settlement that family came from was called Arianín, which like Argentina means ‘place of silver’.

Pardon the real-life interpolation, but I thought it might give you some references for worldbuilding.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Sevseres

« Reply #13760 on: March 23, 2021, 03:29:45 AM »
I really like the map. Settlements outside the known world are always interesting, and I too love the druid idea.

But Roisin, can I just say that I am forever delighted to hear about your life stories?  XoX They make mine feel so dull as a random college student. Not that much in a bad way though, I really just deeply admire them. Thank you for sharing them with us.
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13761 on: March 23, 2021, 04:07:28 AM »
You will probably have at least as many stories as I do by the time you make it to my age. I hope that the ‘interesting times’ that our world is presently enduring do not get worse and leave you with too many sad stories.

And anent the map, I wonder what has survived of the native styles of magic? The Quechua might have produced some interesting mages of their traditional shamanic style, as might the Guarani.     (all I know of their stuff is some of the plant lore but I know there is more than that). And do the Gauchos hunt trolls on horseback?

Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13762 on: March 23, 2021, 04:32:26 AM »
Wow, I love this. It's a crossover to the Survivors in other parts of the World thread; feel free to expand your vision about that part of the world there.  I admit I know next to nothing about Chile, and I am fascinated by this!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #13763 on: March 23, 2021, 07:30:19 AM »
Róisín, that's a fascinating story. Like nefnef I'm always amazed for the many interesting things you did on your life! (You know I'm your fan, right?)

Mate888, I love your map. :) I've never been there, but studied the area when I was writing "The Remembering Man".
(However in my story the main city was Punta Arenas, that on your map is an unsafe zone. I thought that being on a peninsula gave it a good defensive position.)

I was also interested in natives, their culture and magic, but there was no space to develop that in my story.

The Falklands and all those islands on the Southern tip are, indeed, a perfect place to find surviving communities.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Maglor

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #13764 on: March 23, 2021, 07:39:29 AM »
Great job, mate)
What software did you use for this?
Native: Russian.
Fluent: English.
Understandable: Belorussian and Ukrainian.
A bit: French.

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #13765 on: March 23, 2021, 08:48:47 AM »
That looks really cool mate888!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #13766 on: March 23, 2021, 09:17:32 AM »
Mate888 that is great! Please go ahead and link to your verbal description!

Nefnef, Grey, we have a Róisín appreciation thread too! Richly deserved!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #13767 on: March 23, 2021, 09:42:55 AM »
This is such a cool map, and I love how you've applied it to your part of the world - I think it's always good to get some insight into the dynamics of different places, and this is a neat way to do that.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #13768 on: March 23, 2021, 09:54:09 AM »
Nefnef, Grey, we have a Róisín appreciation thread too! Richly deserved!

Thanks! I've been there already and left my message, but there are never too much words to express how much I admire our dear Róisín! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #13769 on: March 23, 2021, 10:09:50 AM »
Oh, wow mate888, that is a very cool map! I am also curious what media did you use or what softwear? ;)
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿