Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484325 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13710 on: February 20, 2021, 07:03:04 PM »
Lalli's not angry - he's appraising his work on Emil's makeup.  And Emil's mostly leaning on his knees for support as he leans forward.  Mostly.  (Emilalli content)
Ah well. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 07:14:03 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #13711 on: February 20, 2021, 07:12:02 PM »
Omigosh I just noticed the tiny hint of blue in Emil's eyes! brava
Ahah, thank you! Yeah, his eye color is actually very interesting. I researched it and found that his eyes are greenish-blue, like the color of the sea wave, at least on the pages where is is visible.  ;)

Also! Thank you, Groupoid! Yes, it was supposed to be bending a little, so it shifted to allow a little fold to be seen, but with colored piece it ended up not being visible  o_O

Edit: here is a OneDrive link, the quality of the drawing is way better there, so if you really want to zoom into Emil’s eyes, you can do it there ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 07:14:09 PM by Annuil »
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13712 on: February 21, 2021, 01:11:13 AM »
These are wonderful drawings, and yes, the tiny touch of blue in Emil’s eyes is beautiful.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

MollyVampiric

• I'm always up too late, don't worry
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her, with love
« Reply #13713 on: February 21, 2021, 02:02:42 AM »
Wavewright and Annuil, those are amazing!

For my own, I was experimental and tried out some weird new things. Don't think it came out well, but whatever, it's a learning experience.

Spoiler: show
Constructive criticism is highly appreciated! <3

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #13714 on: February 21, 2021, 08:11:22 AM »
Oh, I love all three of these!

Wave, the flames are a wonderfull touch! Annuil, they both look great with black hair! And Lalli with black nailpolish is really nice, Molly! And is he... smilingXoX

I´ve finished mine now too:
I made the grave mistake to google reference-images and then got hopelessly lost in details. That´s why it took so long. Whoops... :'D

Edit: switched pictures for my Laptop did some very funky things to Lalli´s skintone... And I only noticed when I looked at it from my phone.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 02:05:54 PM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Sevseres

« Reply #13715 on: February 21, 2021, 10:38:52 AM »
!!! You guys, this thread has become blessed now. Wave, I expressed my love before but again, delicious work. I love Emil's happy face, he seems very glad to be subject of Lalli's art.
And I love how metal they look in Annuil's piece, too. They are just, tooo cool!
The pose in Molly's is adorable. I love Lalli's expression. He's like, "Ok, you're way too close, but you're also way too cute so let's let you have this one time."
And Mirasol, I'd say that google search was worth it honestly. Those outifts are just the AWESOMEST. I particulary love Emil's arm-bracelet-thingies, and the stars under the eyes. And the total thing is just so sweet. Oh and those fluffs on Lalli's skirt are great too. They look hard to pull off.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 04:33:22 PM by nefnef »
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #13716 on: February 21, 2021, 01:48:44 PM »
Oh my gosh, you guys are amazing. What a fabulous collection of goth Emils and Lallis. I am in awe.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #13717 on: February 21, 2021, 05:28:32 PM »
Oh my goodness all of those goth Emil and Lallis look so good!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #13718 on: February 21, 2021, 05:48:38 PM »
Thanks, everyone! And also thank you for starting this whole idea! And another thank you for inspiring me to drag myself screaming and kicking out of my comfort zone and draw something so unusual for me ;)

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #13719 on: February 21, 2021, 06:27:11 PM »
*stares at all the goth Emil and Lalli content* such beauty. such perfection  XoX XoX XoX

So, uh, I'm here to bring another weird AU to the scene. Don't mind me.

And without furher ado, please welcome my interpretation of...   :headbang: :sparkle: the SSSS Band AU! :sparkle: :headbang:

Tbh I've been thinking about this for SO LONG and finally I had the motivation to draw the whole band! And since my brain just wouldn't stop thinking about it, you'll find more rambling under the spoiler, as well as the full individual pictures!

Spoiler: show

Emil is the lead singer and guitarist. I'd assume he'd be a decent singer in this AU... also I looked up pictures of Kurt Cobain a while ago and ugh he has an Emil-esque vibe I swear.  :emil:

Lalli plays bass. Idk, he just seems like a bass guy? Not often in the spotlight, but without him the song falls apart. I just love to imagine Lalli playing bass.  :lalli:

Reynir would be the guitarist. He'd be playing the super high energy riffs while Emil plays the rythmic. Unlike Lalli, he'd have no problem with stealing the spotlight from Emil with his guitar skills.  :reynir:

Sigrun is destined for the drums. She hits the drums like she hits trolls.  :sigrun:

And finally, Mikkel would play keyboard. I can see him as a tired music teacher who joined the band to get a bit of spice in his life... and secure some kind of income from it because he's probably gonna get fired from his job sooner or later.  :mikkel:

But wait! Where are Tuuri and Onni you may ask? Well, of course I haven't forgotten them!
Tuuri is the band's light and sound technician!! Since she's good with machines, it's the perfect role for her!  :tuuri:
And Onni can only play old finnish songs on the kantele, so he's not really part of the band. He's reluctantly accepted the job of manager, though it's mostly to keep an eye on his cousin and on his sister while they gain in popularity. Also that icelandic guy looks really good playing the guitar... but he won't say that out loud.  :onni:

I'm imagining they'd be playing some kind of rock / soft rock / pop rock, but they could also be playing metal (Sigrun insisted)... what songs could fit them? I could see them making covers of songs by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Nirvana...  :headbang:

Oh! I have no idea of what the band's name could be, any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:59:59 AM by GaelleDragons »
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13720 on: February 21, 2021, 06:38:18 PM »
So, uh, I'm here to bring another weird AU to the scene. Don't mind me.

Oh! I have no idea of what the band's name could be, any ideas?
:mikkel: Hmmmm. Maybe the Troll Hunters? (Though it has been literally years since that updated, and several others have done similar things, so...)
EDIT: It occurs to me that I forgot to mention that I like the portraits very much. Oops.  :-[
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:41:59 PM by LooNEY_DAC »

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #13721 on: February 21, 2021, 06:40:02 PM »
Ooooooooh, Gaelle, this is such beauty! XoX You’re so good at drawing mouths and faces in emotion! I adore this!  :tuuri:

Stand Still Stay Silent could become a name of the band? I mean, why not?… Stars of the North? :'D I am bad at making up good names for such things as bands  o_O

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #13722 on: February 21, 2021, 06:55:36 PM »
:mikkel: Hmmmm. Maybe the Troll Hunters? (Though it has been literally years since that updated, and several others have done similar things, so...)
EDIT: It occurs to me that I forgot to mention that I like the portraits very much. Oops.  :-[

Eee I had completely forgotten about these fics! >//~//< Oh god, I'm definetely going to reread the hell out of them when I have time. ^^"
Yep it's not really an original AU, and I think it was discussed on stream as well at some point... I just really wanted to make my own interpretation, so that's one more Band AU! We can never have enough, right? x3
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Sevseres

« Reply #13723 on: February 22, 2021, 01:11:40 AM »
GaelleDragons XoX thank you for bringing this into my life. I will cherish it. I think Troll Hunters is a good name. Has a rock vibe.
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13724 on: February 22, 2021, 02:12:35 AM »
Gosh, Gaelle, the energy you have put into your rock AU characters!  Emil is a revelation, and I totally agree with Lalli as a bass guitar player.

(May I also direct you to LooNEY_DAC's own Jazz Age AU, The Jylland Jump, for your reading pleasure?  I made a fanart of its last chapter but can't find it now.)

And huzzah Mirasol, who inspired the goths - yours show off the detail all right!  A-mazing. 

Everybody all riffed on Molly Vampiric's pastel Emil to get the outfit and hair colours, and Molly, I love your duet piece!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:31:52 AM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior