Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484209 times)

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13335 on: June 02, 2020, 09:35:09 AM »
aaa! Mirasol, this is so sweet!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #13336 on: June 02, 2020, 10:16:20 AM »
Molly, not my kind of jokes, but this was funny nonetheless. I can totally imagine Sigrun pulling a prank like this on Emil's birthday!  :sigrun:

Mirasol, this is soooo sweet! I don't really keep track of the in-comic-time either but if you are correct and Emil spent his birthday in Reykjavík with Lalli, it's the sweetest thing ever!
Also I think seing Lalli's smile, no, grin! might have been Emil's favorite birthday present  :3
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #13337 on: June 02, 2020, 12:35:09 PM »
Making Lalli smile is much better use of cake than making a mess of Emil’s hair! But I suppose it depends on the company what will happen :)
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13338 on: June 02, 2020, 04:28:47 PM »
 :emil: :emil: XoX >:D O:-)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
« Reply #13339 on: June 03, 2020, 11:06:27 AM »
Had a bit of time to draw last night

Partly (but not entirely) inspired by Hold On To Me by Placebo.

This has no context - I just like to imagine Emil comforting Lalli (or maybe it's Lalli comforting Emil here? Who knows??)
Also the lighting forced me to give shape to Lalli's lips and because he has none in the comic it feels weird.

I put extra attention into Lalli's hands because I wanted them to convey the longing mixed with apprehension he might feel when being hugged by Emil like that. Halfway through the process a friend of mine told me Lalli's right little finger looked broken... Apparently you can't bend your little finger in this way - which confused me because I've always been able to do that with my own little finger. So I guess it's one of those things that some people can do with their bodies and others can't?? So I'm curious, can you do this with your hand? Is it me who's weird or is it my friend who's just not flexible enough to do it?

Also, side question: is it okay to post ship fanart to the forum? (I'm talking about sfw stuff of course) I know there are emilalli shippers on the forum but I want to make sure because I haven't seen many "explicitly shippy" art over here (or should I keep my shippy fanart to Tumblr and insta?). Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question ^^"
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #13340 on: June 03, 2020, 11:48:35 AM »
GaelleDragons, I don´t know about the shippy content thing, but I can confirm that my fingers can bend like that. Also, I really like the lighting in your Picture.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:52:38 AM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #13341 on: June 03, 2020, 12:42:55 PM »
I think that in theory, shippy content should be put in spoilers. In practice, between the fandom apparently being quite chill by Internet standards and the lack of canon pairings among the main characters, fanart of the most popular ships can be posted without risking to cause a stir. I'm not sure about rare pairs because of the "rare" part and personally not being the kind of person who reacts badly to fanart of pair they don't ship. And spoilers are still a good idea if characters are lacking clothing.

The ships that are not considered rare pairs are, from what I can tell, Emil/Lalli, Mikkel/Sigrun, Reynir/Tuuri, Sigrun/Tuuri, Reynir/Onni and Lalli/Reynir.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #13342 on: June 03, 2020, 04:03:33 PM »
I can do that too. Actually easier with little finger than the ring finger.

We have a mature board too! It’s invisible unless you are a member because of reasons. The main forum is supposed to be PG13, so hugging and holding hands etc should be ok. Anything that can be interpreted as friendship should also work. Anything remotely NSFW or explicit (also in terms of graphic violence) should go to the mature board.

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #13343 on: June 03, 2020, 07:24:36 PM »
Well, I can't do that with my little finger, unless applying pressure against something (as it seems to be the case with Lalli's hand)

BTW that's a beautiful work, Gaelle!

As for the rating question, I think this drawing raises no question. It's just two friends hugging each other. We can see that they care, but no romantic relation is necessary for that. On the other extreme, a scene without clothes should be on the mature board. But then there's a grey area (ah ah  :)) ) where it may become harder to tell.

Keeping with Lalli and Emil, and with clothes :) , what if they are holding hands? And if Emil caress Lalli's face?
There's a lot that can fit in PG13... What if they kiss? What if they kiss passionately?
To me none of those need to be on the mature board, but maybe someone has a different opinion.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #13344 on: June 04, 2020, 02:17:50 AM »
Gaelle, this piece is lovely! Very soft and tender. And I think it's definitely appropriate for this board - like Jitter said, it's not explicit, just soft. As far as I know, non-explicit/nsfw ship art is fine here, although I think it's often courteous to put kissing under a spoiler.

I can also do the thing with my fingers (I have very flexible hands, though, so I dunno if it's normal. But it's definitely not unrealistic!)
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13345 on: June 04, 2020, 02:21:47 AM »
Had a bit of time to draw last night

Partly (but not entirely) inspired by Hold On To Me by Placebo.

This has no context - I just like to imagine Emil comforting Lalli (or maybe it's Lalli comforting Emil here? Who knows??)
Also the lighting forced me to give shape to Lalli's lips and because he has none in the comic it feels weird.

I put extra attention into Lalli's hands because I wanted them to convey the longing mixed with apprehension he might feel when being hugged by Emil like that. Halfway through the process a friend of mine told me Lalli's right little finger looked broken... Apparently you can't bend your little finger in this way - which confused me because I've always been able to do that with my own little finger. So I guess it's one of those things that some people can do with their bodies and others can't?? So I'm curious, can you do this with your hand? Is it me who's weird or is it my friend who's just not flexible enough to do it?

Also, side question: is it okay to post ship fanart to the forum? (I'm talking about sfw stuff of course) I know there are emilalli shippers on the forum but I want to make sure because I haven't seen many "explicitly shippy" art over here (or should I keep my shippy fanart to Tumblr and insta?). Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question ^^"

This is very well done, Gaelle!

*mod hat ON*
Not at all a stupid question.
The official Forum rules state that shippy content should be under a spoiler, with NSFW content confined to the Mature Board (although you won't need spoilers there).
This particular image is not expressly shippy, though, as mere touch is ambiguous, even with a character who is usually touch-averse. Change Lalli's expression to rapturous delight, and there's a different story. 
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #13346 on: June 04, 2020, 01:54:40 PM »
I love how pretty and glow-y they are, Gaelle!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
« Reply #13347 on: June 05, 2020, 02:35:43 PM »
Thank you everyone! I'm very happy you like my shippy-but-not-too-shippy drawing.  :3
Now I know for sure I'm not the only one who can bend my little finger like this. That's good. And yep, grey, I think it's normal to be unable to do it without pushing your finger against a surface or using your other hand to position it. For that to work, you'd need to have muscles and a tendon on the top part of the joint, which I'm pretty sure no one has.

And thank you Grade E cat, Jitter, grey, Keep Looking and wavewright for answering my question! I was kinda worried about posting "out of the rules" fanart here, but now I know exactly what is okay and what is not. I guess I'll try to join the mature board, since I know at one point I'll probably end up drawing some not-so-sfw stuff (better be safe than sorry, in case that happens!). ^^""
*always scribbling*

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #13348 on: June 05, 2020, 03:16:45 PM »
Yeah, if you are unsure about a rating, rate up rather than down!

Of course it still isn’t crystal clear. For some people the limit is very different depending on whether the characters in question are of the same or different gender. I (at least try to) make the point that if it’s G between a boy and a girl, it’s G between two boys as well.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #13349 on: June 05, 2020, 03:22:15 PM »
Sorry I want to elaborate a bit. My work is writing so it doesn’t jump directly into your brain when you glance at a page, but of course written works need to be rated too. I wrote a story for the Christmas Calendar last December where Lalli and Emil were openly boyfriends and there was fluff and cuddling. I put a short description and “tags” on top of the story, and at least I never got any complaints.

Many of the Chapter Break Filler vignettes were also kind of shippy, and no warnings either (less clearly shippy than the Christmas story, but still) and again no complaints.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 06:52:48 AM by Jitter »