Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484153 times)

lumilaulu

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13395 on: June 24, 2020, 06:00:12 PM »
I just read the image as 'beautiful.'  I'm not entirely comfortable with characterising Lalli as not-quite-human, I dunno.  It is certainly easy when setting up an AU, but in other settings when coupled with the fanon/canon of him being non-neurotypical, I find it unsettling.  I may be a touch sensitive on the topic.

You're not the only one.

peeweevireo

« Reply #13396 on: June 29, 2020, 12:17:34 AM »
Hey! It's been a while!

I was fiddling around with brushes on photoshop and came up with a pretty neat thing!!

Spoiler: show

So here's a kinda confused and lost Sigrun!
It's not too polished but I kind of just wanted to try a different lighting since I don't really draw cities often?
I think I got the idea from a video game I played.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #13397 on: June 29, 2020, 05:47:22 AM »
Hey! It's been a while!

I was fiddling around with brushes on photoshop and came up with a pretty neat thing!!

Spoiler: show

So here's a kinda confused and lost Sigrun!
It's not too polished but I kind of just wanted to try a different lighting since I don't really draw cities often?
I think I got the idea from a video game I played.

Hi peeweevireo! I can't see your image, even copying the link (I get an "error 403 - forbidden" message).
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13398 on: June 29, 2020, 09:58:56 AM »
Sadly it doesn´t show up for me either.  :( I seem to get the same error-code as Grey.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #13399 on: June 29, 2020, 10:42:43 AM »
Hello all fan artists!

Since the comic streams are finally back, nagging to Minna paid off last Friday and she did make the clothing reference sheet for the team outfits. So, here you are!

The ones to the right of the vertical line are Finnish, which is a bit different from the others. Emil's current outfit is modelled after Dalarna styles (shown a bit separate from the others under him), but there are also lot of similar styles as are shown here for Norway and Denmark. Minna has also included search terms to help you find more references. I hope this will be useful!

It's also interesting to see her work on it so if you have time to watch the last half hour or so of last Friday's stream, do! The recordings stay on for a few days, not sure how long, but it probably should still be there now.

🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #13400 on: June 29, 2020, 11:07:15 AM »
Hello all fan artists!

Since the comic streams are finally back, nagging to Minna paid off last Friday and she did make the clothing reference sheet for the team outfits. So, here you are!

The ones to the right of the vertical line are Finnish, which is a bit different from the others. Emil's current outfit is modelled after Dalarna styles (shown a bit separate from the others under him), but there are also lot of similar styles as are shown here for Norway and Denmark. Minna has also included search terms to help you find more references. I hope this will be useful!

It's also interesting to see her work on it so if you have time to watch the last half hour or so of last Friday's stream, do! The recordings stay on for a few days, not sure how long, but it probably should still be there now.

Wow! That's amazing! thank you so much for sharing it!

Does it exists with a higher resolution?

Is it a rooster that I see, beside the horse? It reminds me of a typical Portuguese one, from Barcelos, a small city in the North (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooster_of_Barcelos)
Here's a picture:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooster_of_Barcelos#/media/File:PA2900302_galo_emiliarocha_medio.jpg
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #13401 on: June 29, 2020, 11:55:10 AM »
Oh it really is bad! CeilingFan posted the link to Minna’s dropbox on the Key comments on Twitch thread, it’s probably there for a while. Or can you get a better version through here:
https://postimg.cc/VrFjW00N

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #13402 on: June 29, 2020, 12:03:59 PM »
Oh sorry, I forgot the rooster. Yes, it is a black and red rooster. It’s very similar to the one you mean, I think I’ve seen the Portuguese rooster as logo for Nando’s restaurants in Britain (which our kids love so we go,when there) and also as a mural in Toronto’ Little Portugal :)

We also had a rooster kinda like it when I was a kid, but that was a whistle made of clay. The decoration was much simpler but still similar. In Finnish such a whistle is called kukkopilli (literally rooster whistle).

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #13403 on: June 29, 2020, 03:03:22 PM »
Hello all fan artists!

Absolutely most-best! :)) (though the quality of the postimages-link is simmilarly bad. But CeilingFan´s link over in the Keyposts-thread is good quality.) Still thank you so much for posting, I would have never seen this otherwise! I don´t watch the friday-streams to avoid spoilers for the comic.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #13404 on: June 29, 2020, 03:23:08 PM »
There are no spoilers, often there are just a couple of panels with peoples heads in them and everything else is black :) Of course that will mean for example that (this is a made up example) Emil is probably not dead in about a week, if his head is shown, but that’s it. This week the page was the chapter cover and it was not covered, but it’s also the next page that will be posted. But like just now there were no streams at all for a few weeks, presumably to keep from even giving away the fact that Lalli did return from his little hike. So, the likelihood of anything resembling a meaningful spoiler is low.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #13405 on: June 29, 2020, 03:27:57 PM »
I know there are probably no big spoilers, I just like to go in completely blind, because if I see some of it, I will overthink it and make theories. But yeah that´s just a me-problem I think. :'D

muidole

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #13406 on: June 29, 2020, 09:33:46 PM »
I know there are probably no big spoilers, I just like to go in completely blind, because if I see some of it, I will overthink it and make theories. But yeah that´s just a me-problem I think. :'D

I have the opposite mindset: I want to see whatever sneakpeek is available so I can metaphorically “scratch the SSSS itch“ I get during chapter breaks and weekends  ;D

Also Jitter thank you for posting the sheet to this thread! I didn’t even think to post it here but it makes so much sense and helps to spread the reference sheet to more people! ^-^
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:37:55 PM by CeilingFan »

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #13407 on: June 30, 2020, 11:07:21 AM »
I have the opposite mindset: I want to see whatever sneakpeek is available so I can metaphorically “scratch the SSSS itch“ I get during chapter breaks and weekends  ;D

I severely have that for CoH, but not SSSS for some reason...  :'D

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13408 on: June 30, 2020, 09:53:38 PM »
I tried to see if I could help with peeweevireo's post, but the image reference is Forbidden 403.  A quick look at the issue revealed: I have no idea. There are references to installing javascripts or extensions and such on our site to enable viewing from that site.  *throws hands in the air* 

peewee, if you're there, I think we're going to need a different link, please, because your art is splendid and I want to see it (and I'm not alone).
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #13409 on: July 12, 2020, 07:17:20 AM »
*Emil fanart incoming*

I started sketching this yesterday and then I thought "let's put some color on it real quick" and after that I lost control and ended up making a full shaded painting with dramatic lighting and everything. ^^"

Took me about 3 hours to complete.
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is: